UDFA signings

Started by ricepig, April 29, 2017, 06:03:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

ricepig

Hatcher-Oakland Raiders

alohawg

Both potentially good fits.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

ricepig

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

SugarHillGaHog

I'm happy for these guys.  Just get in a camp and prove your worth.  You have to have that chance and they got it.  Run with it!

ricepig

Cambridge Hog

Welcome to Americas REAL team: the Patriots!

I hope Bret is learning as much as he can from BB while he has his ear. I want to see him at Pats practice etc.

sickboy

No news on Skipper? Thought he would have been a late round pick.

ricepig

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on April 29, 2017, 06:33:12 pm
Welcome to Americas REAL team: the Patriots!

Lol. Whatever you gotta tell yourself.

ricepig

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

RebelliousHog

Beside Skip who else gets an UDFA?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

RebelliousHog

ricepig

RebelliousHog

Pig_Lebowski

Lol?  Are you a Steelers fan?

Pig_Lebowski

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 29, 2017, 06:49:54 pm
[/quote

Lol?  Are you a Steelers fan?  Because if you are referring to the Cowboys then you and the boys haven't been relevant for 20 years.  Dust off that "manster" jersey and hang out with Luther deranged people like DP.

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on April 29, 2017, 06:03:41 pm
Morgan-Miami Dolphins
I am a Dolphin fan and I hope that their organization can have a plan for Drew Morgan

FANONTHEHILL

Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Pig_Lebowski on April 29, 2017, 08:14:22 pm
Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 29, 2017, 06:49:54 pm

Lol?  Are you a Steelers fan?  Because if you are referring to the Cowboys then you and the boys haven't been relevant for 20 years.  Dust off that "manster" jersey and hang out with Luther deranged people like DP.
If you would like some computer lessons I am available.

ALLVOL

Morgan-Miami Dolphins
Could be a steal for the Dolphins. That kid can ball.

bennyl08

Morgan-Miami Dolphins

Chris Hogan was a very similar UDFA for Miami few years back. Got picked up by the bills and turned that into a contract with the Patriots.

Has 1600 career yards and 10 tds with room to grow.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

longpig

April 29, 2017, 11:18:53 pm #24 Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 11:31:22 pm by longpig
Quote from: bennyl08 on April 29, 2017, 09:46:30 pm
Chris Hogan was a very similar UDFA for Miami few years back. Got picked up by the bills and turned that into a contract with the Patriots.

Has 1600 career yards and 10 tds with room to grow.
How do you figure they're similar?  Hogan entered the league with prototypical speed and size but raw, having one season of college football experience.  Morgan is short and slow with tons of college playing experience.
Don't be scared, be smart.

bennyl08

Quote from: longpig on April 29, 2017, 11:18:53 pm
How do you figure they're similar?  Hogan entered the league with prototypical speed and size but raw, having one season of college football experience.  Morgan is short and slow with tons of college playing experience.

They were both undrafted, both went to Miami, and both have a knack for getting open.

Physically, yeah, he compares to Welker who was unathletic, unwanted, but productive.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hawgXi

Quote from: longpig on April 29, 2017, 11:18:53 pm

Could be the next howard twilley?

bennyl08

Jared Collins picked up by the Chargers.

Greg Gatson was picked up by them several years ago and he was able to go from a part time starter here to being on the practice squad in SD and even making the regular roster and appearing in 2 regular season games.

SD (I refuse to call them the LA chargers) has really struggled with secondary play. Collins led the SEC in pass breakups in 2014 and almost did it again in 2016 if not for Pulley. 34 pbu's over the past 3 seasons for Collins. Ties for 3rd this year and 1st (tied) in 2014.

Chargers bolstered their secondary in this draft with safeties, but corner positions could still be improved.

EDIT: He signed with the Rams, not the chargers. Rams need secondary help too.

FANONTHEHILL

April 30, 2017, 05:15:50 am #28 Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:27:30 am by FANONTHEHILL
On his Twitter account, former Oline GA and current Texas State OL Coach Eric Mateos is giving congratulations to Skipper for signing with the Cowboys.  Has anyone heard this anywhere else?
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

HogZombie

Otha Peters, LB, Louisiana-Lafayette to Seattle.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: HogZombie on April 30, 2017, 06:10:57 am
Good for him. I wish he had stayed on the hill.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on April 30, 2017, 05:15:50 am
On his Twitter account, former Oline GA and current Texas State OL Coach Eric Mateos is giving congratulations to Skipper for signing with the Cowboys.  Has anyone heard this anywhere else?

I did read a tweet from an NFL guy that said Cowboys felt good about there chances at signing Skipper

ICEman

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 30, 2017, 08:12:01 am
I did read a tweet from an NFL guy that said Cowboys felt good about there chances at signing Skipper
Dan "Too-Tall" Skipper!
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

WilsonHog

Still haven't seen anything official on Dan. I did read that Gil Brandt has Brooks Ellis as the third-best unsigned linebacker.

ricepig

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 30, 2017, 09:57:20 am
Still haven't seen anything official on Dan. I did read that Gil Brandt has Brooks Ellis as the third-best unsigned linebacker.

Brooks has signed, but the team signing him wishes to put out the info.

longpig

Quote from: HogZombie on April 30, 2017, 06:10:57 am

Will Hines to Atlanta, supposedly.

Don't be scared, be smart.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: elksnort on April 29, 2017, 08:15:33 pm
I am a Dolphin fan and I hope that their organization can have a plan for Drew Morgan

They had a couple of very good years production from Brian Hartline, would be cool to see Morgan have the same opportunity.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 30, 2017, 09:57:20 am

His wiki page says New England but of course that is wiki  :D

jjdlc

Quote from: k.c.hawg on April 30, 2017, 10:13:31 am
They had a couple of very good years production from Brian Hartline, would be cool to see Morgan have the same opportunity.

Morgan is a baller.  Sure, he is not going to outrun anyone, but he IS going to get open, and IS going to catch anything remotely in his vicinity.  I will not be surprised at all for him to make a team and have a decent career in the NFL.

ricepig

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hawgar The Horrible

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 30, 2017, 12:43:18 pm
They should be renamed the Gillette Razor-backs.
I'll allow it. It's thin(some might say razor) but I'll allow it.

ur

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on April 30, 2017, 01:39:03 pm
I'll allow it. It's thin(some might say razor) but I'll allow it.

Stop it.  You're gonna make me schick.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hogtimes

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 30, 2017, 12:22:54 am
They were both undrafted, both went to Miami, and both have a knack for getting open.

Physically, yeah, he compares to Welker who was unathletic, unwanted, but productive.

Welker was very athletic......IMO much faster and quicker than  Morgan.    Personally I do not see much similarity as  players

HogHomer

Quote from: Hogtimes on April 30, 2017, 03:31:09 pm
Welker was very athletic......IMO much faster and quicker than  Morgan.    Personally I do not see much similarity as  players
Faster yes but more athletic than Morgan? Their 3 cone and shuttle drill are pretty similar their vert was identical. As to playing styles they both get open with their routes and understanding of zone concepts. Yes Weller is faster than Morgan but he's still a low 4.6 guy he's not out running anyone.

These are the reasons people see so many similarities between Wes and Morgan

bennyl08

Quote from: Hogtimes on April 30, 2017, 03:31:09 pm

Comparing pro days (filling in combine numbers if pro day aren't available)

5'9 195, 4.65 forty, 30" vert, 9'5" broad, 4.01 shuttle, 7.09 3cone
6' 190, 4.62 forty, 30" vert, 9'3" broad, 4.02 shuttle, 6.63 3cone

Based on your post, one would think that the 2nd set of numbers were Welker's. Faster forty, much faster 3cone signifying quickness. However, the 2nd numbers are in fact Morgan's. Taller, faster, and quicker than Welker.

tophawg19

Benny i think his numbers would compare well to guys like Jerry Rice And Steve Largent . Guys who found ways to play and excel at high levels
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins