Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cole Kelley

Started by RedRazorHog, September 23, 2017, 11:51:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRazorHog

I like seeing Cole Kelley out there.  He has a swagger about him and does not show any fear.  I think that is felt by his teammates.  Also, he does not show any happy feet, which I have been seeing from Austin.   The Goal Line set they just ran there, shows a confidence in his decision making as well.  This could be the kind of change that we have been looking for.
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

Cmheinley

He is the solution to our goal line woes too. I'm with ya brother

jcbville

I like Cole. But this was all planned. Easy there. They set it up brilliantly. They get him to run couple then let him pass. Set up very well.

GunnerHawg70

I agree...Arkansas has officially went full Tebow...Nobody goes full Tebow!!! ;)

RedRazorHog

Quote from: Cmheinley on September 23, 2017, 11:53:02 am
He is the solution to our goal line woes too. I'm with ya brother

I'd like to see him in a non-goal line situation.  I think he sees over the line well and also can get rid of the ball quicker than Austin.  I think we may be seeing a change that WILL or SHOULD happen here.

--Knute Rockne

RedRazorHog

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 23, 2017, 11:54:02 am
I agree...Arkansas has officially went full Tebow...Nobody goes full Tebow!!! ;)

Tropic Thunder!  Love it:  Everyone knows you don't go full Tebow!

--Knute Rockne

dhizzle

I love it but why wasn't this used in off season to help you during the season.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: RedRazorHog on September 23, 2017, 11:51:42 am
I like seeing Cole Kelley out there.  He has a swagger about him and does not show any fear.  I think that is felt by his teammates.  Also, he does not show any happy feet, which I have been seeing from Austin.   The Goal Line set they just ran there, shows a confidence in his decision making as well.  This could be the kind of change that we have been looking for.
Happy feet?!?! When the right side of your OL is getting you pummeled YOU would have happy feet or be a little skiddish too!!!

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: RedRazorHog on September 23, 2017, 11:51:42 am
He doesn't play scared like Allen does and I like it.

The_Iceman

Gonna be a star next year for us at QB. He is 6'7" with a big arm, power running ability, and a great attitude.

3kgthog

It's much easier to not play scared when you're 6'7" and 260 lbs. What's Allen's real size, 6' and 200?

AirWarren

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 23, 2017, 11:57:49 am
Gonna be a star next year for us at QB. He is 6'7" with a big arm, power running ability, and a great attitude.

I enjoy seeing a non whoa as me attitude out there.

RedRazorHog

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 23, 2017, 11:56:01 am
Happy feet?!?! When the right side of your OL is getting you pummeled YOU would have happy feet or be a little skiddish too!!!
No I wouldn't and didn't - I would slide left or step forward.  He panics and throws it away.

--Knute Rockne

Oklahawg

The future may be closer than we think.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HogHomer

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on September 23, 2017, 11:56:13 am
He has been in there 4 plays and 3 of them were runs and one was a 2 yard pass. He will be a good one but he hasn't even taken a shot to the mouth like Austin has multiple times.

jcbville

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on September 23, 2017, 11:56:13 am

You mean the guy that just made plays with a bloodied nose? That guy? If this thread is going to be turned into a bash AA thread then please trash it. Cole Kelley is awesome and I look forward to him getting his shot but don't use that as an excuse to trash AA.

RedRazorHog

Let's see how Kelly progresses throughout the game.  Think he has some moxy, he has vision, a rocket arm and he is not afraid of anything.  Austin is tough - no doubt.

--Knute Rockne

Jonbo

They've mixed Kelly in perfectly, so far.

Quote from: RedRazorHog on September 23, 2017, 11:58:56 am
No I wouldn't and didn't - I would slide left or step forward.  He panics and throws it away.
I'm sure you're a better QB than Austin

Smokehouse

He's a larger Ryan Mallett running Tebow packages out there. I love it.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

RedRazorHog

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 23, 2017, 11:56:01 am
how about that two play series...maybe he could have run.  Whaddyathink, if everyone is covered and they are down field - why not run.

--Knute Rockne

Granny fan

So tired of Allen holding the ball too long and being sacked!!

RedRazorHog

Quote from: Granny fan on September 23, 2017, 12:30:09 pm
Amen Brother! 

--Knute Rockne

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Granny fan on September 23, 2017, 12:30:09 pm
I would like to see him get on his horse if the pocket collapsed

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 23, 2017, 11:59:12 am
The future may be closer than we think.

Lol, I don't think so!!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

RedRazorHog

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 23, 2017, 12:39:47 pm
I would like to see him get on his horse if the pocket collapsed

I think Cole Kelley would lower the boom on someone in that case!

--Knute Rockne

razorsharptusk

Cole equal difference maker.  If Coach doesn't play him, Mark this game as a loss. The team plays completely different when he is in. Allen ain't got it.
GO HOGS!!

Randy Cavender

Team seems to be a bit different with Kelley in. Allen isn't getting it done!

RedRazorHog

Quote from: razorsharptusk on September 23, 2017, 12:42:50 pm
Cole equal difference maker.  If Coach doesn't play him, Mark this game as a loss. The team plays completely different when he is in. Allen ain't got it.
Completely agree.  I think the whole team has gotten tired of Austin and his body language, happy feet and yelling at people after he doesn't see the open guy.  With Cole in there, they know they have a dude that is gonna bust someone up, or make a play.  Even though he only has about 8 total plays from scrimmage - look at everyone of them and you see they are all positive plays.

--Knute Rockne

synthartist69

Kelly is the bomb.... love that kid!! No fear

WilsonHog

I expect that they have a package of plays for Cole. That doesn't necessarily translate into him being able to run the whole offense.

Kevin

this offensive line would get him killed
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RedRazorHog

Didn't someone post something this week about Dan Enos alluding to the notion that he liked Cole Kelley in there?  I seem to recall reading something about Enos saying something in his presser that the poster interpretted as Cole being the better player.

--Knute Rockne

TheEnemy

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 23, 2017, 12:53:11 pm
I expect that they have a package of plays for Cole. That doesn't necessarily translate into him being able to run the whole offense.

He is in his 2nd year and is the backup.....and can't run the offense.....that isn't a great excuse.

hogsmash12

Yep +1

tee1up2par

Quote from: RedRazorHog on September 23, 2017, 11:58:56 am

Then why didn't u play college football?
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

NuttinItUp

CK is a beast. 6'7" & 268 lbs.

JackTNHogfan

I like how they are using him too but just feel like it should have been used more against TCU.  Day late and a dollar short...

The_Iceman

Quote from: TheEnemy on September 23, 2017, 01:09:49 pm
He is in his 2nd year and is the backup.....and can't run the offense.....that isn't a great excuse.

If they are going to bring him in, it is going to be for a limited package.

If Austin got hurt, Cole could run the whole offense.

aloha_kid

Now if can start to see the entire field.  He would have had his first TD had he noticed Williams all alone on the right side of the field.

hawgrunner

chanhog1996

Cole Kelley just missed a wide open David Williams for a touchdown. That is why you go with the redshirt sr who completed almost the same pass the play right after.  However I do think Kelley should always be in during goaline and 3rd and short plays.

Rocket23

Missing wide open Williams for TD.  He still is a redshirt freshman and a target 🎯 n the pocket.  He is going to good though.  I like his moxie.

Bubba's Bruisers

Just have to find a way to give him some protection.  He's great and all, but he's not been given anything difficult to do yet.  It's all been scripted against opponents who likely didn't prepare for him.  He's not even been in a situation yet to get "happy feet".
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ThisTeetsTaken

I want to see him take over Skipper's field goal block role.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

The_Iceman

Quote from: aloha_kid on September 23, 2017, 01:46:25 pm
Now if can start to see the entire field.  He would have had his first TD had he noticed Williams all alone on the right side of the field.

He will with experience. But his ceiling and potential is waaaay higher than Allen's.

hehawg

He moves like ice cold tar in the pocket
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hehawg on September 23, 2017, 01:53:28 pm
He moves like ice cold tar in the pocket

I haven't seen enough to tell, yes, that's the main concern with him.  Can a Ragnow-less OL next season protect him?  Unlikely.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hehawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 23, 2017, 01:55:26 pm
I haven't seen enough to tell, yes, that's the main concern with him.  Can a Ragnow-less OL next season protect him?  Unlikely.

At this rate highly doubtful
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

NorCalRazorback

Seems confident, and the players seem to respond to him.  He's obviously huge and strong, so he has a chance.  We will never know if he could be a better player for our team this year.
"...and Decori Birmingham has caught it in the back of the end zone to tie it at 20 all with 9 seconds left..." 

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20