Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WBB SEC Tournament

Started by psycHOGlogist, February 28, 2018, 02:13:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

Great win today by the Hogs over Vandy by 12, 88-76. Career game from Kiara Williams, with 25 points, and three other folks in double figures (Northcross-Baker, Cosper, and Monk). The 2nd half was one of the best halves I've seen them play all year - the outside shots really started to fall. Impressive coaching job coming after a loss to the same team on Sunday. Good adjustments to keep Overbeck from going off again.

On to play TAMU tomorrow. Don't expect a win, but hope we put up a good fight. WPS!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 28, 2018, 02:13:43 pm
Great win today by the Hogs over Vandy by 12, 88-76. Career game from Kiara Williams, with 25 points, and three other folks in double figures (Northcross-Baker, Cosper, and Monk). The 2nd half was one of the best halves I've seen them play all year - the outside shots really started to fall. Impressive coaching job coming after a loss to the same team on Sunday. Good adjustments to keep Overbeck from going off again.

On to play TAMU tomorrow. Don't expect a win, but hope we put up a good fight. WPS!

Four, Mason too!

One other thing of note, Monk and RNB also had 7 assists each, and Mason and Cosper had five each.  They only had 6 turnovers, 25 assists total and only six turnovers, you wont see a ratio like that often.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

BWS

Williams was a beast today. She made the difference in the game.

psycHOGlogist

For those who are skeptical of the program's direction, I think this video shows a lot of the things that make me confident about the future -- an enormously positive and upbeat coach who has a sense of humor and is a hugely relatable guy.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/22605876

razCzar

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 28, 2018, 03:56:52 pm
For those who are skeptical of the program's direction, I think this video shows a lot of the things that make me confident about the future -- an enormously positive and upbeat coach who has a sense of humor and is a hugely relatable guy.

Great postgame interview!
Coach is really a dynamo - and such a great guy. 
Fast moving up to maybe my favorite Razorback coach (and that's saying something right now).

logic

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 28, 2018, 02:13:43 pm

I'm sure they will play the best they can, but TexA&M has way too much size for us.

hawg1221

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 28, 2018, 03:56:52 pm

It's hard not to like Coach Neighbors.

LadybackBBFan

I AM At the tournament and it is hard to communicate much but what a great game yesterday.  I wish we were playing Tennessee, Georgia or LSU today in stead of Texas A&M.

nwahogfan1

Texas A&M won by 44 at Arkansas.   Losing by only 20 might be a win for our morale and something to build on.

Boy I hope we can get a 6'4+ grad transfer or JUCO next year.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on March 01, 2018, 09:41:11 am
I AM At the tournament and it is hard to communicate much but what a great game yesterday.  I wish we were playing Tennessee, Georgia or LSU today in stead of Texas A&M.

Yes, of all the teams, we are put up against the one we match up with absolutely the WORST!