Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charles Thomas?

Started by Modsquad24, December 17, 2007, 03:33:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Modsquad24

I remember last year he was one player you could count on just about every game to be consistent, this year hes on/off and I think thats one thing that gets overlooked in our early struggles at times is sometimes the manimal just aint there anymore. What do you guys think? I hope its a slump or something that will fade because we need the real manimal in the SEC!

hillhog

Maybe he thinks he has his starting job locked up. He is not anywhere close to the player he was as a freshman and soph. It appears he is comfortable with where he is and shows no indication of changing at this time. Hope I am wrong because for this team to be successful he needs to show up along with everone else.

oldfart

I was hoping charles would have a super season, he was one that always seemed to play hard last year and has shown flashes this year but not consistently.  sure do need his energy......

3kgthog

I've come to the realization that there just isn't much basketball skill on this team. Short of Beverley and occassionally Townes our team is full of runners, jumpers, and guys that just get in the way while hoping to make a play. Thomas can take a charge and get some garbage baskets, but you'll never see him make a great pass, use a pump fake to get his man in the air, etc.

afielde11

thomas really used to be one of my favorite players. i still like him but my gosh i swear every time he catches the ball he travels and that isn't good for a senior. he's still probably the most reliable to guarantee he shows up and goes full speed though

booogaga

he just needs to get used to the up tempo style. he will come around. its still early.
GO HOGS!

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 17, 2007, 06:51:19 pm
I've come to the realization that there just isn't much basketball skill on this team. Short of Beverley and occassionally Townes our team is full of runners, jumpers, and guys that just get in the way while hoping to make a play. Thomas can take a charge and get some garbage baskets, but you'll never see him make a great pass, use a pump fake to get his man in the air, etc.

Washington is a great talent and he will be a force in the SEC until he decides to leave for the NBA

blacksuit

What happened to his FT shooting this year? He used to be money in the bank.

Beaverfever

Yeah Charles used to own the paint and now...I don't know.  I don't even notice him anymore.

razorbackfan4life

I've met Charles several times... he's a good kid.  He has a lot of talent. 

spudhog

charles' career long problem has been foul trouble. when he's in it, he's invincible. when he's not, he's a tough man to handle. he's not an all american but i think he could be an all conference type player.