Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cowboys win the NFC East!!!

Started by SquidBilly, December 22, 2016, 10:41:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Buff

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 15, 2017, 05:54:22 pm
Is Dan Enos calling plays today

If you're a Green Bay fan, it looks like the defense is playing Bielema-Ball with Robb Smith calling plays now.

PonderinHog

Hard to believe that was Witten's first postseason TD reception.  Wow!

PonderinHog

Atlhogfan1

Dak impressed me. 

If AR had not made a horrible throw in the 3rd, this would have been over earlier.  Hopefully he will show up Matt Ryan next week.

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Dr. Starcs

EastexHawg

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 15, 2017, 07:07:59 pm
Dallas d lets them down again.

The Dallas defense is the real story of the last 10 years.  One team had the best back and offensive line in the NFL, as well enough time for its QB to look over the field at his leisure most of the day.

The other is advancing to Atlanta. 

Dr. Starcs

And Green Bay didnt get called for crap, much less an unsportsmanlike conduct on a huddle?!?!  WTH?!

hoglady

Well, guess I'm a Falcons fan for a week.
Never been able to root for Green Bay or Aaron Rodgers / left over hatred from the Dandy Don vs. Bart Starr days.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 15, 2017, 07:07:59 pm
Dallas d lets them down again.
I said it all week, this game was about the offense, the offense had to execute almost flawlessly and they didn't. penalties, poor play calls at times, dropped balls etc. they had to outscore GB and they couldn't do it. Dallas defense similar to the hogs has some personnel issues, however they have a coach who is a master of illusion. They were not going to consistently stop Rogers, the billion $ offense had to win this game and they just didn't do it. It was a good effort by Dallas just not good enough.

2 things I thought were mistakes:
I said it from play one of the next to last drive, they had better keep bringing pressure, and they did and then they didn't. when they didn't Rogers made plays down the field. Just like the last play, which was mostly Jones' fault he let Rogers rolling freeze him, instead of staying with the flow of the play.

Clocking the ball was a mistake, I thought then that was going to bite them, and it did. Of course it might not have been so if Young Dak would have audibled to a Draw on 3rd down as GB had nobody in the middle of the field. If they had run the ball they probably could have milked the clock all the way down if they got close to a first down.

Dallas has an opportunity to be great like the 90's but they have to fix the defense which has been a problem for a long time, at least 5 starters on their defense would struggle to make most rosters forget about playing starter snaps. there is also almost 0 depth. I call them the dog food defense, because about half of them are only fit for that.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 15, 2017, 07:44:01 pm
I said it all week, this game was about the offense, the offense had to execute almost flawlessly and they didn't. penalties, poor play calls at times, dropped balls etc. they had to outscore GB and they couldn't do it. Dallas defense similar to the hogs has some personnel issues, however they have a coach who is a master of illusion. They were not going to consistently stop Rogers, the billion $ offense had to win this game and they just didn't do it. It was a good effort by Dallas just not good enough.

2 things I thought were mistakes:
I said it from play one of the next to last drive, they had better keep bringing pressure, and they did and then they didn't. when they didn't Rogers made plays down the field. Just like the last play, which was mostly Jones' fault he let Rogers rolling freeze him, instead of staying with the flow of the play.

Clocking the ball was a mistake, I thought then that was going to bite them, and it did. Of course it might not have been so if Young Dak would have audibled to a Draw on 3rd down as GB had nobody in the middle of the field. If they had run the ball they probably could have milked the clock all the way down if they got close to a first down.

Dallas has an opportunity to be great like the 90's but they have to fix the defense which has been a problem for a long time, at least 5 starters on their defense would struggle to make most rosters forget about playing starter snaps. there is also almost 0 depth. I call them the dog food defense, because about half of them are only fit for that.

Hard to build both sides of the ball in the current salary cap NFL.  You can be great on one side of the ball.  If you get both sides great, it won't last long.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 15, 2017, 07:51:51 pm
Hard to build both sides of the ball in the current salary cap NFL.  You can be great on one side of the ball.  If you get both sides great, it won't last long.
you are correct, but I don't think great is what we need. Hitchens, Wilber, mcclain, Durant, Heath, Wilcox, Crawford, Irving, these guys are bit players or ST players, but most of the time they are starters. Church is just serviceable, the CB's, Lee and Jones are pretty darned good. I mean they really only need a few players, the 3 misfits could make this a pretty solid defense: Gregory, McClain and the other DE they cut, those types of players make this a team that is almost unbeatable IMO. They have a window here, they could win 2 or 3 titles before Bryant, carr, and a couple others lose it.

Also before Marinelli decides or father time decides he is too old ;D

alohawg

To make it worse, Irving was horse collared on that game winning 3rd and 21 completion.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SonnyKoufax10/status/820808449881739265

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

McKdaddy

I'm hearing lots of excuses from my wife why our team lost. Fact is if we hadn't been GB's b!itch on defense most of the first half it would've been a different game.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

pigture perfect

Texas Toast all weekend. Covered in butter from America's dairyland. Go Packers!!!
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

kodiakisland

The offensive could have done some things better, but when you score 31 in a playoff game you should win.  They didn't have the D for a championship.  If it wasn't this week, it would have been next.  Defense looked like the Hogs out there at times.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

holeinthewall

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 15, 2017, 07:16:49 pm
And Green Bay didnt get called for crap, much less an unsportsmanlike conduct on a huddle?!?!  WTH?!

LMAO GB WR were getting there jerseys taken off and no holding or PI calls. Refs were clearly for the home team.

riccoar

Officiating was bad and apparently was in the KC game as well.  There was mention in Dallas' game that the crews were auditioning of sorts to see who would get picked for Super Bowl.  That's a sure fire recipe for putting a ref in panic mode to be trigger happy.

Dallas lost on the simple fact their secondary was horrendous.  Hell, imagine if Nelson was out there.

Hogs958

Garrett doesn't understand clock management.

Hogs958

Quote from: holeinthewall on January 16, 2017, 05:39:01 am
LMAO GB WR were getting there jerseys taken off and no holding or PI calls. Refs were clearly for the home team.

Haha ya that was clearly the case. Come on. It's ok if you hate The Cowboys, but that's ridiculous.

Dr. Starcs

And Dallas d lineman was clotheslined on the 3rd and 20 play.

Green Bay was called for a grand total of 3 penalties. One was a pi, one a false start and I honestly don't remember what the 3rd was.

Dallas had 6 for 50. The one for unsportsmanlike conduct I've never seen before. Ever. Totally killed that drive, costing them 37 yards.

I said in the other thread, Dallas d was absolutely not ready to play, especially in the first half. Still doesnt change the fact that the refs had way too much influence in the game. Terrible.

And once again Garrett's clock management was questionable at best at the end.

Atlhogfan1

Cowboys DBs were doing a lot of grabbing.  GB wr and TE jerseys ended up pulled to the point the shoulder pads came out and no call except once or twice.  Once happened on a 3rd down getting Dallas the ball back. 
Quote from: holeinthewall on January 16, 2017, 05:39:01 am
LMAO GB WR were getting there jerseys taken off

EastexHawg

Quote from: kodiakisland on January 16, 2017, 04:39:42 am
The offensive could have done some things better, but when you score 31 in a playoff game you should win.  They didn't have the D for a championship.  If it wasn't this week, it would have been next.  Defense looked like the Hogs out there at times.

Yep.  The QB position wasn't the reason Dallas lost yesterday, and it hasn't been the reason Dallas has lost for the last decade.  It's the defense, which has been somewhere between terrible at a historical level or simply unable to make the stop needed to win the game.

We've had a QB playing at a level that put him at the #3 spot on the NFL's all-time passer rating list.  That was scoffed at..."all he does is put up stats"... because the team wasn't winning the big one.  Since so many fans wanted to get rid of him the story is now, "Yeah, they lost because the defense wasn't good enough, but Dak played great."

The problem didn't go away or change, only the perspective did.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 16, 2017, 11:07:34 am
Yep.  The QB position wasn't the reason Dallas lost yesterday, and it hasn't been the reason Dallas has lost for the last decade.  It's the defense, which has been somewhere between terrible at a historical level or simply unable to make the stop needed to win the game.

We've had a QB playing at a level that put him at the #3 spot on the NFL's all-time passer rating list.  That was scoffed at..."all he does is put up stats"... because the team wasn't winning the big one.  Since so many fans wanted to get rid of him the story is now, "Yeah, they lost because the defense wasn't good enough, but Dak played great."

The problem didn't go away or change, only the perspective did.

It really is coaching....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

woodrow hog call

The very first drive when it's 3rd an 2, we needed to run something safe to pickup the first down, instead Dak tried to force it through double coverage 25 yards downfield and they settle for a field goal. That mentality came back to bite em.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 15, 2017, 07:16:49 pm

And Dallas didn't get away with blatant holding the entire game? The one call they blew was the interfernce call. Should have been holding. But Dallas got away with holdijng the whole game, so justice prevailed.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

RebelliousHog

The announcer in the booth said the unsportman call was exactly correct. You didn't see Garrett bitching. Just because you've never heard of the rule doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Dr. Starcs

Fudge packers definitely got the benefit of some critical  (no) calls.

I bet you think Bama's o-line doesn't hold either.

alohawg

Quote from: HenduHog on January 16, 2017, 12:07:46 pm
The announcer in the booth said the unsportman call was exactly correct. You didn't see Garrett bitching. Just because you've never heard of the rule doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

The same announcer that wants to gay marry Rodgers? Give me a break, there wasn't even a huddle yet.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Dr. Starcs

Agree aloha. Look at the pic. Didnt look like a huddle to most people.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: alohawg on January 16, 2017, 12:41:47 pm
The same announcer that wants to gay marry Rodgers? Give me a break, there wasn't even a huddle yet.

Those two gushed over the cowboys like school girls till the pack put 21 on them. And when the boys started coming back it was the same.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 16, 2017, 12:21:19 pm
Fudge packers definitely got the benefit of some critical  (no) calls.

I bet you think Bama's o-line doesn't hold either.

All lines hold. There are degrees of holding. Games would be 5 hours long if they called holding on every play.

Dropkick

As soon as the clock hit 0:00 I wondered what excuse Cowboy fans would cling to this time...........

RebelliousHog

Additionally I was watching Dallas long ago. They always got the benefit of calls. Always.

The "hail mary" against the Vikings. Obvious push off by the reciever. Never called. And I dont even like the Viking.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Dropkick on January 16, 2017, 03:19:57 pm
As soon as the clock hit 0:00 I wondered what excuse Cowboy fans would cling to this time...........

agreed.

Like liberals and the trump win. Just cannot let go.

alohawg

Here is the rule.

(b) If he approaches the huddle and communicates with a teammate, he is required to participate in at least one play before
being withdrawn. Violations of this rule may be penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct.
Note: The intent of the rule is to prevent teams from using simulated substitutions to confuse an opponent, while still
permitting a player (or players) to enter and leave without participating in a play in certain situations, such as a change in
a coaching decision on fourth down, even though he has approached the huddle and communicated with a teammate.
Similarly, if a player who participated in the previous play leaves the playing field by mistake, and returns to the playing
field prior to the snap, he is not required to reach the inside of the field numerals, provided that the defense has the
opportunity to match up with him. However, a substitute (i.e., someone who did not participate in the previous play) is
required to reach the inside of the field numerals

What a bs call.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: alohawg on January 16, 2017, 03:56:51 pm
Here is the rule.

(b) If he approaches the huddle and communicates with a teammate, he is required to participate in at least one play before
being withdrawn. Violations of this rule may be penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct.
Note: The intent of the rule is to prevent teams from using simulated substitutions to confuse an opponent, while still
permitting a player (or players) to enter and leave without participating in a play in certain situations, such as a change in
a coaching decision on fourth down, even though he has approached the huddle and communicated with a teammate.
Similarly, if a player who participated in the previous play leaves the playing field by mistake, and returns to the playing
field prior to the snap, he is not required to reach the inside of the field numerals, provided that the defense has the
opportunity to match up with him. However, a substitute (i.e., someone who did not participate in the previous play) is
required to reach the inside of the field numerals

What a bs call.

Did it happen?

Dr. Starcs

Go look at the picture. There is no huddle.

alohawg

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 16, 2017, 05:34:42 pm
Did it happen?

^^^ no huddle plus I would also point to what appears to be discretion within the language.

Violations of this rule may be penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️