Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Take Charge Indy

Started by showhimthewhip, October 25, 2012, 08:16:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

showhimthewhip

In an effort to help RCook bring back the horse racing forum... Take Charge Indy is making his first start back from the ankle surgery after the derby.  It will be in the Fayette Stakes at Keeneland.  I truly believe that without the ankle problems in the derby he would have run big.  Watch his position in the race compared to that of the Florida Derby.  Calvin had him right where he wanted him and the horse couldn't make his finishing move with the ankle troubles.  With many of the 3 year olds out he may be our knight and shining armor.  He won't run in the Breeder's Cup but he is one of our few outstanding 3 year olds to follow.  He has been training lights out and is supposed to run big.  What do you guys think?

RockChalkJayhawk

5     3      1       8     10      6     11     9      4      2       7
27   127   128   138   143   149   152   186   192   203   205

The above numbers represent my early-speed calculations for the Fayette-G2, and it's obvious, at least on paper, that Take Charge Indy (5) could be poised to take this field on a merry chase if he is ready.  He's always run well fresh and as mentioned, his works are outstanding.  It bothers me that said works were at Churchill Downs and NOT Keeneland, however.   Still, a good trip is forthcoming, and if he is truly the lone speed, he's got to be rated dangerous.

Following is the opinion of Jeremy Plonk, Keeneland Handicapper:
http://www.keeneland.com/racing/expert-picks/plonk
"Feature Race Play: The closing day feature is the Grade 2 Fayette, and I'm staunchly in the camp of Guys Reward, who had a no-chance trip last time at Saratoga when having to the presser who made first-run on lone speed Dominus. Expect him to get back to a more comfortable trip and be ready to rock and roll. Salta is a horse worth keeping an eye on. His win here Oct. 13 may be the performance of the meet by a horse not named Groupie Doll or Wise Dan.
While I respect Take Charge Indy, it's asking a ton to run 9 furlongs on Polytrack off that kind of layoff and having never faced older horses is another hurdle. He should be 10-1 on those challenges and he'll be more like 4-1."