Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final from Oxford: A&M 31 Ole Miss 24

Started by jbcarol, November 18, 2017, 07:55:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

November 18, 2017, 07:55:24 am Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:44:09 am by jbcarol
 Brent Zwerneman‏ @BrentZwerneman

By the way he responded to his injury and supported his teammates,Texas A&M's Nick Starkel a good example to young athletes on how to handle your business: http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/aggies/article/Texas-A-M-s-Nick-Starkel-thrives-as-starting-QB-12357892.php ... via @HoustonChron

QuoteFreshman quarterback Nick Starkel, sidelined by a broken ankle in the season opener, helped make his case for earning back Texas A&M's starting job even when he wasn't taking game snaps as a backup.

In doing so, he provided young athletes a prime example of how to take care of your business even when business isn't good.

"You watched him when he was injured, he was always involved as soon as we let him back on the sideline," A&M coach Kevin Sumlin said. "He was always with Kellen Mond, always talking with our offense."

False start to his season

Starkel had earned the starting job in August camp, but he broke his ankle early in the third quarter of what became one of college football's all-time comebacks - and a massive collapse by the Aggies. UCLA overcame a 34-point deficit to prevail 45-44, and Mond moved forward as A&M's new starting quarterback...

Aggies (6-4, 3-3), who play at Mississippi (5-5, 2-4) on Saturday night, were last in the SEC in pass efficiency prior to Starkel earning back the starting job before A&M played host to New Mexico last weekend.

Starkel lit up the Lobos with 416 yards of passing and four touchdowns in the first half alone as A&M raced to a 48-7 lead. He's only the fifth Aggies quarterback to throw for at least 400 yards in a game, and his 416 rank No. 9 for a single game in school history - all in two quarters of action.

"I'm not surprised by that at all," said A&M senior safety Armani [Ronnie] Watts
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Pecos Hog

Should be an interesting game to watch.    So will the LSU-Tenner game.    I guess I need to figure this picture-in-picture thing out on my teevee. 

jbcarol

A&M 0  Ole Miss 7  12:00 1st

A&M is driving

Pecos Hog

I have a feelling that the Aggies will be looking for a new coach soon.   

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman‏ @BrentZwerneman
30m30 minutes ago

A&M 31, Ole Miss 24 final.