Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your Best Wms Memories?

Started by Hogmiser, September 06, 2012, 02:52:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogmiser

Mine was in 2010 when we beat LSU for that Sugar Bowl Spot. I was sitting on the West side of the Stadium with My Father and My Son, My Husband. We were doing WPS Chants from the Stadium to our Car. Also the playing of Pour some Sugar on me was sweet as well.  :) :razorback:
Welcome to Hog Country Brett Bielema!! We are Happy to have You as A Hog Brett. Go Hogs and WPS!!

hogwildinhotsprings

My best memory is the 2008 LSWho game.  That was the first game that I was able to take my then 6 year old to.  I remember vividly how cold and raining/drizzling it was.  We were about 10 rows up in the corner/end zone that London Crawford caught the game winning touchdown in.  I'll never forget the look on my sons face as we won.  I think that is the only time he has stayed awake the entire ride back home.  He was just that excited.  WPS

hogwild6700

I second that on your most favorite WMS memory. I was also at the game in 98' when we played against Kentucky and Tim Couch. That was exciting!
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

Horthawg

Tie: '85 vs Baylor and 86 game vs the aggies. Yeah, I'm old.
Once a Hog-ALWAYS A HOG!

EastexHawg

2002, Matt Jones to Decori Birmingham in the original Miracle on Markham.

El Puerco Grande

I was at the LSU game that put us in the Sugar Bowl, but my best memory was watching the Hogs keep aTm out of the Cotton Bowl back in the Hatfield days. Got to take my mom to her one and only game, and it was a great one.
How 'bout them hogs?

Jon Ham

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 06, 2012, 03:09:27 pm
2002, Matt Jones to Decori Birmingham in the original Miracle on Markham.

Yup. As awesome as the 2010 sugar bowl clinching win was, the 2002 LSU game takes the cake.

Lrhog671

Cotton Bowl win Jan. 1, 1965, was only 14, but remember it and the excitement in our whole house.

PORKULATOR

2nd miracle on Markham was my daughters first game and it was a great day.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

jbell96

My personal favorite memory of WMS was in 1995 when we clinched the West with a win over Auburn. That was one of the wildest games I've ever seen. Us being up 27-0 at halftime only to nearly choke the game away before we blocked a 52 yard FG to end the game.

OptimusHog

"Dick...he's going for it all...TOUCH! DOWN! ARKANSAS! LONDON CRAWFORD!"

It was my Freshman year and seeing Casey jump in the air and end his Razorback career on such a high note was a real tear jerker.

PORKULATOR

99' MSU game was a lot of fun, but loaded as I was, I could be wrong.
:razorback:
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Root66

September 14, 1974    Hogs 22  USC  7 avenging a 31-10 loss two years earlier on Sept. 9, 1972.

That first game had a sign up on the upper NE wall of the stadium that read...

We eat sawdust
We schit logs
We ain't nothing
But mean ass Hogs

The sign came down during the 3rd quarter.

Root66

Quote from: Lrhog671 on September 06, 2012, 03:13:18 pm
Cotton Bowl win Jan. 1, 1965, was only 14, but remember it and the excitement in our whole house.

Cotton Bowl played at War Memorial Stadium?

EastexHawg

Quote from: Root66 on September 06, 2012, 03:18:31 pm
Cotton Bowl played at War Memorial Stadium?

The thread does ask for HIS memory...

H&D

1997 and 1998 State Championship games, we won both. I have the rings to prove it. 

Sorry, never watched a hog game there.  So that's all I got.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

idochog

Both Miracle on Markhams
The 1979 Texas game we won 17-14
The Houston Cougars/ Quinn Grovey shootout that we won 45-39
I love Jesus!

cosmodrum

Both Miracles on Markham.

Hugging complete strangers, singing Pour Some Sugar on Me in 2010. Seeing that stadium full well after the game was over...was incredible.
Go away, batin'

razorbacker3

September 06, 2012, 03:33:30 pm #18 Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 10:36:10 pm by razorbacker3
The 91 Texas game....the whole stadium stayed and called the hogs for half an hour after the game was over.

majestic

SHS beats Northside for the state championship, 1989. 
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Hogs-n-Roses

Teddy Barnes, back of the endzone.

fishes2000

I actually have three:
the Houston game in which we beat Andre Ware was one of the most exciting games I have ever seen. the miracle on markham with Matt Jones to Decori Birmingham. The catch was right in front of me in the endzone. It was also one of my nephews first razorback game. He has been a hog fan ever since. The other was when we beat LSU to go to the sugar bowl.

nwarazfan

1989 Houston game.  The week after UH nearly scored a 100 on SMU, Grovey outplayed Ware.

1991 Texas- The last SWC meeting.

LSU 2010

YodaHog

Watching Gus and Mitch win the state championship in 2005.

/sarcasm

razorpimp

The day when the last razorback game will be played there!  ;D

Just had to do it...... LOL

moehog

Quote from: jbell96 on September 06, 2012, 03:14:05 pm
My personal favorite memory of WMS was in 1995 when we clinched the West with a win over Auburn. That was one of the wildest games I've ever seen. Us being up 27-0 at halftime only to nearly choke the game away before we blocked a 52 yard FG to end the game.

I was there too...great atmosphere but the best for me was September 14,1974 beating USC...
"There is no hope for the satisfied man."

Blockisland

Been to almost every game in WMS the past 15 years, my fondest memory is when they announced the LSU game was moving to Fayetteville

nwarazfan

Sadly, I could make a long list of bad ones too with the 1990 season containing a few by itself. 

Hogmiser

Quote from: Blockisland on September 06, 2012, 03:43:03 pm
Been to almost every game in WMS the past 15 years, my fondest memory is when they announced the LSU game was moving to Fayetteville
It will be back!!
Welcome to Hog Country Brett Bielema!! We are Happy to have You as A Hog Brett. Go Hogs and WPS!!

termite

September 06, 2012, 03:45:30 pm #29 Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 03:51:07 pm by termite
Drumming Texas 31-7 in pouring rain in '71. My girl friend was a diehard longhorn fan and she didn't talk to me all the way back to Texas!!

Hogmiser

Verizon Arena has a promotion on their Facebook Page. Ticket Giveaway i think.

H&D

Quote from: YodaHog on September 06, 2012, 03:41:07 pm
Watching Gus and Mitch win the state championship in 2005.

/sarcasm

My brother and I went to that game, we sat on the West Memphis side.  By the second quarter the fans had given up on the game and were cheering for Mitch and Damian as future hogs.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

EastexHawg

Quote from: razorbacker3 on September 06, 2012, 03:33:30 pm
The 92 Texas game....the whole stadium stayed and called the hogs for half an hour after the game was over.

That one was in 1991.  I was there.  It looked like we were headed to the Cotton Bowl...then Jason Allen got hurt and the season went in the toilet.

Quote from: termite on September 06, 2012, 03:45:30 pm
Drumming Texas in pouring rain in '72. My girl friend was a diehard longhorn fan and she didn't talk to me all the way back to Texas!!

That was 1971.  Joe Ferguson's junior year.  I still have the SW Times Record sports page from that Sunday..."Revenge At The Rock"!

termite

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 06, 2012, 03:49:51 pm
That one was in 1991.  I was there.  It looked like we were headed to the Cotton Bowl...then Jason Allen got hurt and the season went in the toilet.

That was 1971.  Joe Ferguson's junior year.  I still have the SW Times Record sports page from that Sunday..."Revenge At The Rock"!   
My bad, I've changed!! Thanks.

YodaHog

Quote from: H&D on September 06, 2012, 03:49:38 pm
My brother and I went to that game, we sat on the West Memphis side.  By the second quarter the fans had given up on the game and were cheering for Mitch and Damian as future hogs.

Had Damian already switched his commitment?  I seem to remember he or Cleveland one doing a gator chomp after a TD.

Tim Harris

My best WMS memory was winning a state title there.

H&D

Quote from: YodaHog on September 06, 2012, 03:53:45 pm
Had Damian already switched his commitment?  I seem to remember he or Cleveland one doing a gator chomp after a TD.

Honestly I can't remember, I'm pretty sure a couple of them had already switched.  The only thing West Memphis put of the field that day that was entertaining was the kid doing flips the length of the field.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

thirrdegreetusker

12/6/75 Hogs 31-TAM 6
The entire opening day backfield, all of whom would play in the NFL, had been lost to injury. But the Hogs (quoting the local paper) "inspired by a fanatical defensive effort, and urged on by a delirious War Memorial Stadium crowd" vanquished the unbeaten #2-ranked Aggies on the last day of the season, earning a spot in the Cotton Bowl (beat Georgia). That season might have been the best coaching job ever by an Arkansas staff.

Opening day 1974 Hogs 22-Southern Cal 7
Original Miracle on Markham
The 1979 Texas game 17-14
Houston Cougars/ Quinn Grovey shootout that we won 45-39

RedRock

6 seconds before the half, 2010, LSU....RM pass to CH for 80 td....Patrick Peterson in the end zone on his face hitting the turf with his fist.  Also, the phrase that came from the game..."we didn't come here to paint". 

Beating Texas 17-14 in 1979.  I was a kid, and it was the first time we had beat Texas when I was old enough to appreciate it.

oldhawg

Texas 14  Arkansas 17.   Lawrence Sampleton, Texas tight end, missing the pass across the middle in the fourth quarter that would have given the Longhorns the win.  1977 or 1978 I think.

I-HATE-Nutt

Watching the 20,000 people who left WMS early try to get back in when Birmingham caught that pass to beat LSU.

HawgWild

Quote from: idochog on September 06, 2012, 03:32:01 pm
The Houston Cougars/ Quinn Grovey shootout that we won 45-39

This one for me.

alohawg

Quote from: razorbacker3 on September 06, 2012, 03:33:30 pm
The 92 Texas game....the whole stadium stayed and called the hogs for half an hour after the game was over.

Same here, the last defensive stand was epic....we rocked WMS that day!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Mr. Porkleone

The Great Hogsby

My memory is going on me but I think it was 1997. South Carolina beat us handily but we got our entire section to sing happy birthday to my brother during the 4th quarter.

A few minutes later I got a hell of a massage from 3 lesbians.......man were they ugly though.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." - Jack Handey

(notOM)Rebel123

Best WMS Memories...
1) Spending time tailgaiting with my dad outside of the Main entrance on the East side of WMS.
2) Sept. 14, 1974...the win over USC. 1st Razorback game my father ever took me to see.
3) Tie...'79 Texas game, Houston game vs. Andre Ware, Miracle(s) on Markham.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

flagstaffhog

As a kid, my dad would take me to WMS early on game days so I could battle to catch the ball in the End Zones while Steve Little was warming up his leg. Took and some serious beatings by the older kids while trying to catch the ball, but had great fun doing it. I learned quick how to hop bleachers without falling. If you fell, the others kids might not let you get up.......

Steve Little was a hell of a kicker and punter.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

The Boar War

Quote from: YodaHog on September 06, 2012, 03:53:45 pm

I don't think so.  Williams and Cleaveland committed to AR in January of '06.