Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's time to get behind CBB

Started by CWillis, September 24, 2017, 11:51:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CWillis

Everyone wants us to be a Alabama and Clemson but guys it's time to get behind this coach and the team.. We all love the hogs but this coach and staff do as well this negative pressure we as fans are putting on this Team is starting to show... Time to be true hogs fans and rally around this coach and team...

jst01

Tony Perkis

LZH

I'm sure your husband loves you dearly.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: CWillis on September 24, 2017, 11:51:38 am
Everyone wants us to be a Alabama and Clemson but guys it's time to get behind this coach and the team.. We all love the hogs but this coach and staff do as well this negative pressure we as fans are putting on this Team is starting to show... Time to be true hogs fans and rally around this coach and team...

It was starting to show before pressure was applied.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawgmasta

I think you came to the wrong place for that.

longpig

bless your heart
Don't be scared, be smart.

Inhogswetrust

September 24, 2017, 12:05:18 pm #8 Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 09:01:10 pm by Inhogswetrust
It might be time to change coaches at the end of the season but the financial aspects might not let it happen. It is accurate when some say that is Long's fault. He has somewhat backed himself into a corner with the buyout. Yes it had to be approved by others. Nobody though it would be needed to be considered to be paid or they wouldn't have approved it. In other words they are probably shocked at the prospect of possibly having to keep coach with a losing record after five years. Then again they might bite their lip and chalk it up to experience, not make that mistake again and say Bye Coach.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Redhogs

Good grief..now go back to your safe space.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

wachhog

Jeffie's got his interns at work. Two threads created in past few minutes.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Hog fan base has definitely positioned itself "behind" him....
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Dirty

Letsroll1200

We support the players but there are questions about the direction of this coaching staff.

hogcard1964

It's been an interesting 5 years, that's fir sure, but goodbye.

chiefhawg

Get behind like pushing him out the door? Just asking.

98hogs

Oh Good grief!  Year 5 and the record speaks for itself.  :puke:

Hoggie17

1 post.

We have been behind CBB for 4 yrs plus, why will work now?  It never worked before.

1highhog

Quote from: HenduHog on September 24, 2017, 12:07:35 pm
See, I think schist like this is uncalled for.

I think this is the word you are looking for: Schlitz.  Now go drink you a few and calm down.

NorthDallas40

Jen, this is your second post like this under a different handle this morning. You'd get more support if you just came out under your real name. Just an FYI.

MuskogeeHogFan

The team (the players) are supported and it is the policy of this board that they will not by name, be openly criticized. Doing so will get a poster a time out. I think everyone is behind the team and certainly wants them to win. I doubt that you could find a single poster on this board that doesn't want them to win (except for the Trolls). The coaching staff however, is another matter and they can be criticized by name. They are fair game though I have to admit that there are times that it becomes a bit too much. This criticism needs to stick to their work performance and should not be personal in nature.

Bottom line, I think that we are all behind the team and wish them the very best every season.
Go Hogs Go!

Mr. Porkleone

Send your worries to the Ann Landers in the newspaper.

EastexHawg

Go right ahead and get behind him if that's what you want to do.  Shouldn't be hard to get a great spot...the line will be short, if not non-existent.

Hoggie17

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 24, 2017, 12:26:19 pm
The team (the players) are supported and it is the policy of this board that they will not by name, be openly criticized. Doing so will get a poster a time out. I think everyone is behind the team and certainly wants them to win. I doubt that you could find a single poster on this board that doesn't want them to win (except for the Trolls). The coaching staff however, is another matter and they can be criticized by name. They are fair game though I have to admit that there are times that it becomes a bit too much. This criticism needs to stick to their work performance and should not be personal in nature.

Bottom line, I think that we are all behind the team and wish them the very best every season.
Good post. Of course we are behind the team, it's the coaches.  I hate to see this fine group of men lose just because they have losers coaching them.

Hawgphish

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 24, 2017, 12:31:19 pm
Good post. Of course we are behind the team, it's the coaches.  I hate to see this fine group of men lose just because they have losers coaching them.

Come on now, none of the coaches are losers and you know that. That is just taking an unnecessary shot at them. BUT, they have certainly continued to repeat many mistakes that should not be made by a group of experienced and professional coaches.
Go Hogs Go!

lechon

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

Gonzo

Time to be true hogs fans and rally around this coach and team...

Coaches come and go, always have, always will.  Not going to happen anytime soon (this season), but I think we've seen enough to expect this one will go sooner rather than later. Team is ALWAYS more important than the coach, and because of that I'd like to be wrong about him.

Go Hogs!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: chiefhawg on September 24, 2017, 12:15:01 pm
Get behind like pushing him out the door? Just asking.

That will take a group effort.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Ragnar Hogbrok

I was behind CBB every year until this year.  This year, he had to earn support.  So far, he has not.  I'm still hoping for a miraculous turnaround.  But, that's what it would be:  miraculous.  Why?  Because, unfortunately and for whatever reason, he doesn't have what it takes.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

WilsonHog

(1) Forgive those posters who refer to you as being Coach Bielema's wife, who urge you to find a safe space, etc. Basically, those posters who felt the need to criticize you directly in response to your post. Every family has those members who the rest aren't especially proud of. So do we.

(2) I AM still supporting the program. I'll be in my seat at RRS next Saturday for the 11:00 a.m. kickoff against New Mexico State. Should we lose that one, I'll be back for Auburn. I'm supporting with my time, my energy, and my money. That does not mean, however, that I am happy with the product on the field or that I have confidence in our coaches. I am not and do not.

GTOWNHOG

I would argue that it's time for Bret Bielema to start winning some games.  HIS record is 5-7 over the last 12 games and 3-6 against SEC opponents.  .333 might be a great batting average in BASEBALL but it is a dismal winning percentage for the Head Football Coach at a major university.  FIFTH season.......
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

Jimbob111

Are you insane? It's time to get Beliema gone. The team has done nothing but get worse as Beliema has gotten his players in place. They have poor discipline, poor fundamentals, and keep getting saddled with a poor game plan. It's time to get behind these players and jettison the coach. Getting behind Beliema is not helping the players.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Hoggie17

Quote from: The Chief on September 24, 2017, 01:03:21 pm
I was behind CBB every year until this year.  This year, he had to earn support.  So far, he has not.  I'm still hoping for a miraculous turnaround.  But, that's what it would be:  miraculous.  Why?  Because, unfortunately and for whatever reason, he doesn't have what it takes.
Looking at the October schedule, we could go 0-4,  we should win 2 games in November.

Boardon Hamsay

This thread will go down as a classic. Book it!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

ricepig

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 24, 2017, 12:09:41 pm
We support the players but there are questions about the direction of this coaching staff.

So you'll be at the game Saturday morning?

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 24, 2017, 01:13:33 pm
Looking at the October schedule, we could go 0-4,  we should win 2 games in November.

"0" for October would destroy our already fragile program.  However, it might force intensive effort in the next coach's hiring process.  In other words, winning games might be a top priority moving forward, which would be nice.  I do appreciate the integrity and the focus on academic achievement.  That, after all, is more important in these young men's lives.  However, there is no reason for us to be this bad at football.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

theFlyingHog

Behind him? Yes. I'm sure not going to get in front of him and possibly be between him and his next meal.

Boardon Hamsay

Wait. For clarity in the thread, what are we expected to get behind CBB with? Support? Some sort of vehicle? A U-Haul? Indonesian blow dart weapon?  Just was to make sure we level set for the intrepid spirit of the thread.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Dark Helmet Hog

I will support the players every game. The coaching staff and administration are another story.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: 1highhog on September 24, 2017, 12:22:14 pm
I think this is the word you are looking for: Schlitz.  Now go drink you a few and calm down.

Actually I meant "Scheisse", German for ka-ka, poo-poo and any other word for defecation.

Unless you're over the age of 50 I was drinking Schlitz before you were born.  I AM calm. I just think bringing Jen into the discussion is a dick move.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Porkette

In a way, I am always "behind" the Razorback coach, because 1) I root for the Razorbacks to win every game, and we're all on the same team for as long as he's here, and 2) I don't wish personal ill will toward anyone.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to defend his job performance when it isn't good. A majority on here have lost faith in Bielema as coach, but everyone who is reasonable will still want them to win every game.
GO HOGS GO!

elksnort

The OP must be a plant to drive up posting

theFlyingHog

Quote from: elksnort on September 24, 2017, 01:34:23 pm
The OP must be a plant to drive up posting
I see you have put that tinfoil hat on like me.

elksnort

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 24, 2017, 01:40:50 pm
I see you have put that tinfoil hat on like me.
my father raised me to be suspicious at an early age

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

porkrindjimmy

I would suggest 10 SEC wins in 4 years and 3 games is the pressure that is beginning to show.

Rally round the family with a pocket full of shells is no longer a valid excuse for Bret. Just isn't.

PRJ

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

HoggyCat

I'm behind him. 

With three U-hauls.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.