Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

the next five games (softball)

Started by flippinhogmana, March 05, 2018, 01:22:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

March 05, 2018, 01:22:12 am Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 10:35:54 pm by flippinhogmana
Tuesday's double header begins a five game grueling road test for us.  Wichita State may be only 9-8 but their eight losses come only against ranked teams or teams like us receiving votes.  They just beat Nebraska two out of three at Nebraska and Nebraska ranks just above in receiving votes.

Then we have Georgia on the road.  We could lose all five of these games. 

Georgia ranks above us (as I said in a different thread earlier) in almost every category and has a slightly better record than us (18-1 I think).  It will certainly test out pitching, hitting and defense.  But this is the reason why we play the game.  A good outcome for the week would be 3-2, a fantastic outcome would be anything better than that. 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

at least all three games with Georgia will be televised (one on espn I believe, the Sunday 5:pm game).
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Scott7703

Gonna be a good test. I predict Haff shows up and shows out and we win a few of them.

flippinhogmana

she will likely start three of them, first one today and the one on Saturday and Monday against Georgia if she isnt used too much in relief.  I am hopeful Storms pitches well, too.