Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Trick Play in Arkansas Football History...

Started by moses_007, November 19, 2017, 12:07:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

Gus Malzahn called this trick play when he was OC at Arkansas in 2006 that led the Hogs to defeat Auburn that day.

Watch little Reggie Fish.

I wonder what trick plays Malzahn has up his sleeve for the Hogs in 2018?

moses_007

Nutt:  "I called that play, Brutha....."

Gus:  "No you didn't, I called it....."

MissippHog

That's the best in our history???

Without racking my brain, Tretola's TD pass comes to mind and was better than the Fish play.

moses_007

Quote from: MissippHog on November 19, 2017, 01:06:12 am

Without racking my brain, Tretola's TD pass comes to mind and was better than the Fish play.
That play's been around a long time...I've seen other teams use it... but you don't see it very often.

SmokinHog

Good times..... shoulda been our coach he moment Hutt got fired.

Wild Bill Hog

Bert pretending to be a football coach and getting paid about $20 million over five years.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: MissippHog on November 19, 2017, 01:06:12 am

I go with Reggie Fish and the Woody.

Tretola's pass was fun, but the game was in hand and it was against a rent-a-win opponent. it was a stunt, run not for its result on the field, but for publicity to showcase us as Lineman U. As such, it scored a TD, but actually failed.

In our "history" Steve Creekmore took a kickoff to one side of the field, then pulled up and heaved a pass across the field to Russell May who went all the way for a TD, beating Texas Southwestern. Too bad youtube doesn't have a video.

Pigasaurus

I'm surprised we don't see the across the field pass more often on ko return.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

DeltaBoy

Fake punt for a TD when we Had that Aussie Punter!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.