Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you can't enjoy anything else headed into the football season...

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, August 18, 2017, 08:03:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

The plot thickens at Ole Miss.

Good grief, seems like Hugh Freeze dug that hole pretty deep and it just keeps getting deeper if all of this is true.

Former Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze and disassociated booster Lee Harris, who allegedly gave a recruit cash and free food at his Oxford, Miss., restaurant, called each other at least 200 times between January 2015 and the end of Freeze's tenure last month, according to records reviewed by USA TODAY Sports.

The phone calls included the period in which Harris became a part of the NCAA's investigation into Ole Miss and continued before and after his interview with the NCAA on Nov. 16, 2016, in which he provided information that was determined to be false.

Freeze was not named or deemed culpable in the specific NCAA allegation related to Harris, and it is not publicly known what the two men discussed in the calls. According to Freeze's attorney, W.G. Watkins, Freeze and Harris met by "happenstance" sitting next to each other at church at some point after Harris' alleged violations occurred, formed a relationship and played golf together. Watkins said Freeze never discussed the NCAA case with Harris, which would potentially be a violation of bylaw 10.1 relating to unethical conduct.

"I believe that unequivocally," Watkins said. "One thing Hugh Freeze has done throughout this is not discuss the case with anyone. Part of the problem with NCAA rules is the school can't talk about the case with Hugh Freeze and he can't talk about the case with his coaches or players. He's isolated in all this. That's why I can say categorically he didn't talk about the case."

Harris didn't respond to multiple phone and text messages left by USA TODAY Sports.

In response to a request for comment about the frequency of the communication, Ole Miss athletics director Ross Bjork told USA TODAY Sports: "Our position on the matter and our actions with regards to Lee Harris are clear in our official response."

Frequent communication between the head coach and a booster who allegedly violated NCAA rules, however, raises additional questions about whether Ole Miss administrators sufficiently monitored Freeze's phone calls during his tenure.

The rest of the story:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2017/08/18/hugh-freeze-phone-calls-mississippi-booster-phone-records/580663001/
Go Hogs Go!

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

rljjr

I wonder when Harris disassociated and how many calls took place after that. What importance would the NC-Two-A put on that? Man, football can't get here fast enough.

MuskogeeHogFan

Obviously Ole Miss isn't familiar with the concept of just fessing up when getting caught. They just keep digging a deeper hole.
Go Hogs Go!

Potosihog

razorbackfan86

For a moment I thought we had another injury.

Headhog32

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Dickie V tweeted..."This guy really sounds like a super role model for college athletes . A TOTAL FRAUD !"...

And then the next guys said ... "Ohhh he got roasted baaaabbbbyyyy"...

I LOL'd!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

davglo35

Ole Piss will hopefully crash and burn like we did in 2012.

GO

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on August 18, 2017, 09:55:40 pm
For a moment I thought we had another injury.
I know. I clicked on the thread with my breath held.

oldfart

greenEGnHAWGS

The comments are hilarious. Ol Pissers are trying to act like 200 phone calls in 5 months to a "friend he met in church" is COMPLETELY normal.

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Deep Shoat

I was amused at the Ole Miss fans who think 200 calls over two years is "less than a call a week"...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Headhog32

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on August 18, 2017, 10:50:47 pm
The comments are hilarious. Ol Pissers are trying to act like 200 phone calls in 5 months to a "friend he met in church" is COMPLETELY normal.
ole piss there never gonna be wrong. its always acceptable for the piss fans

Sivad

Sivad

SamBuckhart

What a bunch of squirrels. I hope we bury our foot all the way up. On the football field, of course.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

MrKnowItAll

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/08/19/hugh-freeze-phone-records-houston-massage-recruiting

Former Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze used his work mobile phone to call a number associated with a Houston massage company in December 2016, according to phone records obtained by SI.com through an open records request. A website found by searching for the phone number features photos of women in lingerie and offers to come to the client between the hours of 6 a.m. and 2 a.m. for $180 an hour. According to the site, the company promises "a high level of satisfactory services."

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on August 18, 2017, 10:50:47 pm
Stands to reason when you're trying hard to convince someone you're a "fine, upstanding Christian man".

We humans may eventually invent a robot than can very accurately determine when one is lying.  The martial landscape for both men and women, will drastically change.  The NCAA will have to establish a number and level of lies that they will accept, Politics will be shown up for what it really is and that is usually the most convincing liar with the most convincing staff and network of liars usually wins.  Churches will consolidate as there will not be enough honest folks to keep the doors open on the hundreds of thousands of churches we currently have, or they will double in size cleansing the sinners.  Most of all government agencies will not have nearly enough personnel to operate if forced to fire the liars. 

Every government agency starting from the local community, the volunteer fire department right up to the
United States congress will be forced to drop their favorite slogan which is we are under staffed and under funded.  Head Coaches couldn't deny the fact that they clearly know what is going on within their program.  ADs would be forced to admit that if their HC honestly doesn't know about his program's situation, then he is just too dumb to be the HC anyway and should be fired.

OM is likely going to pay for the sins of the Programs deemed to big to fail.