Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will have the longest NBA career?

Started by jdunhog, January 11, 2017, 02:53:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jdunhog

Hawg Red

MountieDawg

Joe Johnson... Hasn't he played in the NBA 50 years!!!
SEC!

jdunhog

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 11, 2017, 02:56:11 pm
Joe Johnson... Hasn't he played in the NBA 50 years!!!
Isn't funny that some say Malik is the best ever out of arkansas! Joe Johnson is and will be!

Hawg Red

Joe Johnson is in a 3-way tie for 44th all-time in games played with Patrick Ewing and Terry Cummings. If he doesn't miss a regular season game, he'll be somewhere around 35th all-time. If he plays an 82-game season next year, he'll be in the top 20. Not many players have a 16-season career.

MountieDawg

Quote from: jdunhog on January 11, 2017, 03:00:24 pm
Isn't funny that some say Malik is the best ever out of arkansas! Joe Johnson is and will be!

Is Ray Brown the from Arkansas State the best NFL lineman ever?  He played the most games as a lineman in the NFL?  I think 22 seasons...  Joe has played more seasons than Micheal Jordan...
SEC!

jdunhog

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 11, 2017, 03:03:34 pm
Is Ray Brown the from Arkansas State the best NFL lineman ever?  He played the most games as a lineman in the NFL?  I think 22 seasons...  Joe has played more seasons than Micheal Jordan...
So you are saying Malik is better than Joe?

MountieDawg

Quote from: jdunhog on January 11, 2017, 03:16:32 pm
So you are saying Malik is better than Joe?

Way to early to tell... But he is better in college than Joe was in college...
SEC!

I've never heard anyone say Malik is the best player to come out of Arkansas. Maybe highest rated HS recruit, but not best player.

Hawg Red

I'd be surprised if Malik played in one NBA All-Star game, let alone the 7 Joe Johnson has played in. Joe Johnson averaged 20 or more points 5 seasons of his career (while also averaging 4 boards and 5 assists per game).

Malik would be lucky to have a better NBA career than Corliss Williamson.

Hawg Red

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 11, 2017, 03:20:10 pm
Way to early to tell... But he is better in college than Joe was in college...

*better scorer/shooter

Nothing else.

However, longest NBA career doesn't make you a better player. Unless you think that Joe Kleine was better than Michael Jordan.

hawkhawg

He has a long way to go to match the careers of Pippen, moncrief or Joe Johnson.  Pippen is nba royalty.  Moncrief is a razorback and Milwaukee legend (many consider him the greatest razorback and buck)  Joe has proven to be one of the most valuable players of this generation.

MountieDawg

Quote from: hawkhawg on January 11, 2017, 03:40:42 pm
He has a long way to go to match the careers of Pippen, moncrief or Joe Johnson.  Pippen is nba royalty.  Moncrief is a razorback and Milwaukee legend (many consider him the greatest razorback and buck)  Joe has proven to be one of the most valuable players of this generation.

TRUE   Pippen is the gold standard for Arkansans NBA careers... Plus he made a pretty good team manager his first year at UCA! Nobody could fold shirts like Scottie!!!
SEC!