Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 NBA Draft

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, February 07, 2017, 07:13:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Just checked out a couple mock drafts and Moses Kingsley wasn't listed AT ALL! It doesn't surprise me either with the way hes played most of the season. He's slowly worked his way back down the draft charts and has apparently dropped off completely
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

JenksHawg

not many 4th best players on NIT Teams get drafted

Atlhogfan1

http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft

51st

Last updated 2/1 (before the no show at Mizzou)
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

The_Iceman

Regressing under Mike Anderson's coaching. Sad to see.

cardsNhogs

zebradynasty

Moses is playing his way out of the draft. But most of that is on Moses. He isn't playing hard he doesn't seem connected with the offense most nights and his rebounding has been terrible for a player in his position. He just not playing like he's hungry.

I will add that some of the problem is that we are a perimeter team and have no clue on how to feed the ball to the low post. To make things worse Moses is limited in the post and doesn't play well with his back to the goal.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 07, 2017, 11:21:44 am
Kick rocks!! You act is getting old. He progressed last year but he's regressed this year. Hmmm...I guess Mike was a great coach for Kingsley last year but he sucks for Kingsley this year? I guess all of a sudden he forgot how to coach Kingsley. Makes sense to me too.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: zebradynasty on February 07, 2017, 11:30:54 am
Moses is playing his way out of the draft. But most of that is on Moses. He isn't playing hard he doesn't seem connected with the offense most nights and his rebounding has been terrible for a player in his position. He just not playing like he's hungry.

I will add that some of the problem is that we are a perimeter team and have no clue on how to feed the ball to the low post. To make things worse Moses is limited in the post and doesn't play well with his back to the goal.
I keep saying this but the hard heads won't listen. He's not a back to the basket player. If anything he's a face up player. I hate to label him this but it's almost like he's finesse player that shy's away from contact.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: zebradynasty on February 07, 2017, 11:30:54 am

This is on Anderson. Coaches responsibility to get maximum effort from his players. Bench is best motivational tool coach can use and that isn't happening.

razorsharp94

He went from four to 16 ppg.  He went from nowhere to a possibility of being drafted.  He did this with Mike Anderson as a coach.  Don't let the facts get in the way.  Adding two more scorers, losing a pass first point guard, a knock down shooter, and self-motivation have more to do with Kingley's regression than Mike Anderson.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: cardsNhogs on February 07, 2017, 11:41:10 am
This is on Anderson. Coaches responsibility to get maximum effort from his players. Bench is best motivational tool coach can use and that isn't happening.
Oh yeah, I forgot. Everything is on the coach. The player has no responsibility even though he's the one out there playing. At some point that player has to take some accountability, look in the mirror and ask himself am I doing all I can do to help this team. Am I being the best player I can be. Am I playing as hard as I can.

swinesation

It's hard for me to blame it on Mike. It seems clear to me that Moses changed his approach to the game under someone's advice about what he needed to do to attract the NBA's attention. In the process, he's hurt himself rather than helped himself.

In a way, you can't blame him. He's got one chance to make millions of dollars and is probably totally focused on achieving that goal, like most of us would be. But it's turned him into into an unfocused player who is about "me" instead of "team." I don't think he's enjoying himself. His head's not right. I'm sure he's pretty panicky about his future. Unfortunately, he got some bad advice.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: razorsharp94 on February 07, 2017, 11:42:13 am
He went from four to 16 ppg.  He went from nowhere to a possibility of being drafted.  He did this with Mike Anderson as a coach.  Don't let the facts get in the way.  Adding two more scorers, losing a pass first point guard, a knock down shooter, and self-motivation have more to do with Kingley's regression than Mike Anderson.
I'm starting to think he's never played sports before... ???

hogwood

Quote from: razorsharp94 on February 07, 2017, 11:42:13 am

Exactly. Last year people were praising CMA for developing another big man. Now he's a horrible developer because Moses has regressed now that he's playing on a better team with better players?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogwood on February 07, 2017, 12:30:32 pm
Exactly. Last year people were praising CMA for developing another big man. Now he's a horrible developer because Moses has regressed now that he's playing on a better team with better players?
The simple fact is we have more options this year when it comes to scoring. What Moses needs to do is get his big ass down there in the paint and debo some people! Block shot and rebound. That will lead to easy offense on the other end.

zebradynasty

Quote from: cardsNhogs on February 07, 2017, 11:41:10 am

I do not get the impression the Moses thinks he can do whatever he wants or not do it if he wants and still get minutes. He benched him last game when he got that T, sure that gave him 2 fouls but he still could played kept him out the rest of the half. Let me clear up I not saying Moses is just half as it. His intensity isn't where it should be for a senior with draft potential not focused.

Letsroll1200

It's bad when everybody can see that Moses is clearly not playing hard. No way should Moses only have 2 rebounds in a game. 6'10!!!

The_Iceman

Moses has regressed in points, rebounds, steals, and shooting percentage.

If a coach can't sit a kid down and figure out how to improve not only his production, but his on court attitude and effort, then why are we paying Mike and his 3 assistants?

Do they just sit back and say, "well, that's just Moses being Moses, better not say anything or try to coach him."

Moses improved a lot last year credit to Mike. But what's going on can also be fixed by a coach lighting a fire under Moses' butt. The game plan with Moses isn't working, probably because Mike doesn't have much of a game plan.

Hogimus Prime

Durham's graduation has hurt Kingsley the most.  Durham knew when and where tonget MK the ball. All of the guards this year are good but they have a shoot first mentality.

swinesation

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 07, 2017, 03:49:14 pm
Moses has regressed in points, rebounds, steals, and shooting percentage.

If a coach can't sit a kid down and figure out how to improve not only his production, but his on court attitude and effort, then why are we paying Mike and his 3 assistants?

Do they just sit back and say, "well, that's just Moses being Moses, better not say anything or try to coach him."

Moses improved a lot last year credit to Mike. But what's going on can also be fixed by a coach lighting a fire under Moses' butt. The game plan with Moses isn't working, probably because Mike doesn't have much of a game plan.

MA is kinda stuck with Moses, despite the wrong-headed way he is playing. Moses is still so much better than Thompson, who is painfully inadequate on the defensive end. Moses' agility in switching on defense and his overall knowledge of how to operate within the defense is miles beyond Thompson, who is a defensive detriment every time he's on the court. To be honest, I'm concerned if Trey will be able to improve much with his limited athleticism. Could be a problem next year. Hopefully the highly touted freshman Gafford will be able to get close to what Moses is on the defensive end by the time SEC games roll around next season. If not, it won't be pretty.