Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Riddle me this

Started by Chestodrawers, December 06, 2014, 09:48:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestodrawers

If we were still under the BCS system, which 2 would get in?

Dominicanhog

HOGINTENNESSEE

Bubba's Bruisers

Bama and either OR or FSU if they're undefeated.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

I think the computers would favor FSU, but the humans would favor OR.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Lake City Hog

Alabama and Florida State. Leaving out the undefeated defending champs is not possible.

Chestodrawers

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Lake City Hog on December 06, 2014, 09:50:40 pm
Alabama and Florida State. Leaving out the undefeated defending champs is not possible.

yeah, I said O but I agree.. Bama-FSU

BigPapaHawg

Quote from: Lake City Hog on December 06, 2014, 09:50:40 pm

I agree!
WOO PIG

Bubba's Bruisers

Seriously doubt OR would get in over Bama.  FSU would be a lock.

N HOG

Definitely Bama and FSU.

Beaverfever

FSU and Bama definitely.

ballz2thewall

The rest of the frog.

hoglady

I would like to know who the #4 would be under the old BCS formula.
TCU, OSU or Baylor?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hoglady on December 06, 2014, 10:21:25 pm
I would like to know who the #4 would be under the old BCS formula.
TCU, OSU or Baylor?

TOSU.  They'd benefit big time from the extra CCG.  especially given how they dominated that game.

hogsanity

Some one did a look this week using the bcs formula, at east as much of it as they could replicate ( the Harris poll no longer exists ), and going nto this weekend they said the top 4 would be exactly the same as the committee had going into today.

I would say if we had the old formula, it would be Bama and Oregon.  Oregon played a deeper schedule, and the computers would have loved that.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hoggish1

Quote from: Chestodrawers on December 06, 2014, 09:48:31 pm
      If we were still under the BCS system, which 2 would get in?

Alabama no. 2 and FSU 1...

Murr

screw UAB #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV#freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV#freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV#freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV#freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV#freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV#freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV#freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV#freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV#freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV#freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV#freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV#freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV#freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV#freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV#freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV#freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV#freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV#freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV #freeHRV

hoglady

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 06, 2014, 10:24:01 pm
TOSU.  They'd benefit big time from the extra CCG.  especially given how they dominated that game.

TCU's strength of schedule is quite a bit higher than Ohio St.
Not sold on Wisconsin.
Losses to LSU and Northwestern.
Decent wins - Nebraska and Minnesota.
If tOSU gets in can't wait for them to get killed by whoever they play.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hogsanity

Quote from: hoglady on December 06, 2014, 10:45:30 pm

TCU's strength of schedule is quite a bit higher than Ohio St.
Not sold on Wisconsin.
Losses to LSU and Northwestern.
Decent wins - Nebraska and Minnesota.
If tOSU gets in can't wait for them to get killed by whoever they play.

tOSu will NOT get killed, their defense is pretty good. They also have two legit play makers a WR. And trust me, no one hope they get killed as much as me. My dad is from Ohio, and I have a bunch of relatives still there that I have to listen to all the time about tOSU.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hoglady

Quote from: hogsanity on December 06, 2014, 10:52:35 pm
tOSu will NOT get killed, their defense is pretty good. They also have two legit play makers a WR. And trust me, no one hope they get killed as much as me. My dad is from Ohio, and I have a bunch of relatives still there that I have to listen to all the time about tOSU.

We'll see.
Just don't think they're as good as the Big 10 makes them look.
SOS  for tOSU - #41
SOS for TCU - #12
Bama - #4
Oregon - #25
FSU - #46

Atlhogfan1

Easy Bama and FSU.

Bama and Oregon lost the same weekend.  Bama fell to 7th and Oregon to 11th and 12th in the polls.

Because of the -1 in the formula for a loss and the pollsters usually ranking the only unbeaten especially from a power conference and one with the brand of an FSU #1, FSU would have been 1 or 2 at the worst. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.