Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 29, 2024, 05:00:05 am

Dan Reeves

Started by hammer, August 21, 2007, 01:32:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

Was Dan Reeves on campus yesterday?  If so why?

Silver Hog

razorrog1

Did you see him on campus?

Swino

Quote from: swisshog on August 21, 2007, 01:33:19 pm
he's the new AD.

That is a rumor.  Nobody knows why Dan was on campus.

slopinhogs

win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

razorrog1

Quote from: Swino on August 21, 2007, 01:34:00 pm
Quote from: swisshog on August 21, 2007, 01:33:19 pm
he's the new AD.

That is a rumor.  Nobody knows why Dan was on campus.
So, he was on campus?

MysticHog

August 21, 2007, 01:37:46 pm #6 Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 01:39:34 pm by MysticHog
He was brought to Carnal Hall Hotel Sunday night and as far as it is known for sure he is still on campus.

Now it could be that he is the new AD, or it could be that he is being a consultant to White on who to hire as an AD or it could be neither.  He has been doing consulting work for the Houston Texans for the last two years.  He's 62, sounds a little younger to me than it use to.

DOGALUM

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Razorhogs

Do you think he would be a good AD?  I'm 50-50 on this one...

TechHog

He could certainly draw a "name" football coach.  I should be ecstatic about the possibility, just not sure he's the man for the job.

LSPRazorbac

He is going back to school for his degree ;)

regi

He did a radio interview in Atlanta today (about Vick, imagine?) I don't know were he was at, the host didn't ask. I called in, but the screener said the interview was about Vick and his relationship with him only.

THHAWG

Doesn't Mort broadcast from his home in Bella Vista?  Possibly from there.  Not starting a rumor or claiming any inside knowledge.  Would be nice if this AD rumor is true.

hirebutchdavis

Dan Reeves is not going to be the next AD.  He has no AD experience.  He has not ties to Arkansas.  A web site that I will not mention states he was on campus but was consulting.  Once again, he is not the AD nor will he be.  They have to atleast look outside of the box and let everyone think they looked outside of the box.  The New AD is Harold Horton.

hawgfandude

Quote from: hirebutchdavis on August 21, 2007, 04:56:01 pm
Dan Reeves is not going to be the next AD.  He has no AD experience.  He has not ties to Arkansas.  A web site that I will not mention states he was on campus but was consulting.  Once again, he is not the AD nor will he be.  They have to atleast look outside of the box and let everyone think they looked outside of the box.  The New AD is Harold Horton.

I would take Harold, but how do you know it will be Harold?  By the way - I would love to have Butchie as our coach.

redbarn

He has as much experience in the Athletic Director department as Broyles did when he started or HDN would have if they make him the new AD.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

DOGALUM

Horton would be a terrible choice.  Same old, same old.

Won't happen.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

hirebutchdavis

Horton is way different.  I do not not know it is Harold Horton.  I just have my suspicions.  Its the best kept secret since who shot JFK. 

MysticHog

Quote from: hirebutchdavis on August 21, 2007, 08:08:46 pm
Horton is way different.  I do not not know it is Harold Horton.  I just have my suspicions.  Its the best kept secret since who shot JFK. 
It is not Harold Horton and I know that because I asked him.

WindyCityHog

Quote from: MysticHog on August 21, 2007, 08:11:55 pm
It is not Harold Horton and I know that because I asked him.

Personally?  I doubt that....

HogISH™

JFK is dead? dang when did that happen.

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

biggiepiggie

JFK is not dead.  He just got shot.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: biggiepiggie on August 22, 2007, 03:43:18 pm
JFK is not dead.  He just got shot.

Were JFK and Elvis on campus today?
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

hirebutchdavis

Dan Reeves is not the next AD.  I have already told you guys Harold Horton is the next AD as soon as they look around a little.  They have to float those rumors to make it seem like they looked outside of the box. 

hirebutchdavis

Personally I would love to see Bill Montgomery as the new AD unless his opinion has changed since Orville wrote that famous column that I tuly love.  Talk about being able to see into the future.

DeltaBoy

BIG BILL would have nutt gone before the ink got dry!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

prairiehogcompanion

Quote from: hirebutchdavis on August 21, 2007, 04:56:01 pm

Does this mean the Pillsbury Doughboy is out of the picture?

MysticHog

I am not sure Montgomery is interested in the job, if he was I am sure he would get it. All he would have to do is say he wanted it and White would have little to do with it.