Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The curse of the ranking..

Started by HeyHogs, January 02, 2018, 10:12:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeyHogs

Just can't handle being ranked.  Auburn will be tough and will have the refs in their back pocket.

The players need to spend all free time practicing free throws because they will not get many Saturday.

RaisinHog

It pisses me off that barford and Macon talk darn about not being ranked and then choke I'm.sick of that crap

Cinco de Hogo

This is why voters don't take us seriously, we are either choking of getting shafted by the refs every game.  I'll bet the voters would have given and 80% chance we would lose one or both of our games this week and they know exactly why we will.  You know I can handle getting beat in football because I know teams are better but I hate The debacle that is SEC basketball.  If I wasn't a Hog fan I wouldn't watch basketball at all, it's irritating even if you don't have a favorite.

RockyMtnHog

We never really hit a run tonight.  The players want to be ranked but they play like crap when they are ranked.  MSU is really a bad loss just like Houston was.  Losing to Houston cost the Hogs a few weeks at being ranked.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

BannerMountainMan

Arkansas did not play bad, they got out played....by three guys in stripes
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

010HogFan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 02, 2018, 10:33:45 pm
Arkansas did not play bad, they got out played....by three guys in stripes

The refs were bad, but not the reason we lost.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 02, 2018, 10:34:45 pm
The refs were bad, but not the reason we lost.
we lost by 3 didn't we? You don't think 28 FTs would have overcome a 3 pt loss or is my math bad?
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

lookawayquick

Easy to blame the refs but don't forget the Hogs had an 8 point lead with about 4 minutes to play.  Had their chances tonight but lost because didn't stop MSU from getting offensive rebounds.....that's all about wanting it, seldom stopped dribble penetration, didn't make free throws and played too much one on one ball down the stretch.  MSU is not a good team.  Hogs should have won by double digits.  Toughness, desire and smart play were lacking tonight.

The_Bionic_Pig

Thompson, Thomas, CJ Jones & Cook have combined for less than 10 total points in (2) SEC games.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

010HogFan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 02, 2018, 10:39:49 pm
we lost by 3 didn't we? You don't think 28 FTs would have overcome a 3 pt loss or is my math bad?

no, it's just a narrow minded way to look at it when you look at the opportunities we had to close out the game late. we had a chance to step on them and we didn't do it. having no imagination on offense and the switch to the zone and not closing out on shooters late in the game is ultimately why we lost.