Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Playoff Thread

Started by Dr. Starcs, January 02, 2017, 09:38:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

January 02, 2017, 09:38:41 pm Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 10:03:44 pm by Dr. Starcs
Afc
1. New England
2. Kansas City
3. Pittsburgh
4. Houston
5. Oakland
6. Miami

NFC
1. Dallas
2. Atlanta
3. Seattle
4. Green Bay
5. New York
6. Detroit.

Who's everybody got?

I've got Patriots over Packers in the Super Bowl.

I feel like 5 different teams could come out of the NFC, but only 2 in the afc.

HiggiePiggy

I want to see Aaron Rodgers win again. If Atlanta can't do it this year then Matt Ryan will pretty much be Dan Marino minus the super bowl appearance. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Dr. Starcs

Why do you want to see Rodgers win another, Higgie?

holeinthewall

Giants have the NFC right where they want them.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: holeinthewall on January 04, 2017, 06:22:06 am
Giants have the NFC right where they want them.

Bwahahaha!  Eli is playing on borrowed time and they won't make it past the first round.

A Patriots v. Cowboys Super Bowl would break ratings records.  A Patriots v. Packers Super Bowl might also. 

Unfortunately, I think it'll end up being New England v. Atlanta and we'll all be thinking what might have been..
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 03, 2017, 09:10:35 pm
Why do you want to see Rodgers win another, Higgie?

Because I like him. I don't really care for teams in the NFL. Just players. I like him more than everyone else. Lol.  Not sure who will be next for me. Overall I really don't care who wins it all.  Brady breaking the record would be cool.

holeinthewall

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 04, 2017, 04:57:37 pm
Bwahahaha!  Eli is playing on borrowed time and they won't make it past the first round.

A Patriots v. Cowboys Super Bowl would break ratings records.  A Patriots v. Packers Super Bowl might also. 

Unfortunately, I think it'll end up being New England v. Atlanta and we'll all be thinking what might have been..

I think NE is a lock and honestly any of the NFC teams could be there. Very little separation in the teams.

GB is hurting in the secondary to the point they called up Herb Waters at CB yesterday. Keep in mind Waters never played CB at Miami he was a WR that was undrafted.

http://blog.packers.com/2017/01/04/mccarthy-packers-will-promote-cb-herb-waters-from-practice-squad/

Richard_white

New England vs Dallas

New England wins a great Super Bowl game.

HiggiePiggy

If giants make it to the Super Bowl vs Patriots I will take the giants. 

EastexHawg

The first three games feature teams with QBs who are either unavailable or injured.  Boring.

I'm rooting for Pittsburgh just because they have a better chance of knocking out the Patriots.  Miami and Houston have zero chance, and you can carry that zero out to seven decimal places.  With Carr out the Raiders were even more hopeless.

Dr. Starcs

Yep. Wake me up when the real games start. Hopefully around 3:30 this afternoon.

cosmodrum

I love the Chiefs, but NE will go to, and win, yet another fricking SB. Not sure who they play from the NFC, but it's not gonna matter.
Go away, batin'

majestic

If the Dolphins could hang on to the darned ball they might have a chance. 
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 08, 2017, 01:42:56 pm
I love the Chiefs, but NE will go to, and win, yet another fricking SB. Not sure who they play from the NFC, but it's not gonna matter.

Not sure. Lots said the same thing when they won 18 in row and sat at 18-0 going into the final game of the year and walking out with a loss to a wildcard team named the Giants.

BallHog1

Best the dolphins have looked in terms of talent in many years. Way too many injuries to go anywhere this year. Might have been a game with a qb that wasn't handing the ball to the other team every chance he got.
Looking forward to next year. Hope they spend every draft pick on offensive linemen and everyone else gets healthy.

RebelliousHog

Wish the NFL would adapt the college rule for targeting. Nelson was drilled. $15000 fines are meaningless to players making millions.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Dr. Starcs

Matt Moore was the one who was severely targeted today. Pittsburgh lb with the cheap shot.

Rodgers magic yet again. Giants have blown too many opportunities to expect to win this type of game.

Buff

Quote from: HenduHog on January 08, 2017, 05:09:41 pm
Wish the NFL would adapt the college rule for targeting. Nelson was drilled. $15000 fines are meaningless to players making millions.

My ribcage is still hurting from watching that one. 

Anyway, bring on Dallus....Dalass?

Dr. Starcs

Dallas will have to keep Rodgers in the pocket and get pressure with their front 4 if they want to win. The health of Jordy Nelson could be huge.

Gb will have revenge on their mind after the Cowboys smacked them around in lambeau earlier this year, but Dallas will also have a revenge factor after the "Dez still caught it" game of two years ago. Lol

cosmodrum

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on January 08, 2017, 02:34:00 pm
Not sure. Lots said the same thing when they won 18 in row and sat at 18-0 going into the final game of the year and walking out with a loss to a wildcard team named the Giants.

We'll see I guess. Im just tired of the Pats. I'm certain they will rep the AFC. Maybe the Steelers. My Chiefs are gonna get run out of their own building next weekend.
Go away, batin'

EastexHawg

Dallas will ram it down the Packers' throats again.  Elliott will go for 150+.  Rodgers better engineer a score on almost every possession because they're going to need it.  The team for the Cowboys to fear was New York.

Buff

I'm hoping the GB defense doesn't lay down this time and pretend they like it.

Dr. Starcs

Hope you're right Easttex.

GB is a lot better now it seems though.

Pigsknuckles

Oh my...I have just witnessed the Stoernover for a safety.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Really wanting the Steelers in there, but tough road. Arrowhead tonight, and if lucky enough to win that are Pats.  Ugh.
Let's make some waves.

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

McKdaddy

First competitive playoff game this season. A good one. I continue to be amazed how composed Dak seems to be as a rookie qb. 
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 08, 2017, 10:50:51 pm
Dallas will ram it down the Packers' throats again.  Elliott will go for 150+.  Rodgers better engineer a score on almost every possession because they're going to need it.  The team for the Cowboys to fear was New York.

Oooops.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

EastexHawg

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 15, 2017, 10:27:59 pm
Oooops.

Not really.  Dallas did run it really well, close to 6 yards per carry.  Rodgers had to have a huge game and make the big plays to win it and he did.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 16, 2017, 12:54:03 am
Not really.  Dallas did run it really well, close to 6 yards per carry.  Rodgers had to have a huge game and make the big plays to win it and he did.

Guess they should have feared the Packers a little more.

But the Cowboys had a nice season.

Dr. Starcs

The Dallas defense was awful especially in the first half. Doesn't take away that the refs were too.

riccoar

You can't sack the QB, knock them out of FG range, and then turn around and let them pass for a 30 plus yard pass when you have more DB's on the field than they have receivers.  Inexcusable.  Rodgers had no play but to throw.

cosmodrum

If you wouldve told me that the Chiefs keep the Steelers out of the EZ, I would've said we win.
Go away, batin'

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 16, 2017, 11:24:41 am
If you wouldve told me that the Chiefs keep the Steelers out of the EZ, I would've said we win.

Sorry dude.  I like Alex Smith and think he's a great guy, but I just don't see him leading your Chiefs to the Promised Land.

But last night's loss wasn't on him.  Drops, untimely penalties and some curious play calling had something to do with it too.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

(notOM)Rebel123

January 16, 2017, 08:27:33 pm #34 Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:39:35 pm by (notOM)Rebel123
Quote from: cosmodrum on January 16, 2017, 11:24:41 am

Well, I'm a Steelers fan, but hats off to KC's red zone defense. Boy it was salty. No way we can settle for FG's next weekend.

My goodness, the kickers in both of Sunday's games were unbelievable. Not a kick missed in either game, that I can recall. And they weren't kicking chip shot FG's. 

FANONTHEHILL

Arrowhead was rocking last night.  We had a great time.  Hats off to the Steelers defense.  Made the big plays when they had to.  Bell is a blast to watch.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 16, 2017, 09:06:53 pm
Arrowhead was rocking last night.  We had a great time.  Hats off to the Steelers defense.  Made the big plays when they had to.  Bell is a blast to watch.

You were there? How sweet. Great game. Defensive battle.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 16, 2017, 03:06:06 pm
Sorry dude.  I like Alex Smith and think he's a great guy, but I just don't see him leading your Chiefs to the Promised Land.

But last night's loss wasn't on him.  Drops, untimely penalties and some curious play calling had something to do with it too.

We couldn't run the ball. If we could, I think we win.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 16, 2017, 09:06:53 pm

I have season tix in section 101, row 2, seat 5 and 6. My cousins were there. Although a loss, still pretty damn jealous.

Bell is the best back in the league and plays the position like no one ever. To keep that QB, AB and Bell out of the EZ is incredible. Just couldnt run the ball. Made us one dimensional and had to get too creative. The champ games should be great and we are in for an incredible SB, even if Dallas or chiefs made it. Strong playoff field past wild cards, no doubt.
Go away, batin'

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 16, 2017, 10:26:53 pm
Bell is the best back in the league and plays the position like no one ever.

I didn't pay much attention to Bell's running style until this year, and of course all the announcers go on and on about how his patience and his tip-toeing style is so unique.  But there is precedent for it.  In fact, from a former Steeler.

Franco Harris made a Hall of Fame career out of tip-toeing to the line, waiting to see a hole, then bursting through it.  Bell is faster and more athletic, but his style is very similar to Franco's.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 17, 2017, 11:44:22 am
I didn't pay much attention to Bell's running style until this year, and of course all the announcers go on and on about how his patience and his tip-toeing style is so unique.  But there is precedent for it.  In fact, from a former Steeler.

Franco Harris made a Hall of Fame career out of tip-toeing to the line, waiting to see a hole, then bursting through it.  Bell is faster and more athletic, but his style is very similar to Franco's.

yada yada old people
Go away, batin'

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 17, 2017, 12:34:18 pm
yada yada old people

Bwah.........ha.........ha...

It ain't like Franco wore a leather helmet or anything.  The Immaculate Reception was one of my coolest NFL memories as a 14 year old.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 17, 2017, 02:11:14 pm

It ain't like Franco wore a leather helmet or anything.  The Immaculate Reception was one of my coolest NFL memories as a 14 year old.

yeah just giving you a hard time.
Go away, batin'

EastexHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 17, 2017, 02:11:14 pm

Franco Harris was maybe the biggest female sex organ who ever played running back in the NFL, at least in his later years.  He virtually invented running out of bounds to avoid taking a hit.  My fondest memory of him is when he started getting close to Jim Brown's career rushing record.  Brown was something like 47 years old at the time and said it would be such a farce for Harris to hold the record that he would come out of retirement if Franco got close just to prevent such a travesty.  Brown was okay with Walter Payton breaking his record because Payton ran the football like a man.

Jackrabbit Hog

Old NFL vet Franco and rookie Franco were like two different players.  Young Franco ran hard and punished people.  Old Franco was just looking for a check and a soft place to land.

bennyl08

Pulling hard for the Steelers to beat NE. Would prefer to see GB play them in the super bowl, but wouldn't complain if Matty Ice was there instead.

If GB vs Pit, would want GB to win, but would still enjoy a Pitt victory.
If Atl vs Pit, would probably root for Atlanta because they are the underdogs.
I can't think of a single NFL team that I wouldn't root for against the Patriots.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 17, 2017, 03:34:16 pm
Old NFL vet Franco and rookie Franco were like two different players.  Young Franco ran hard and punished people.  Old Franco was just looking for a check and a soft place to land.

Well put. Funny thing, there's been a lot of players over the years adopt Franco's strategy. Smartest way to prolong a career.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Well it's game day and I can't wait. Bad omen though. The wind was so.strong last night that my Steeler flag broke off the top of the house and was laying in the yard.  When I say broke the metal bracket screwed to the wall.

I'm putting a positive spin on it. Means I will take my flag to the bar for the Steeler watch party in Ft Worth
Let's make some waves.

RebelliousHog

Gotta stay with my Packers, and NE is hard to beat at home.

GB > Atl. 35-31.   
NE>Pitt. 31-21

HogFansReunited

Green Bay looks bad today. I thought they would win this game but they are not playing good on either side of the ball.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568