Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas is pumping out big time ballers

Started by SportsLife, June 19, 2017, 08:21:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs49ers

June 19, 2017, 10:24:11 pm #1 Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:58:10 pm by Hogs49ers
Wow, great read!  I really appreciate everything you bring to this board Kevin!

Couple questions though - I noticed you did not have Desi Sills ranked in the top 10 or even in the "Best of the Rest"?  Is that on purpose and you have seen something you do not like or did you leave him off by accident ?

Of all these incredible players in the 2020 class, which ones do you feel love the state of Arkansas and dream of playing for the Hogs?  Or are any of them like Archie or Monk?  Have you gotten those kind of vibes from them yet?

And BTW, of all the dumb crap I see posted in here that goes 3-5 pages long, it sure would be nice to see more detailed back and forth discussion on some of these amazing up and coming ballers in our state.  I have seen quite a bit of talk on the guys coming in from our 2018 class, but not so much on the incredible 19-20 classes.
SCREW Vandy!

Pig in the Pokey

those 2020 kids... my God. And Perry is sounding more and more like a one-and-done.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 19, 2017, 10:24:11 pm
Wow, great read!  I really appreciate everything you bring to this board Kevin!

Couple questions though - I noticed you did not have Desi Sills ranked in the top 10 or even in the "Best of the Rest"?  Is that on purpose and you have seen something you do not like or did you leave him off by accident ?

Of all these incredible players in the 2020 class, which ones do you feel love the state of Arkansas and dream of playing for the Hogs?  Or are any of them like Archie or Monk?  Have you gotten those kind of vibes from them yet?

And BTW, of all the dumb crap I see posted in here that goes 3-5 pages long, it sure would be nice to see more detailed back and forth discussion on some of these amazing up and coming ballers in our state.  I have seen quite a bit of talk on the guys coming in from our 2018 class, but not so much on the incredible 19-20 classes.

Two great questions.

As for Desi, he stopped playing at the Memphis in May Invitational due to soreness in his knees and is not expected to return, I'm told he is going to rest his knees for the HS season.

As for the 2020 kids, I really don't have a feel for their love or loyalty to the Hogs. I know they all have Arkansas high on their lists right now, so that's a great start.

Birminghog

Kevin, thanks for all of the great info. With your input and the discussion it generates, JB is beginning to feel more like Extra Innings, which is a welcome change. Hopefully, this type of positive, intelligent discussion will continue. Now if only someone can do the same for MMQB.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Birminghog on June 20, 2017, 06:42:28 pm
Kevin, thanks for all of the great info. With your input and the discussion it generates, JB is beginning to feel more like Extra Innings, which is a welcome change. Hopefully, this type of positive, intelligent discussion will continue. Now if only someone can do the same for MMQB.

Well said, completely agree!
SCREW Vandy!

Kevin McPherson

2021 class getting some national love already ... 6-3 PG Jalen Ricks of ARHawks 14U / Sylvan Hills, and 6-5 forward Ryan Maxwell of Joe Johnson Slite 14U / Jacksonville Lighthouse both invited to rpestigious CP3 Rising Stars national camp for incoming HS freshmen ... so here we go folks, strap in, because basketball in Arkansas just keeps getting better ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/877552823571025924

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/877553496152842241

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/877554674630619136

hogsanity

It is hard for many people tp get excited about 14u players right now for a couple reasons. 1, they are 4 years away from signing, and 2 by then the nba rules may be very different giving these kids a path to go right to pro ball. There is not question there is some high level talent coming up.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE