Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More ESPN Fullcourt problems?

Started by jbrinegar, December 18, 2007, 04:30:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrinegar

The last game on ESPN fullcourt the Hogs vs Texas State were supposed to play never was available to me on my TWC in Austin.  Now I just checked my onscreen tv guide for the game tomorrow nite which is supposed to be on the fullcourt, and it is not showing up. All the other scheduled games are though. Why do they keep not showing games that are scheduled to be on?  Anyone else check their onscreen guide to see if the game is listed?  Im getting madder and madder about this.  Im glad I wasted the 100 bucks so I can keep missing Hog games that were advertised to be on. 

TRUHOG718

Quote from: jbrinegar on December 18, 2007, 04:30:12 pm
The last game on ESPN fullcourt the Hogs vs Texas State were supposed to play never was available to me on my TWC in Austin.  Now I just checked my onscreen tv guide for the game tomorrow nite which is supposed to be on the fullcourt, and it is not showing up. All the other scheduled games are though. Why do they keep not showing games that are scheduled to be on?  Anyone else check their onscreen guide to see if the game is listed?  Im getting madder and madder about this.  Im glad I wasted the 100 bucks so I can keep missing Hog games that were advertised to be on. 

saturdays game too
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

The Coletrain

I'm having the same issues as well.  I called my local cable provider about the Texas State game and they told me it was blacked out.  Sounds like the University has a deal in place to black out all games and force people to either attend or pay for a subscription to RazorZone.  That's all I can figure anyway.  Sucks!!  They seem to be the only school doing this.   
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Gohawgs71

Call ESPN to complain about NO FULL COURT GAME -860-766-2000  This a rip off!!

jbrinegar

thanks, I was looking for the ESPN number

The Coletrain

jules12

I called the ESPN number given above just now (7:00 pm CST) and an operator answered.  I asked about the Full Court Programming and where was the Arkansas game.  She said she was just an operator answering the phone and that I would have to call "ESPN Viewing" tomorrow and they only take calls from 12:30 pm to 5 pm Eastern Time.  She did say that we have the right phone number. 

What a joke!  I should say rip-off!

elkhog

That is strange because the game is on the local channels.
GO HOGS!!!

The Coletrain

Quote from: jules12 on December 19, 2007, 08:06:22 pm
I called the ESPN number given above just now (7:00 pm CST) and an operator answered.  I asked about the Full Court Programming and where was the Arkansas game.  She said she was just an operator answering the phone and that I would have to call "ESPN Viewing" tomorrow and they only take calls from 12:30 pm to 5 pm Eastern Time.  She did say that we have the right phone number. 

What a joke!  I should say rip-off!

I did manage to get a hold of someone from the "viewing" department this afternoon.  He told me the game would be televised and that there was no blackout.  So it has to be a local cable provider issue.  So I talked to a rep with my local cable company and the only thing she could figure was that ESPN only provided games to certain areas.  Which I know can't be right.  I can't figure where the issue is.  Frustrating!!

hogsanity

Quote from: The Coletrain on December 19, 2007, 08:33:15 pm
I did manage to get a hold of someone from the "viewing" department this afternoon.  He told me the game would be televised and that there was no blackout.  So it has to be a local cable provider issue.  So I talked to a rep with my local cable company and the only thing she could figure was that ESPN only provided games to certain areas.  Which I know can't be right.  I can't figure where the issue is.  Frustrating!!

ESPN certainly can provide games to ceetain areas only.  I worked in cable for over a decade.  All the cable cos have addressable receivers, ESPN can block out all of those in a certain zip code or geographic area.  Whether this is the case tonight, i do not know.  I do know that the locals are off on both DISH and DIRECT.  Whether that is having an effect on ESPN, I do not know either.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TRUHOG718

Quote from: hogsanity on December 19, 2007, 08:37:53 pm
ESPN certainly can provide games to ceetain areas only.  I worked in cable for over a decade.  All the cable cos have addressable receivers, ESPN can block out all of those in a certain zip code or geographic area.  Whether this is the case tonight, i do not know.  I do know that the locals are off on both DISH and DIRECT.  Whether that is having an effect on ESPN, I do not know either.

its not blocked. its just not available no matter where you are. thats the problem. Its not being broadcast on ESPN FC. those arses  at ESPN are to lazy to get up and fix it.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

jbrinegar

no go again for me tonite.  Im in Austin, TX  on TWC.  No help from ESPN, they said theyd look into and get back with me.  I doubt Ill ever hear from them again.

Gohawgs71

Guys, This is almost certainly an ARSN issue.  Everyone please call them tommrrow this is bullcrap.....501-324-7562.  Nothing in it for ESPN not to show