Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Glory Days.....

Started by allredhog, October 03, 2017, 08:59:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

allredhog

So I am helping a 14 year old from church with a school project.  After we are done, I show him my Razorback Room.  Too many books, magazines, newspapers, and nick-knacks.  He is admiring my framed 1994 National Championship Sports Illustrated along with my ticket stubs.  He ask about my black and white picture of Fred Marshall throwing a pass on the winning drive in the 1965 Cotton Bowl.  He is even impressed with all of my 1978 Orange Bowl paraphernalia and my framed 2000 Cotton Bowl papers and tickets.  Then he looks at me and says, "when are you going to get something new?"  Out of the mouth of babes.

I am a Razorback fan and I go to all of the home games and 1 or 2 out of town games a year.   I want the Hogs to have success and that means (like him or not) that the coach has success.    And I would like to add something "new" to my Razorback Room before I cannot go to the games anymore!    Still a lot of football left this year so GO HOGS!!  Beat Gamecocks!!
A redhead married a redhead and had redheaded children and all are HOGS!

BigE_23

October 03, 2017, 09:10:52 pm #1 Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 10:20:04 pm by BigE_23
You should've framed your Texas Bowl tickets...They were worth $15.4 million to Jeff Long.

Agreed that there's a lot of football to be played and really I hope we win em all. However, the product we've seen on the field after 5 years leads one to believe that it's going to be a while before you get to add anything of note to your collection.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: BigE_23 on October 03, 2017, 09:10:52 pm
You should've framed your Texas Bowl tickets... They were worth $15.4 million to Jeff Long.

I almost spit out my coffee
This is my non-signature signature.

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

No matter the coach, you hope you are able very soon to add something of major importance to your collection.  Something new that dazzles.  Maybe some of the players could send you a copy of their diplomas.  Thats a start.

allredhog

Quote from: 12247 on October 04, 2017, 08:18:55 pm
No matter the coach, you hope you are able very soon to add something of major importance to your collection.  Something new that dazzles.  Maybe some of the players could send you a copy of their diplomas.  Thats a start.

All I have of my daughter's U of A degrees are pictures!  What I have in mind is my SEC Championship tickets matted with the Arkansas Democrat Gazette front page that says "Arkansas Wins SEC Football Championship"!!  That would make up for the ones that went into the garbage.   While I am proud that players are graduating and have higher GPAs, I know that all you need to graduate are 120 hours and a 2.0  and the NCAA does not give your athletic department anything for an APR higher than 940.   I want a leader with passion for graduations and wins!  I want athletes that want that too! 
GO HOGS!!  Beat Gamecocks!!
A redhead married a redhead and had redheaded children and all are HOGS!

jgphillips3

2006, 2010, 2011...those years has some good stuff.