Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Washington and Darian Townes NEED to start...STARTING TONIGHT!

Started by batmanfan, December 19, 2007, 02:56:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

batmanfan

Every game the Hogs get off to a slow start, in part to the fact Hill gives the team nothing and the fact Thomas is struggling.  Every time these two (M-Wash and D Townes) come in its point after point.  Rebound after rebound.

These are two of our three best players, its time to give these guys all the minutes.

New lineup should be:
Welsh
Bev
Britt OR Weems
Washington
Townes

Do it Pel, Hill is totally worthless and shouldnt be on the court.  Thomas is just kinda there.  You don't see it much that the bench could take the starting 5 in a game of 5 on 5, but that is the case with our team, as long as Hill and Thomas start.

Did I say what a big waste of size and how worthless Steven Hill is yet?

BAT
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

spudhog

agree that we need to get off to better starts and this would definitely help. but, you have to remember this. in nolan's and pel's systems, starting is almost a minute point. we were subing a minute into that game on sat. it's all about minutes and who is there at the end of the game.

Beaverfever

Yeah we get off to a bad start every friggin game and we start Hill every game.  This move is already long overdue.

Rooka

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

yocdaddy

Quote from: batmanfan on December 19, 2007, 02:56:55 pm
Every game the Hogs get off to a slow start, in part to the fact Hill gives the team nothing and the fact Thomas is struggling.  Every time these two (M-Wash and D Townes) come in its point after point.  Rebound after rebound.

These are two of our three best players, its time to give these guys all the minutes.

New lineup should be:
Welsh
Bev
Britt OR Weems
Washington
Townes

Do it Pel, Hill is totally worthless and shouldnt be on the court.  Thomas is just kinda there.  You don't see it much that the bench could take the starting 5 in a game of 5 on 5, but that is the case with our team, as long as Hill and Thomas start.

BAT

Why would you want to start Britt?  Hill starts for defensive purposes, and you hate that, so why would you even remotely consider starting Britt?  You got some explaining to do.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

yocdaddy

Not that anyone will feel better about Hill starting, but bringing Townes off the bench against a post defender who is tiring has been very effective for him.  In fact, I would say that Townes' production wouldn't be nearly as good if he were to start. 

I think we should pound the basketball inside to Thomas and Weems in the early going to get off to a better start.  We seem to settle for too many early 3-pt shots.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

spudhog

Quote from: yocdaddy on December 19, 2007, 05:59:18 pm
Not that anyone will feel better about Hill starting, but bringing Townes off the bench against a post defender who is tiring has been very effective for him.  In fact, I would say that Townes' production wouldn't be nearly as good if he were to start. 

I think we should pound the basketball inside to Thomas and Weems in the early going to get off to a better start.  We seem to settle for too many early 3-pt shots.

your exactly right. this team has to identify what it does well. work inside out. pound it inside till they start doubling down. kick to the shooters and let them get those open looks. once we start doing this for 40 minutes, we'll make the game look a lot easier.

townes is doing great off the bench. it would tough to try to break his momentum by starting. but, these slow starts have got to be corrected somehow.

forrest city joe

Quote from: batmanfan on December 19, 2007, 02:56:55 pm

New lineup should be:
Welsh
Bev
Britt OR Weems
Washington
Townes

BAT
I agree Batman. it is time to shake things up and put the best players out there. i hope Pel will agree.

yocdaddy

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 19, 2007, 06:43:42 pm
I agree Batman. it is time to shake things up and put the best players out there. i hope Pel will agree.
Why is time to shake things up?  We are 8-2 and our losses have been to teams in the Big 12 and the Big East.  Now, if we had lost to VCU, ORU, or MSU, I would completely agree, but we haven't lost to cupcakes.  Why shake things up?  Let them work through it, that will make them better.

Breems

Quote from: yocdaddy on December 19, 2007, 05:59:18 pm

Pound inside to Townes I say.  Let Weems drive to the goal and just dunk over everyone.  Well actually thats been Pbev's job the past few games lol.  I do wish Weems would drive in more.  That's probably more his game.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />