Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking about getting into bow hunting

Started by Wildhog, November 03, 2015, 12:11:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PharmacistHog

Quote from: str8volfan on November 23, 2015, 09:55:46 pm
first, why are there pictures of a deer killed with a rifle in a bowhunting discussion.

Second, i read through this and all I came up with is that people on message boards can start an argument about anything.

To irritate the obsessive compulsives.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

woodrow hog call

first, why are there pictures of a deer killed with a rifle in a bowhunting discussion.

Second, i read through this and all I came up with is that people on message boards can start an argument about anything.

If you have read this whole thread and that's your only questions you missed the most intriguing one.

How much does it cost to hire Delta to take out a dog? I mean is there a chart
That he goes by where you have the breed of the dog, then it coresponds to certain price? There is so much more to be learned here.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

str8volfan

the argument about compound bows against recurve bows is ridiculous. Can you imagine what would have happened if the Indians would have had a truck load of Hoyts?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: str8volfan on November 24, 2015, 09:22:26 pm
the argument about compound bows against recurve bows is ridiculous. Can you imagine what would have happened if the Indians would have had a truck load of Hoyts?

What's ridiculous about it? I've killed deer with both. I prefer traditional archery. I kill 'em just as dead with my recurve and 160 grain, 2 blade heads on cedar shafts. You can't get more dead than dead.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

woodrow hog call

I have great respect for anyone that hunts with traditional archery equipment, I started out that way but, never killed a deer until I switched to a compound. I have always wanted to go back to a long bow or re-curve and kill one that way, just because I know how much more difficult it is and how much more satisfying would be.

It takes a different skill level to use traditional stuff, and anyone who doesn't think that probably never tried it.

4Lions04

4Lions04

4Lions04

IronHog

Quote from: 4Lions04 on November 25, 2015, 08:01:53 pm
This guy went way traditional to take this deer with an Atlatl.

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/15-point-missouri-buck-killed-primitive-atlatl/

All that proves is that Midwest deer are pretty easy to kill.....
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

PorkRinds

Third, why is there a vol fan claiming to be straight?

root_hawg

You will love it, been doing it 15 years now and would rather hunt with a string and stick than anything else.  You can also check at Gander after the season and they will have good used deals.  There is also a place in Searcy that is a good bow shop.

theFlyingHog

I just solved a problem with my bow shooting. It culminated with a nasty miss that got lucky and throated a deer and dropped him 40yds away. Anyway, was shooting way right. Just figured out I was pulling my head off the sights as soon as I was shooting instead of watching the shot through the sights. I can go deer hunting again

woodrow hog call

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 01, 2015, 03:17:40 pm
I just solved a problem with my bow shooting. It culminated with a nasty miss that got lucky and throated a deer and dropped him 40yds away. Anyway, was shooting way right. Just figured out I was pulling my head off the sights as soon as I was shooting instead of watching the shot through the sights. I can go deer hunting again

Yeah that follow thru, or hold for a second to see it through the sight, is extremly important.
I have had that problem when I made adjustments or changed anything about my set up. Thinking I need to hurry and see my arrow flight or something. Glad you figured it out, and it didn't even cost you a deer that's an added bonus.

str8volfan

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 28, 2015, 04:15:06 pm
Third, why is there a vol fan claiming to be straight?
seriously, is that the best you've got? You must be a real hoot.