Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Having watched the Bama vs Mizz game, I wonder...

Started by Bebop, December 06, 2014, 07:26:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebop

why we didn't run it more against Missouri. Granted, Bama passed the ball but they took over in the 2nd half with the run game.

kodiakisland

Quote from: Bebop on December 06, 2014, 07:26:44 pm
why we didn't run it more against Missouri. Granted, Bama passed the ball but they took over in the 2nd half with the run game.

What do you mean?  We pitched wide to the short side of the field plenty of times.  Same result every time.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Bubba's Bruisers

How successful were we when we did run it?  I missed the first half of that game.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Pork Twain

Much of their rushing yards came in the 4th, with a 38-13 lead and a healthy qb to keep the defense honest.  We are not at Bama's level yet.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

acepoker

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 06, 2014, 07:33:01 pm
How successful were we when we did run it?  I missed the first half of that game.
We ran efficient all game. We are just too predictable on offense and even more so on our snap count. It is one way to cut down on penalties, but also enables the defense to blitz at will.

Pork Twain

How pigheaded do you have to be to continually go after either JC or BA?  Pretty sure the powers-that-be have said lay off.  Stop trashing threads with your garbage.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hoglady

Don't know that you can compare our offense with what Kiffin put on the field tonight.
That entire offensive game plan was a thing of beauty and executed very well.
We have good backs - but we don't have a Henry.
I'm pretty proud of defense - we seem to be the only team that could control Amari Cooper. Have a lot more options on offense when you have a guy like him.
Bottom line Bama has better skill players at just about every offensive position.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

TeufelHog

Probably because our O-Line was not blocking well at all that game . . .

Paul

Quote from: TeufelHog on December 06, 2014, 08:04:12 pm
U are correct.  There were no holes to run thru

JIHawg

We got no Amare, nor a QB who can complete those very long passes down the middle as often as Bama does.  That backs guys up off the box, allowing the run game to flourish.

reddogjcss

Mizzou didn't play nears as good against BAMA as they did against us. Dropped passes and Mattie was off. Mattie was on fire when we played them. Tonight Mizzou defense give out!

Danny J

Quote from: JIHawg on December 06, 2014, 08:24:38 pm
We got no Amare, nor a QB who can complete those very long passes down the middle as often as Bama does.  That backs guys up off the box, allowing the run game to flourish.

The real Hogules

Sometimes I wonder if you guys are even watching the same game that I'm watching.
When a defense loads more men in the box than our OL can block, someone on the defense is bound to come free.
They had zero respect for our vertical passing game and therefore focused entirely on our run game.
Missouri couldn't load up against the Tide like they were able to do against our Razorbacks.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Danny J

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 06, 2014, 08:46:51 pm
Sometimes I wonder if you guys are even watching the same game that I'm watching.
When a defense loads more men in the box than our OL can block, someone on the defense is bound to come free.
They had zero respect for our vertical passing game and therefore focused entirely on our run game.
Missouri couldn't load up against the Tide like they wee able to do against our Razorbacks.
Exactly. Hard to run against 9 in the box. The safeties cheated to within 9 yards of the line the entire 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter. Just not able to run against a stacked box.

razorJAcker

2 reasons:

1)  Our O-line isn't nearly as good as Bama's at this point.  May be in the future but not right now.

2)  We don't have a vertical threat like Amari Cooper to help open up the run game.

Piggfoot

Bama's run game was supported by their pass game. We never had that balance.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Bebop

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 06, 2014, 09:01:32 pm
Bama's run game was supported by their pass game. We never had that balance.

We did well passing the ball in the first half.

Quote from: razorJAcker on December 06, 2014, 08:54:06 pm
2 reasons:

1)  Our O-line isn't nearly as good as Bama's at this point.  May be in the future but not right now.

2)  We don't have a vertical threat like Amari Cooper to help open up the run game.

1) I believe our oline is better at run blocking than pass blocking

2) True, but how many WR screens did we run (1 in the 1st quarter) compared to Bama. Sometimes it is just a matter of fitting what works to your players and not trying to force them into a position that they are suited for. So, we may not have an Amari Cooper who can get separation and burn people, but we have some good slot receivers that could be utilized better to open up the play book.

Hoggish1

Not true.  First half was pretty good.  We couldn't extend drives in the 2nd half and it caught up to our D...

Dark Helmet Hog

Missouri's best defensive player was ejected from the game.

Bama was more effective in the passing game.