Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wow this Auburn headline

Started by checkraiser88, November 16, 2017, 08:24:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 16, 2017, 08:54:56 pm
Sir, name one coach who left Arkansas and couldn't find a job. Just one will do. If you are going to spout this kok and bull, back it up. I'm not talking interim coaches either. Come on, man, I want to know who's career ended after being the head football coach at Arkansas. I don't think you can.

How about Danny Ford?

texas tush hog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 16, 2017, 09:16:21 pm
If he did come here he would have the type of qb that he likes!!!

Gerry Bohannon might sign during the early signing period.

Ā 

sickboy

Quote from: IronHog on November 16, 2017, 09:36:45 pm
Have you seen Auburn's quarterbacks?

Outside of Cam Newton they are BAD.

Good coach can recruit more playmakers on offense to UA

Jarrett Stidham isn't bad.

HiggiePiggy

Nick Marshall did well under him also. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: East TN HAWG on November 16, 2017, 09:41:37 pm
How about Danny Ford?

Meh, He retired. Hell, didn't we dig him out of retirement at the time..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on November 16, 2017, 09:46:50 pm

Yeah, maybe.  An argument could be made either way.  The guy was kind of smart, so I took a shot.

rtr

Quote from: IronHog on November 16, 2017, 09:34:33 pm

Auburn is a step down from  Bama and LSU....mid tier SEC west program just like Arkansas
Ironhog is right and sometime LSU is very mid tier.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

dpetty121263

Well whatever happens will take some time and there will be people happy and others not so happy...just have to sit back and watch it all unfold...

Pork Twain

Well, the article is pretty accurate so...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

rtr

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 16, 2017, 09:19:22 pm

The current one will very likely be the first.
Oh, he'll get a job. If you want to count guys who get their walking papers and can't find a job, seems to me that the LSU TIGERS almighty program is the poster boy for a coach leaving or getting fired and can't find a job. Leslie Miles absolutely is lifting his skirt up for every program worth a damn and he's getting no response. ALMIGHTY LSU, their former head coach can't get a job.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

sowmonella

Ever been down to Auburn, Alabama? It's an hemorrhoid on the a-hole state that is Alabama.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

hydro_dynamic_spatula

Quote from: IronHog on November 16, 2017, 09:34:33 pm

Auburn is a step down from  Bama and LSU....mid tier SEC west program just like Arkansas

LOL everyone is a step down from Bama right now. LSU?

Since Arkansas joined the SEC in 1992......

SEC titles:
LSU: 4
Auburn: 3
Arkansas: 0

National Titles:
LSU: 2
Auburn: 1 (could also claim 1993, 2004, and had a last second loss in 2013)
Arkansas: 0 (has not sniffed anywhere close to a national title)

Top-10 recruiting classes:
Auburn and LSU: pretty much every year
Arkansas: pretty much never

I guess it's good Arkansas isn't going to a bowl this year though, since Arkansas also has a losing record all-time in bowl games.

To say Arkansas is on the same tier as Auburn is laughable. 

Ā 

Hogindasticks

Quote from: MartinGit on November 16, 2017, 08:37:03 pm
"Accepting the Arkansas job would be a big step down for Malzahn. While the Razorbacks do have some historical success, they lag behind in almost every aspect compared to the Tigers, especially in recruiting and facilities. In the hierarchy of the SEC, Arkansas is in the lower half and competing for a national title seems like a pipe dream."

But having him will at least get us back in the top 20...lol

rtr

Quote from: hydro_dynamic_spatula on November 16, 2017, 10:17:03 pm

SEC titles:

National Titles:

I guess it's good Arkansas isn't going to a bowl this year though, since Arkansas also has a losing record all-time in bowl games.

Gus will beat you like a drum if he comes here.

DeltaBoy

The Gus Bus will get us there!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rtr

Iwastherein1969

SEC titles:

National Titles:

All of that and your Cow College is about to lose Gus Malzahn to the University of Arkansas. All I can say is good luck beating Alabama and then winning the SEC Championship game because that's the only way you can keep Malzahn. Not that a lot of us really want Gus, but it might be worth it just to chill your butts down there amongst the cow turds.

redeye

It sounds like the author is worried Gus will leave.  That's all I got out of it.

Ugly Uncle

SEC titles:

National Titles:

LOL.  Also you guys are top 2 dirtiest (see cheaters...and you aren't even as good at THAT as Bama is) programs in history.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/10-dirtiest-college-football-programs-of-all-time---/16015739/
Retired Radio Host

hydro_dynamic_spatula

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 16, 2017, 10:22:45 pm
All of that and your Cow College is about to lose Gus Malzahn to the University of Arkansas. All I can say is good luck beating Alabama and then winning the SEC Championship game because that's the only way you can keep Malzahn. Not that a lot of us really want Gus, but it might be worth it just to chill your butts down there amongst the cow turds.

You can have him.  The guy you are all creaming your panties about is the guy Auburn is meh if he stays or leaves. 

hydro_dynamic_spatula

rtr

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

Ā 

IronHog

SEC titles:

National Titles:

BP was 3/4 vs Auburn and they had to cheat to win the 4th

Good coach at UA can beat Auburn at the top of their game if the refs call it straight
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Sundog

Long screwed up by hiring Bert and not hiring Gus.  The Nutt loving sheep scoffed at Gus, while Auburn scooped him up.  5 years later, Long and Bert have made a laughingstock out of the Razorback brand.  I don't see Gus taking a step down to come to the post Bert/Long Razorback program.  We will get an up and comer...and hope for the best.

Razor_Hawgs88

My main hope is that if Gus does come here that he leaves the sweater vests in Auburn.

Down side to him coming here is if he wears a pullover with his initials on it that it will be a lot harder to make fun of than Bakin Biscuits, Big Belly, or Big Baby.

hawginbigd1

Not sure you are serious, easier to recruit playmaking QBs to Fayetteville than to Auburn? I'll have some of what you are drinking

Batesville Hogfan

If you could buy Auburn for how good they are and sell them for how good they think they are.....you would make a hell of a lot of money!!!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢ on November 16, 2017, 09:46:50 pm
Yep, I would go with Kines who he replaced. Crowe took a while to resurface also.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 16, 2017, 08:32:37 pm
AU is a cult like A&M without the weird rotc. 

It was so dumb for Arkansas people to leak this.

Auburn fans come up to you before a game and say "Welcome to Auburn, we're glad you're here."  Like they live in the Capitol in "Hunger Games" and you're from District 12.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

rtr

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 16, 2017, 10:55:28 pm
Not sure you are serious, easier to recruit playmaking QBs to Fayetteville than to Auburn? I'll have some of what you are drinking
Arkansas has had better qb's over the last decade.  Other than Cam Newton and Nick Marshall, I will take our qb's over the last decade.

3kgthog

You can always tell which folks have never been to Fayetteville. Part of the UA perception is the fault of the UA, though.

hobhog

Win out and flip them the bird, Gus

rtr

I will give Auburn fans credit though, they think they are the best and expect the best.  We have many on this board who continue to disparage Arkansas, even saying things that aren't true to reinforce that.

hobhog

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 16, 2017, 11:17:32 pm
You can always tell which folks have never been been to Fayetteville. Part of the UA perception is the fault of the UA, though.

Wth?

Sivad

Quote from: redeye on November 16, 2017, 10:23:41 pm
It sounds like the author is worried Gus will leave.  That's all I got out of it.
Exactly. They can't come to terms with the thought of it.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

GoldCoastHog

Quote from: rtr on November 16, 2017, 11:19:49 pm
I will give Auburn fans credit though, they think they are the best and expect the best.  We have many on this board who continue to disparage Arkansas, even saying things that aren't true to reinforce that.

Very well put.

Murr

Quote from: MartinGit on November 16, 2017, 08:37:03 pm
"Accepting the Arkansas job would be a big step down for Malzahn. While the Razorbacks do have some historical success, they lag behind in almost every aspect compared to the Tigers, especially in recruiting and facilities. In the hierarchy of the SEC, Arkansas is in the lower half and competing for a national title seems like a pipe dream."

Lag behind crazy fans and Alabama 's little man syndrome

FaytownHog

Quote from: lumphog on November 16, 2017, 09:19:30 pm
I hope he beats the snot outa Bama and comes home.... THAT will speak volumes
This! It's only fun if he BEATS Bama and THEN comes home. lol

ipigsooie

Quote from: FaytownHog on November 17, 2017, 08:23:10 am
This! It's only fun if he BEATS Bama and THEN comes home. lol

Yeah, and then the fun part is waiting another week on the sec championship.  And then if they win that..... i just hope we move on if he doesnt make a decision after the iron bowl.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Razor_Hawgs88 on November 16, 2017, 10:54:31 pm
My main hope is that if Gus does come here that he leaves the sweater vests in Auburn.

Down side to him coming here is if he wears a pullover with his initials on it that it will be a lot harder to make fun of than Bakin Biscuits, Big Belly, or Big Baby.
maybe Bielema can leave him one of those 6X things he wears. Can you see Malzahn running through the "A" tripping and falling all over the tent of a pull-over that Bielema wears ? It would be more hilarious (well almost) than the Sooner Schooner cutting too sharp and flipping that stupid looking Conestoga Wagon OU runs out there when the Sooners take the field. If I were young and a top notch football player I wouldn't go to OU simply because of that goofy looking entrance.

SemperHawg

Gus comes to Arkansas and Aubbie hires Bobby P.... think about how bonkers things would get between the fan bases over the next couple of years.

Disclaimer, I am not saying that is what is going to happen, just sayin imagine if it did. 

Bigfoot

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 16, 2017, 08:30:36 pm
Hate to break it to y'all but Arkansas football is a step down from Auburn football.

If it's a step down, I don't think it's much of one.

cityhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 16, 2017, 08:32:37 pm
AU is a cult like A&M without the weird rotc. 

It was so dumb for Arkansas people to leak this.

perhaps they did it to prevent it from actually coming to fruition.

nesjunk

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 16, 2017, 08:45:43 pm
Coaching at Arkansas is a career ender ?  Jack Crow, is that you ?

The year Jack Crowe was fired was the year we tied Auburn (I believe) with Joe Kines at the helm.  I also believe that was our last tie before the overtime rule took effect.

joeyself

Quote from: sickboy on November 16, 2017, 08:44:45 pm
If I was Malzhan, I'd jump at an Arkansas offer. Not that I think Malzhan will turn Arkansas into a championship contender, but even if Malzhan wins a championship at Auburn this year, the second he doesn't win 10-11 games, they'll want to fire him. How long can that be tenable? One or two more years? If he stays, there's a chance he'll be jobless in two or three years with worse options after Auburn.

Now, if he comes to Arkansas now. He's guaranteed to be an SEC coach for, I'd guess, at least five years. Assuming nothing funky happens.

What would you want? 2-3 years of people wanting to fire you when you're producing pretty good SEC West seasons. Or 5 years where they'll let you do your thing even if you win 5-6 games for a few years until you produce 8-9 win season.

You raise some good points.  I wonder if Bielema would be in so much hot water if the losses to the SEC schools no named Ole Miss were closer.  Same record, but getting beat in close games.  And of course, if the Hogs looked better against Coastal Carolina...   It's the lack of competitive games that I think is the biggest problem; yes, the fans would want to win SOME of the close ones (the second half collapses just can't happen that often), but would at least feel like the team was on the right track if it was in the game late into the 4th quarter.

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

ChicoHog

Nick Marshall says hello.  Maybe the best zone read QB ever.   Horrible passer but a heck of a zone read guy. 

Piggie

Wow, Joeyself, you are a prophet. I basically thought the same thing as well. I wanted Gus from the beginning.
It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!