Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas(11-2,1-0) vs Miss St(12-1,0-0)

Started by Porked Tongue, January 02, 2018, 06:19:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hannahboarnana on January 02, 2018, 08:51:37 pm
What is wrong with us? Can't rebound, missing easy shots, we look half-dead! There's no excuse for playing this poorly after how we fought against Tennessee. We should already have a 20 point lead. Ridiculous.
Also yes, these announcers suck.
Nice post, except for the fact we'd need to have shot 65-70% to be up by 20. Some of you people to understand the fact that we haven't made a run yet. It's a game of runs. Saturday our run came after the under 4 timeout. Maybe we'll make a run, maybe we won't, but being down 4 at the half, on the road, isn't a big deal. Watch a little more basketball.

rljjr

Gafford needs to play more minutes. He's been getting open. He just has that "it" factor.

Hawgphish

HogCard

Quote from: c-townfan on January 02, 2018, 08:55:50 pm
Thank you. Rebounding was not the problem. Drives me nuts to read this board sometimes.

Yes we may have outrebounded them but how many second chance points did they get?  It's those rebounds that kill us.

elksnort

Rebounding has never been the number one goal of a Nolan/Mike team. They get possessions other ways

3kgthog

I'll bitch about all the dribbling around and one on one ball. You can't say anything about the 12 FT disparity. It's typical SEC.

RaisinHog

I don't give a rats behind who wins the rebounding battle but I want too win the game ...

farfromgroovins

Pressure on the perimeter taking Macon and Barford out of it. Have to start posting up Gafford and work inside out.

From Tusk Till Dawn

A lot of airballs this game, neither team looks particularly energetic.  Curious what MA is sharing about now.

Willyboy

Quote from: LivingLegends on January 02, 2018, 08:56:27 pm
When people are bitching about rebounding it's almost always on offensive rebounds.

Yep, this thread is unbearable.  I think we'll win by double digits.

HogCard

Quote from: elksnort on January 02, 2018, 09:01:40 pm
Rebounding has never been the number one goal of a Nolan/Mike team. They get possessions other ways

Agree but not happening so far. And too many easy drives to basket.

rljjr

Quote from: elksnort on January 02, 2018, 09:01:40 pm

But in games like this it's critical. We've turned it over 7 times to their 3. That caught my attention. The rebounding has been ok. It's just been inopportune that their offensive boards turned into points. Ours haven't done that as much.

FineAsSwine

Beard ended the half on the bench. Wonder what's up with that?

Randohoggie

The real Hogules

Quote from: lookawayquick on January 02, 2018, 08:50:12 pm
Dustin Thomas?????

Yes, Thomas, if he had come to the goal would have had an easy layup. Dustin Thomas needs to either pull his head out, or buy a darn ticket!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

RaisinHog

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on January 02, 2018, 09:03:07 pm
A lot of airballs this game, neither team looks particularly energetic.  Curious what MA is sharing about now.
That gave them about 4 offensive rebounds. Airballs and bricks 20 feet from the basket. We can pin and stick all we want but with MSU missing that bad it basically becomes a loose ball.

VBMark

Quote from: TebowHater on January 02, 2018, 08:59:30 pm
I more hate this because it 1. makes our TN win look less good and 2. Makes me have zero confidence we will win Saturday..so we best figure out a way to pull this one out to avoid starting 1-2.

That was my fear as well. It is why I posted it.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

Letsroll1200

I just don't understand half effort. We will win..

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

razorbackchamps94

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

PonderinHog

hogsmash12

SECN just flashed miss state 9-0 points off turnovers

Dominicanhog

razorpimp

Something is wrong with Barford...just doesn't look right

pigbacon

farfromgroovins

Quote from: farfromgroovins on January 02, 2018, 09:02:57 pm
Pressure on the perimeter taking Macon and Barford out of it. Have to start posting up Gafford and work inside out.

Lucky bounce on the 3 but it went to Gafford on the post first....inside out

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

rljjr

Hulk HOGan

Did they just call the first foul of the half on State?

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

rljjr

N HOG

RaisinHog

hawgball40

beard with the clutch 3. proud of this guy, i dog on him the most but he hangs in there and has heart

PonderinHog

BannerMountainMan

I cannot stand all the "Arkansas just laid an egg and This is why we weren't ranked" it was only one half 😂😂 and now we already up by 4, I cannot stand fake fans
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

DoubleReedHawgCaller

This looks a little more like right! Let's go hogs!
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

elksnort

Quote from: rljjr on January 02, 2018, 09:03:57 pm
But in games like this it's critical. We've turned it over 7 times to their 3. That caught my attention. The rebounding has been ok. It's just been inopportune that their offensive boards turned into points. Ours haven't done that as much.
Oh I agree. Apparently our assist-turnover ratio is not good right now

Snout team

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

RaisinHog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 02, 2018, 09:10:22 pm
I cannot stand all the "Arkansas just laid an egg and This is why we weren't ranked" it was only one half 😂😂 and now we already up by 4, I cannot stand fake fans

No one said they laid an egg?

Cmheinley

PonderinHog

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

c-townfan

Quote from: HogCard on January 02, 2018, 09:01:01 pm

Yes we may have outrebounded them but how many second chance points did they get?  It's those rebounds that kill us.

Their points off our turnovers hurt us more than this.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

lookawayquick

Weatherspoon has walked at least 3 times tonight without it being called.