Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

when the pink slips start being handed out

Started by bigpigpimpin, November 22, 2012, 07:19:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

JLS needs to go, but there are others that need to go first imo. Starting with the offensive line coach, then the secondary coach, and possibly strength and conditioning coach. Tired of seeing our lines get whipped every year. I also feel bad for paul, but he needs to go too. We need a cleansing, and while jls may be looking for a job tomorrow, he sure doesnt need to be on the chopping block first, imo.

grayhawg

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 22, 2012, 07:19:22 pm
JLS needs to go, but there are others that need to go first imo. Starting with the offensive line coach, then the secondary coach, and possibly strength and conditioning coach. Tired of seeing our lines get whipped every year. I also feel bad for paul, but he needs to go too. We need a cleansing, and while jls may be looking for a job tomorrow, he sure doesnt need to be on the chopping block first, imo.
They all need to go, they quit when the drill instructor left.

Choctaw Hog

Don't you think those decisions should be left to the new coach?

BuschHawg

They should be fired immediately after the game and they need to fire everyone at one time and be done with it. They already know their job status so it'll be an easy process.  We need to close this chapter of Razorback football and start the healing process as soon as possible. 

Hogmiser

It needs to go first. I am tired of this Dog and Pony Show!!
Welcome to Hog Country Brett Bielema!! We are Happy to have You as A Hog Brett. Go Hogs and WPS!!

pigbacon

With JLS contract continuing until February, I'm not so sure he isn't just relieved of duty and paid the remainder of his money in due time. I seriously doubt it will be termed "Fired". He will quietly be sent on his way with the announcement of a new coach being the focus of all.

The new head coach will determine the fate of the rest.

idochog

I love Jesus!

Big Daddy

Clean slate even if it means we lose two QBs.

havok

You know when reporters said Bobby Petrino was very hands on in Every aspect of the game and skulked around in practice in every position...  little did we know he was the only coach out there.  Since he left, other than the kickers..not a single position on the field is better or as good as last year.

pigbacon

I am not familiar with the workings inside an NCAA football program. If all coaches were fired immediately (which 99% sure isn't going to happen), who do the players answer to? Who makes sure they attend class, prepare for finals, etc.

I understand there are positions in the AD that are geared for this...but someone in the know please give me some insight what happens during a HC change.

BrianWPS!!

Strength and conditioning coach needs to go. Anyone can see that we look like high school players compared to the size and speed of teams we go up against. Needs to be fired before the next coach gets here

texhog

Quote from: pigbacon on November 22, 2012, 08:00:11 pm
I am not familiar with the workings inside an NCAA football program. If all coaches were fired immediately (which 99% sure isn't going to happen), who do the players answer to? Who makes sure they attend class, prepare for finals, etc.

Surely they could manage to get themselves to class just like all the rest of the student body.

Hawgboy64

Why fire them?  JL should have fraud charges filed against the whole staff for attempting to impersonate a college football coaches.
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

clutch

Quote from: texhog on November 22, 2012, 08:36:28 pm
Surely they could manage to get themselves to class just like all the rest of the student body.

You'd think. Especially since there is probably only about a week or 2 left until Christmas break.

007 License To Squeal

They all need to go.....at the same time.....when the game clock says 00:00.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

hodgehog

Golfer

Quote from: hehawg on November 22, 2012, 08:45:31 pm
  Can you type in complete sentences so people can understand what point your attempting to make?

Thanks
And to make your sentences better.....It is "YOU'RE" not your in the context that you used.

pigbacon

You would think, huh? But surely you know that a good number of these kids came to play football, with class as a "chore" requirement. To think otherwise is being naive.

Sueie

Quote from: idochog on November 22, 2012, 07:50:07 pm
Bobby Allen needs to stay

You are entitled to your opinion just like the rest of us.
BUT do you mind explaining WHY you feel this way?

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Rooster Hogburn

To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

Grunt

With the new coach and his et al, little hope except for Allen and Haynes - yes Haynes.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

baitshop

Allen and Horton will be the only holdovers from this staff....book it....
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

GolfNut57

If they want to maintain the grade requirements for their scholarships they shouldn't need babysitters.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Tim Harris

If you are expecting a public announcement about them being fired you are going to be disappointed.

ChitownHawg

I don't want them fired, but simply go. This season will be punitive enough on their résumé, so no need to fire them.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

rude1

They have all known they were gone by the second game of the season. That pretty much explains the half assed effort we have seen the rest of the season. Can't really blame them for being more interested in planing their next move for themselves and their family than trying to continue to bail water on a ship that was sinking the moment it left the dock.

Sueie

Quote from: baitshop on November 22, 2012, 09:58:30 pm
Allen and Horton will be the only holdovers from this staff....book it....

POSSIBLY sitting in an office doing a "make believe" job.  Neither one of them need to be anywhere near the football team.

Arkfan

QuoteDon't you think those decisions should be left to the new coach?

Instead of Hogville posters?

Are you nuts?

hawgeathawg

I wonder if some folks on this board set such high standards for their own quality of work as they do for our various coaching staffs. I'm as disappointed as the rest of you, but lighten up a little. Better days are ahead.

SoonerInSpringdale

Anyone that ever attempted to coach the defense needs to have their bag packs and a one way ticket out after the game

HF#1

I don't understand how anyone on this staff can justify keeping their jobs.  Allen, Horton, the entire lot needs to go. 

Allen's kids will understand.  We won't lose the commitment of Austin Allen.  If we was going to stray from Arkansas he would have done it already.

If the new guy wants to retain someone then fine, that is his decision.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

NMMIHog

During today's game a crew should be packing up and cleaning out their offices.

flynhog

As hard as this has been on the fans can you imagine how hard this has been on the players?

They deserve the best coaching staff that can be found.  I expect the new coach is going bowling fairly soon.  May be 6 weeks before we know.  May be tonight. 

Im ready either way.  WPS!
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

56Hog

The Arkansan's guide to hiring & firing assistant coaches...

"It's not the will to win, but the will to prepare to win that makes the difference." - Arkansas native son Bear Bryant

"Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated." - former Arkansas coach Lou Holtz

"I wasn't going to be one to stand over my coach's shoulder."  - former Arkansas AD Frank Broyles

"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

OTTER

I would expect little to no movement on assistants until the new coach is hired.  I also expect Horton will be working hard trying to keep the recruits we have committed at this point, just as he did when Nutt left.  Everyone praised what he did then, and now some of you goobers just want to toss him out?  How asinine!  They may all be gone soon enough, or some of them may be kept.  I am glad the new coach will make that decision, and not some of you with rapidly decreasing brain cell counts.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

OTTER

BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Razorbanker$$

Tim Horton and Mark Robinson need to be retained.  Both of these guys are top notch and  need to be a part of the program.

HF#1

Quote from: Razorbanker$$ on November 23, 2012, 11:44:21 am
Tim Horton and Mark Robinson need to be retained.  Both of these guys are top notch and  need to be a part of the program.

How are they top notch?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

WILL CLINTON

Ive seen no one offer a reason for anyone to stay. Conversely there are literally hours.of game tape to support firing each and every one of them.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Hoggish1

Klenakis has already gone.  (He never checked in...)

GalaHawg

Allen needs an office job - give him Jessica's *cough* I mean Nick Holt's job.

trippigs

I too have a soft spot for Horton and Allen. However, nobody stepped up for this team...nobody. So, let the new coach build his staff as he wants.

daprospecta

Quote from: BrianWPS!! on November 22, 2012, 08:09:53 pm
Strength and conditioning coach needs to go. Anyone can see that we look like high school players compared to the size and speed of teams we go up against. Needs to be fired before the next coach gets here
This.  Our D-Line looks fat and slow.  Coach Rock wouldn't have went for that. Hell he made us do running and sit-ups after every practice and that was after we did our team conditioning.

hogfan58

totally clean house including chuckles, keef, quinn and mr. sunshine pumper.
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

Hawgboy64

Let's get rid of Randy Drainwater, Dick Shavers and the rest of Putt Time Sports and make a clean sweep of it.
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

tophawg19

Taver johnson has done a good job with the LB'S considering they are both freshmen both peters and turner have done pretty well as has the DE coach
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

scaldedhog

They should all from the play by play crew the ball boys and girls the Ga's the maintenance crew the team managers the chain gang the ushers, ticket takers, traffic cops,
cheerleaders, pom pom squad, oh and did I mention JEFF F---ing LONG!!!!
Make Arkansas Football great again