Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 07:51:54 pm

B Ball

Started by hog_spirit, December 15, 2007, 05:02:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog_spirit

Looks like it is going to be another year of a talented basketball team unacheiving.  I really hate watching them choke year after year.

theoutsider

akp4105

Quote from: hog_spirit on December 15, 2007, 05:02:53 pm
Looks like it is going to be another year of a talented basketball team unacheiving.  I really hate watching them choke year after year.

You cant be serious. We are not that talented. We are athletic, we are long. We have NO guard play besides Beverly. No PG. We are not that good. Let Pel get his guys in here. Then, we'll be talented.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

you just spent your two cents...
so now what.....
ched come back pls

ballhog™

Our free throw shooting stunk and they were cardinal hot from the 3 point line.

I think JP will do a good job.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

soccermom

Can't win with Ervin at point guard.

Hill is a liability with this system.

You can count on Weems for 5-10 turnovers every game.
Omaha Bound Razorbacks!  The REAL deal on the Hill!

ekyle1

Don't get too excited just yet. Okla. played out of there mind today and all but the free throws Ark. played pretty good.

Flatfoot

We just don't have a point guard this year.  We will be back, Rome wasn't built in a day.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Houston h

I'm ready for this senoir class to be gone because Pel is going to bring in some great talent.  This team has no point guard, Ervin is a turnover a minute and you can't win consistantly with that type of leadership.

akp4105

We are the same team as last year with a different system. There are going to be many bumps in the road this year. We have NO guard play. We make too many turnovers and we cant shoot. Pel's style will work with shooters. Thats why you saw Rakestraw get some minutes against a lesser opponent, UTSA. We'll be a lot better when he gets his guys in here.

soccermom

I have us for maybe 2 SEC road wins this year.  Team seems to always choke in the last 5 minutes of games - LACK OF POINT GUARD!

Most important 2 Possessions = 2 straight turnovers

snoblind

Slow starts in both halves, they shoot great from behind the 3 line, street ball at the end.

I still think they have a chance to be pretty good by March.

soccermom

we will dominate the NIT.

davis01

Totally agree we stink

I12PLAY

akp4105

We are not TALENTED. We are ATHLETIC.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: I12PLAY on December 15, 2007, 05:19:00 pm
we suck
How do you think Kentucky feels after todays loss to UAB.  They really suck.

Pigonometry

Quote from: ballhog on December 15, 2007, 05:05:23 pm
Our free throw shooting stunk and they were cardinal hot from the 3 point line.

I think JP will do a good job.

You are correct!

We won't have any SEC team drop 12 3-pters on us..............
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

soccermom

I saw more leadership, less turnovers and better shooting in the 1st grade girls game I coached this morning. 

PLAYBOAR

We'll be fine.  Stop panicking and let Pelphrey mold Heath's players as best he can.  Rome wasn't built in a day.
Hey Ref, does your wife know you're screwing us?

lcd4444

Our full court press is horrible and ineffective.  All it does is wear us out and gives opponents wide open shots.  We forced maybe 2 to's today via the press.   Very similar to Herrings ineffective blitzing on defense. 

julie

Horrible shot selection in the second half, not to mention it appeared we were trying to build a house with each one, unless it was from 2 feet in. ;)  Nice hustle on defense, though.

ICEman

It only takes .500 ball in the SEC to get to the Big Dance.  We will be alright.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Hes All Man

It's not neccessarily that we suck.  It's just that Pelphrey is trying to run his system with Heath's players, none of whom are fit to really run it.  We don't really have a true "basketball" player either.  Just a bunch of very good athletes.

PIGINAPOKE

Sit the ball hog Ervin..He looked like he was on the playground..Stupid moves..BALLHOG !!
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

I really think it's just going to take time to get Pel's system going.  Let's see if the team isn't rolling come March.  Disappointing? Yes.  I was upset the most that we seemed to give up at the end when the lead went from 3 to 5 to 8 to 10.

And dang, Michael Washington is a stud.  This is the guy that's going to have the best pro career from our team. 

Brand X Hog Fan

You guys are unbelievable! OU played beyond their capability today! It just happened that we were in their arena when they decided to show out. Pango Pango or whatever his name is played an unbelievable game! The Hogs showed great speed at times today and great determination. We saw neither one last year till the last couple games. Give Pel a chance and give these guys a chance to keep "playing in" to the system. We've had enough b!tching the last two years concerning both basketball and football that I just think we, as a board, need to show these new coaches a little patience. Gary Ervin and Steven Hill are not going to change much at this point in their careers so we are stuck with them. Steven is great on defense but he is a liability on offense. So what? Not Pel's fault. Look at the bright side. Look at the improvement in Townes, Washington and Thomas. I say we go 10-6 in the conference and win the west.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

MDH

This group was recruited by Heath for Heath ball.  Pel's doing a good job to get what he gets out of them IMO.  I knew it would be dicey today so I'm not so upset by the loss.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

coach, my back hurts

Quote from: soccermom on December 15, 2007, 05:11:04 pm
I have us for maybe 2 SEC road wins this year.  Team seems to always choke in the last 5 minutes of games - LACK OF POINT GUARD!

Most important 2 Possessions = 2 straight turnovers

Yep.  Good teams dont turn the ball over when they need points.

pignatious

Arkansas has now lost 5 straight to the Sooners. That's just great.
Freedom is never free.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: pignatious on December 15, 2007, 05:57:58 pm
Arkansas has now lost 5 straight to the Sooners. That's just great.

That's what hurts the most. I am beginning to really hate the Sooners more than ever, if that is possible. Their only redeeming quality is they are about the only ones in football or basketball that can challenge Texas perennially in their conference.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

condohog

I thought we played decent minus the dumb turnovers. OU was on fire from three point range especially the one with the shot clock running out. They were making them on fast breaks as well.     

How about Michael Washington! Showed flashes of last year.  Too bad we have to give up the ball all of the time.

I12PLAY

I WILL SAY ONE GOOD THING---IF WE HAD MADE ALL OUR FREE THROWS WE COULD HAVE WON THE GAME.  IF THATS A GOOD THING??  DID WE MAKE 1 DAMN FREE THROW--SERIOUSLY? I DON'T RECALL A MADE FREE THROW AND I DIDNT SEE THE STATS BUT I CAN'T RECALL 1 NOT 1 MADE FREE THROW- I MAY HAVE LOOKED AWAY FOR A MINUTE

kuhog

Quote from: ICEman on December 15, 2007, 05:32:34 pm
It only takes .500 ball in the SEC to get to the Big Dance.  We will be alright.

I respectively disagree. I don't think .500 SEC play will assure an NCAA bid. By seasons end, the SEC may only get 4 teams in the big dance. 5 teams at best. The SEC as a whole hasn't played well in their out of conference games. There have been very few quality wins from the SEC, so when conference play begins, better teams will need to separate themselves from the others. I think an SEC team will need to have a 9-7 conference record with a total of 22 wins to get an NCAA invite.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Pigonometry on December 15, 2007, 05:24:30 pm
You are correct!

We won't have any SEC team drop 12 3-pters on us..............

Tennessee might, but they dont have the inside game that OU does.
Vandy might, but they are a streaky team.   no one else will come close though.   I still say the west is ours to win.  Auburn is terrible, bama and LSU are down.  Ole Miss is undefeated but hasnt played anyone and may be a year away, and Mississippi State has the most talent, but they also just lost to South Alabama
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Modsquad24

thats wrong, if Arkansas wins 20 games overall and they go .500 or better in the SEC they will be in the NCAA Tournament, watch and see.

kuhog

Quote from: Modsquad24 on December 17, 2007, 06:22:50 pm
thats wrong, if Arkansas wins 20 games overall and they go .500 or better in the SEC they will be in the NCAA Tournament, watch and see.

20 wins is no longer the magic number. There are too many mid-major teams deserving of an NCAA bid. Take a look at recent years. A 20 win season doesn't guarantee you post season play anymore. Unless you're in a strong conference. Which, this year, we are not.

jgphillips3

Teams are going to lose.  At least we didn't lose to Gardner-Webb.  We aren't ultra-talented, but we have a decent front line, but no PG to make the engine go.  We should win around 22 or 23 games this year (SEC tournament included), maybe more with a little luck and a game or two in the NCAA tournament.  That would be about what this team SHOULD do.  Don't say they choke though.  They have played tough in every game this year except Providence.  Help is on the way next year.  Just be patient.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: lcd4444 on December 15, 2007, 05:31:32 pm
Our full court press is horrible and ineffective.  All it does is wear us out and gives opponents wide open shots.  We forced maybe 2 to's today via the press.   Very similar to Herrings ineffective blitzing on defense. 

hmm r u serious, hmm before the ou game, we were wearing down every team we played...please tell me your joking, go back to the football thread, leave basketball up to us :D