Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jen will get shredded by Wisky fans on twitter over this

Started by Albert Einswine, September 21, 2013, 06:36:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 21, 2013, 06:42:47 pm

I wish they'd refrain from that stupid pop culture nonsense completely.

I agree, but get ready for the incoming fire.  I posted something questioning whether our coach and his wife should be getting so involved in social media a while back.  Not many agreed.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 22, 2013, 01:08:03 pm
I agree, but get ready for the incoming fire.  I posted something questioning whether our coach and his wife should be getting so involved in social media a while back.  Not many agreed.

Not many agree with anything you say.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Science Fiction Greg

It is possible to use social media without being an idiot about it.  There's no reason to recommend someone stop using twitter or facebook over recommending they not act unprofessionally on twitter or facebook.  They're adults, they can handle it.  They just need to start.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Corndog7 on September 22, 2013, 01:44:57 pm
It is possible to use social media without being an idiot about it.  There's no reason to recommend someone stop using twitter or facebook over recommending they not act unprofessionally on twitter or facebook.  They're adults, they can handle it.  They just need to start.

Last December would've been a good time to start. It remains to be seen if either of them can control themselves.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

la20688

Quote from: McHogLovin on September 21, 2013, 09:12:30 pm
I'm sure most of the Big 10 couldn't stand CBB and his arrogance.  We are so screwed with this guy.  Said it when we hired him, then backed off a hair, but we are SCREWED.  Avg coach in the best division of the best conference hands down in CFB.  Yep, we are screwed.  You boys will be hating soon enough too.
"Backed off a hair"....until we lose our first game. Now you feel safe to pile on.

thefisher

Quote from: McHogLovin on September 21, 2013, 09:12:30 pm
I'm sure most of the Big 10 couldn't stand CBB and his arrogance. 

Refresh our memories as to exactly which Big10 school you coached at to get such wonderful insight.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Bigdaddyhogfan

The Artist Yo Huckleberry

The Bielemas are 15 year old kids. She's participating and in attendance at a sorority rush party. He's picking up take out at a local restaurant and slugs down four vodka tonics before leaving the premises. Good grief. If he thinks he was pissed about a parking ticket, wait ol he gets a dwi.

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: LSUFan on September 22, 2013, 02:06:32 am
You guys are like a prick tease prom date, always promising to perform, and never do.
But, it's been a rebuilding year since '64, right?

EDIT: Sorry, I was pissed at the new coach when I wrote this.

We live in a State with beautiful mountains and lakes and you live in mudhole swamp with 50,000,0000,000 mosquitos, quenching your thirst with tap water containing our industrial waste and sewage.

I think the least God could do is give you a decent football team.  I'm going to the bathroom right now to flush you a present.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

Pig Worshipper

Well at least she's not emailing about beating a player's mom with a two by four.

The Artist Yo Huckleberry

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

urkillnmesmalls

I guess I'm missing something here.  I'm not on twitter, don't keep up with twitter, or Facebook, and I don't feel the need to.  If someone wants to call me names or whatever their interests are, they'll have to find me and do it to my face.  I kinda like it that way, because MOST people are not going to say anything vile in person that they might say otherwise.  Hogville has mods to keep things in line for the most part.   

LedZep, EastTXHawg, and I took some shots from many of you who called us dinosaurs, and said that 1990 was calling us for thinking this twitter thing was going to bite someone at some point.   

This is the first example of a twitter tit for tat, and even though I'm SURE the Wisconsin fans that were rude and ugly deserved what she said about karma, it was IMMEDIATELY jumped on as being directed at ALL Wisconsin fans wasn't it?  That's exactly what we were all saying.  It doesn't matter how you WANTED it to be taken.  It only matters how it WAS taken.  Once it's written down, it's out there...and no take backs.       
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

pignosticator

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 22, 2013, 07:16:02 pm
I guess I'm missing something here.  I'm not on twitter, don't keep up with twitter, or Facebook, and I don't feel the need to.  If someone wants to call me names or whatever their interests are, they'll have to find me and do it to my face.  I kinda like it that way, because MOST people are not going to say anything vile in person that they might say otherwise.  Hogville has mods to keep things in line for the most part.   

LedZep, EastTXHawg, and I took some shots from many of you who called us dinosaurs, and said that 1990 was calling us for thinking this twitter thing was going to bite someone at some point.   

This is the first example of a twitter tit for tat, and even though I'm SURE the Wisconsin fans that were rude and ugly deserved what she said about karma, it was IMMEDIATELY jumped on as being directed at ALL Wisconsin fans wasn't it?  That's exactly what we were all saying.  It doesn't matter how you WANTED it to be taken.  It only matters how it WAS taken.  Once it's written down, it's out there...and no take backs.       

Well said! No take backs...
Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football.

— John Heisman (1869–1936), legendary football coach for whom the Heisman Trophy is named