Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Redbird Rundown V

Started by dhornjr1, March 30, 2011, 01:26:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

David Freese out for awhile with a broken hand. He's been good for us this year. More bad news.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

dhornjr1

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 01, 2011, 09:52:27 pm
David Freese out for awhile with a broken hand. He's been good for us this year. More bad news.

He's a very good hitter, but he's apparently one of those guys who will be injured every year, like J.D. Drew, Brian Jordan, etc. If you get one or two seasons in his career where he plays more than 140 games consider yourself lucky.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

When I heard it hit him, I thought it was the bat. Then in slow-mo it showed it hit his hand. Then it showed it in real time. Jeebus, that's gotta hurt.
ched come back pls

jst01

Gonna have to come from behind to win tonight.

Did yadi really try and steal a base tonight?

jst01

Way to take a pitch Colby! Geeze!

dhornjr1

I wish Berkman could bottle whatever it is he has right now.

FS Hog

Quote from: jst01 on May 02, 2011, 09:37:53 pm
Did yadi really try and steal a base tonight?
Looked like a hit and run. The batter swung and missed.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Man, Sanchez has a NASTY slider.
ched come back pls

Smolder

Quote from: dhornjr1 on May 03, 2011, 12:53:18 pm
I wish Berkman could bottle whatever it is he has right now.

Looks like we may have gotten a steal at 8 million. Who would have thought? Playing like the old Berkman

Dear Lord, do not jinx us because I said that.

dhornjr1

This game tonight reminds me of a Cardinals game from the 80's - except the Marlins are playing the role of the 80's Cardinals.

And Chris Carpenter is seriously pissing me off with his smart-ass mouth. Hanley Ramirez is not a dirty player and Carpenter is acting like a complete prick.

pigture perfect

Carpenter is really struggling this year. He is starting to get the boo birds now for sure.

dhornjr1

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 04, 2011, 10:50:59 pm
Carpenter is really struggling this year. He is starting to get the boo birds now for sure.

I would boo him for being a jerk. That crap he pulled tonight was uncalled for.

DeltaBoy

Birds beat the Fish !!!!!!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogtropolis™

Even with the blown save last night, I am really liking Sanchez in the closer's role.  He could end up changing our whole season around if the bats keep it up.

Smolder

Berkman does it again. 2nd in batting average and home runs, first in RBIs. I bet Houston is upset now. First we ruin their closer, then we take their high priced vetern who couldn't hit and turned him into a MVP candiate. Haha.

*knock on wood*

Smolder

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on May 05, 2011, 04:03:59 pm
Even with the blown save last night, I am really liking Sanchez in the closer's role.  He could end up changing our whole season around if the bats keep it up.

No kidding. A closer, with the way we are hitting, may very well set us up nicely for the playoffs.

dhornjr1

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on May 05, 2011, 04:03:59 pm

Quote from: Cutty on May 05, 2011, 04:05:43 pm
No kidding. A closer, with the way we are hitting, may very well set us up nicely for the playoffs.

I see it like this: We obviously are not gonna have a lights-out closer this year. So, if you're gonna have a guy blow some saves for you, let it be a young guy who is still learning (Sanchez) instead of a washed-up guy who has no hope of getting better (Franklin).

pigture perfect

Albert 3-3 today. Starting to look like his old self again. It could be fun.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Matt Holliday- .417
Lance Berkman- .392

And to think we were worried about the offense..
ched come back pls

Hogtropolis™

Anyone else watching right now?

Hogtropolis™

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

At least it wasn't on a questionable call. Just a seeing-eye single. I personally think he'll throw a no-no before the season ends. He just always makes hitters miss, it seems.
ched come back pls

pigture perfect

Garcia is definitely our Ace so far.

dhornjr1

Quote from: tallahasseehog on May 06, 2011, 11:11:08 pm
I am apparently the curse to a no-no.  A couple of weeks ago I happened to drive by Hank Aaron stadium and caught a game on my way to New Orleans.  We weren't even paying attention until the 5th and I noticed a no-no going.  1 batter later no-no over.

Tonight, I look for an online update and see a perfect game going.  Next batter....walk....next batter....hit. 

LOL

Damn you! ;D

dhornjr1

+1's to all for the outstanding win.

pigture perfect

May 07, 2011, 12:07:04 pm #276 Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 12:09:13 pm by pigture perfect
Quote from: dhornjr1 on May 07, 2011, 01:00:56 am
+1's to all for the outstanding win.
Thanks. Back at you. Me too.

pigture perfect

Garcia must have given Gallardo some tips on how to Pitch. He's Throwing smoke today unfortunately.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Yeah, Gallardo is dealing. Good for my fantasy team, picked him up off free agency. Bad for the Cards.
ched come back pls

pigture perfect

Descalso broke it up in the 8th.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: dhornjr1 on May 04, 2011, 08:35:16 pm
This game tonight reminds me of a Cardinals game from the 80's - except the Marlins are playing the role of the 80's Cardinals.

And Chris Carpenter is seriously pissing me off with his smart-ass mouth. Hanley Ramirez is not a dirty player and Carpenter is acting like a complete prick.
Carpenter is a jackass. I realize you love him if he is yours, but his schtick is embarassing. Ever since he gave up the chew, he has been "on edge"
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

FS Hog

Carp vs Zambrano. How many bean balls, brawls or just yelling at the opponent incidents will there be?

dhornjr1

Quote from: FS Hog on May 09, 2011, 10:57:01 am
Carp vs Zambrano. How many bean balls, brawls or just yelling at the opponent incidents will there be?

Can we bring Edmonds back one more time to get under Zambrano's skin?

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: dhornjr1 on May 09, 2011, 12:49:44 pm
Can we bring Edmonds back one more time to get under Zambrano's skin?
I think The Pope could get under Z's skin. He has some serious temper issues.
ched come back pls

dhornjr1

Quote from: HogsnCards on May 09, 2011, 01:24:55 pm
I think The Pope could get under Z's skin. He has some serious temper issues.

He's borderline psychotic.

dhornjr1

Quote from: tallahasseehog on May 09, 2011, 02:05:03 pm
That didn't really make much sense to put there, but I wanted to drop a Fernando Vina reference!

LOL

dhornjr1

Quote from: tallahasseehog on May 10, 2011, 09:25:26 pm
Boy these Cards have some late game shenanigans. Descalso coming through.

I am LOVING Descalso. Skip who?

pigture perfect

Cubs lose, Cubs Lose!!!!!

Smolder

It's always a good day when you beat the cubbies!

pigture perfect

Surely beating the cubbies (and Zambrano) deserves some love. So here goes +1's

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

How Carp managed the W after giving up 13 hits is beyond me. I'm not complaining though. Nice win!
ched come back pls

dhornjr1

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 10, 2011, 11:17:39 pm
Surely beating the cubbies (and Zambrano) deserves some love. So here goes +1's

I'll second that. I think I'll give another round later today, too.

Smolder

I wonder how many Cub fans are reading into the Hendry/Pujols hug yesterday?

The Hogfather

Nothing better than beating Zambrano.

pigture perfect

Soooo, How many wins is Carp good for this year? If he wins 10 we'll be lucky.

The Hogfather

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 11, 2011, 11:27:03 am
Soooo, How many wins is Carp good for this year? If he wins 10 we'll be lucky.

What the ? is wrong with him?  I basically haven't seen any of the Cards games this year.

dhornjr1

Quote from: The Hogfather on May 11, 2011, 12:12:57 pm
What the ? is wrong with him?  I basically haven't seen any of the Cards games this year.

I think the general consensus is that he is having command issues.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/article_8dfd639c-7bdf-11e0-baab-001a4bcf6878.html

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

I have a feeling Garza is going to toy with us tonight. Similar feeling before our game with Gallardo.
ched come back pls

Hogtropolis™

I'm just hoping Westbrook has a decent game tonight.  If everyone one else keeps pitching like they have (with a little improvement from Carp) then Westbrook could end up being the difference in good season and a really good season.

Hogtropolis™

So much for Westbrook pitching well.

And there's only a handful of things that I can think of right now that would make me happier than never having to see Franklin pitch in a Cards uni again.