- wins 2 SEC games
-gets an extension and the largest buyout in school history

- Starts the season 1-3 with loses to Texas Tech and Toledo at home

- loses 56-3 to Auburn
- wins 3 SEC games

- loses to TCU 28-7

Overall record 26-27
SEC record 10-22

Worst football coach in Arkansas history, yes he is.

Thank you.

razorsharptusk

Quote from: GoHogsGo2017 on September 19, 2017, 11:55:37 am
- blows a 4th quarter lead to Rutgers
- loses 8 SEC games in a row

-blows leads to A&M, Alabama, and Missouri
- wins 2 SEC games

- loses 56-3 to Auburn
- wins 3 SEC games

- loses to TCU 28-7

Overall record 26-27
SEC record 10-22

More sad than this, he is still here and according to some, will be for another year.  How do the  powers that be allow this year after year?
GO HOGS!!

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: elksnort on September 19, 2017, 12:56:34 pm
Let me say that the 47-0 deal vs Ole Miss and LSU provided me with great hope for the future. There have also been some very fun games in CBB's time there, for instance the Ole Miss game of 2015.

But in year 5 to not have it all together, or at least mostly together, makes me lose faith in CBB getting it done here at Arkansas.

I still have hope that this season will turn out well. For me 8 wins in regular season or no worse than 7.

Anything worse, and I would love to see him go away..

I don't start a lot of threads because most stuff is covered, but I can't help and think that Oklahoma State can have the program that they are having, then so should Arkansas.

Good points, I feel like we are pretty aligned.  I have also thought about OK State and success that Gundy has had there.   I have attached a table of both coaches tenure, and I think that it shows 4 years in both coaches were appx even.  Gudny's confernece record was better, but the B12 has some pretty nice bottom feeders.  Gundy came after Les Miles had some success there as well, so I feel confident saying he started off from a better position.  Gundy did have to turn the style of play around like Bret did here, which his 1-7 conference record shows in 2005.  I also included recruiting rankings relative to conference.   You can clearly see that Gundy has recruited about middle of the pack for OK State, while we are bottom 3rd of the SEC.   I still feel Bret can have some success here, but am disturbed by the trend from the L3 P5 games.

The_Iceman

I do not hold the first season against Bret Bielema. However, he blew a realistic and easy chance at a 10-11 win season in 2015 (Toledo, a&m, and Miss State), and a 9 win season in 2016 (Mizzou and VT).

Thats what I truly hold against him. That would completely change the program right now if he just did his job and finished those games.

twistitup

Quote from: GoHogsGo2017 on September 19, 2017, 02:33:59 pm
that's what's wrong with Arkansas fans. We ignore facts and try to find other things to point fingers at like each other

Chumlee will defend the program at all costs....
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

There is a subject and an angle not being discussed concerning BB.  How many MUST WIN GAMES has he lost since coming here to be our coach?  And lets make this a multiple post.  Who at a level that matters has said one word about these MUST WIN losses.  I am certain I will get the Jeff said he needed to win more.  That's what my 9 year old Grandson says too and if he were in charge, he would likely locate BB and carefully explain that directly to him.

Gonzo

Quote from: 12247 on September 19, 2017, 04:17:06 pm
There is a subject and an angle not being discussed concerning BB.  How many MUST WIN GAMES has he lost since coming here to be our coach?  And lets make this a multiple post.  Who at a level that matters has said one word about these MUST WIN losses.  I am certain I will get the Jeff said he needed to win more.  That's what my 9 year old Grandson says too and if he were in charge, he would likely locate BB and carefully explain that directly to him.

I don't feel like BB has had any "must win" games yet, at least as far as his employment is concerned. I do think the TCU game has drawn some increased scrutiny for him, and though I don't think A&M is quite a "must win", I think a loss Saturday might lead to one or two of those coming along this season. If they lose Saturday, I think the path to even a .500 season, much less a winning season, gets pretty tough.

Go Hogs!

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: gchamblee on September 19, 2017, 02:50:39 pm
If I wanted to argue that he is doing a good job I would cherry pick games that were good wins for us. There are a few really good ones. If I were wanting to argue that he is doing a bad job, I would use his overall record and lack of progress against him.

One MUST look at the totality of his on-the-field performance......and it isn't pretty..
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 19, 2017, 04:01:12 pm
I do not hold the first season against Bret Bielema. However, he blew a realistic and easy chance at a 10-11 win season in 2015 (Toledo, a&m, and Miss State), and a 9 win season in 2016 (Mizzou and VT).

Thats what I truly hold against him. That would completely change the program right now if he just did his job and finished those games.

I agree on year 1 even though it was an 0'fer in the SEC (so maybe I just begrudgingly agree), but I'm not buying the "should have" thing for 2015 and 2016.  We lost those games, because we were still a work in progress.  We weren't good enough to win them all.

In 2015, there's no way we should have beaten OM...talk about a gift from God.  Can't have it both ways.  A$M and MSU were total toss up games...I still think A$M was better.  Could have gone either way, so it's reasonable to say we should have beaten Toledo, and 1 of either A$M or MSU, but lost to OM.  We were an 8-4 team, no more IMO.

In 2016, the only game that was an anomaly, IMO, was the Mizzou game.  We were better, but royally fricked it up.  All other games went just about as expected...we beat the teams we probably should have and lost to the teams we probably should have.  I know, I know, VT was inexcusable too, but VT was good...nothing like Mizzou.  I think VT was better.  Removing the way in which we lost that game, a loss shouldn't have been any kind of a surprise.  We were an 8-4 team again, no more IMO.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HawgsPolo

Go Cubs Go!!!!!

GoHogsGo2017

Quote from: HawgsPolo on September 19, 2017, 04:50:15 pm

Don't be so dismissive to the facts.

Attacking the messenger... I did that off of the top of my head in about five minutes. Coach makes 4.5 million a year to be competitive.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: twistitup on September 19, 2017, 12:12:59 pm
Be careful with all those facts OP - university trolls will be by shortly to tell you that you aren't a real fan.
Those university trolls are to be called Jeffies. They aren't hog fans, they're Jeff Long fans.

Dominicanhog

- wins 2 SEC games

- loses 56-3 to Auburn
- wins 3 SEC games

- loses to TCU 28-7

Overall record 26-27
SEC record 10-22

What about the LSU game 99 yards in 59 seconds... to win

Danny J

Quote from: Gonzo on September 19, 2017, 04:27:12 pm
I don't feel like BB has had any "must win" games yet, at least as far as his employment is concerned. I do think the TCU game has drawn some increased scrutiny for him, and though I don't think A&M is quite a "must win", I think a loss Saturday might lead to one or two of those coming along this season. If they lose Saturday, I think the path to even a .500 season, much less a winning season, gets pretty tough.

Go Hogs!
I agree and will add how we lose IF indeed we do lose will be just as important as the loss itself. We can't come out flat in the second half and AA can't sustain a beating by O lineman being whipped on a consistent basis.

I have no idea which way this game is gonna go. I think right now both these teams are fragile and usually when that's the case the more talented team wins. We shall see.

grayhawg

This article is probably more hot air than reality, however I don't think CBB could stand to go winless in the SEC and survive.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Only timeline I know is that time is up. It's time to roll or stroll big boy!
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

twistitup

September 20, 2017, 10:42:38 am #67 Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 11:31:38 am by twistitup
CBB is now understanding...

It's not very far from the penthouse to the outhouse

Now, let's go turn things around in Dtown big fella
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Cmheinley

Quote from: gchamblee on September 19, 2017, 12:45:52 pm
This is a healthy point of view

I think most of us feel this way. It's the most rational and logical for what options we have.

hawgon

I don't think Long or Bielema really understood our program.  Long thinks we should satisfied with being mid-tier at best.  He has not heretofore put any pressure on Bielema and I think that Bielema has probably been pretty surprised by the heat that is starting to come his way.

PossumFan

- wins 2 SEC games

- loses 56-3 to Auburn
- wins 3 SEC games

- loses to TCU 28-7

Overall record 26-27
SEC record 10-22

This is not a real "timeline." It's cherry-picking the negatives to advance an agenda. A real timeline would include the positives, which admittedly are not as numerous as the negatives _ but at least they would be in there to provide a complete and accurate picture.