Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Catharsis Thread

Started by stronguard, October 18, 2009, 08:55:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stronguard

I've held it in long enough.  I've stewed and steamed.  I've cried, cussed, and complained.  I've watched and watched again and the game always ends the same.  Nothing I can do will alter what has been done.  I am a victim of circumstances beyond my control.  I have reached a depth of hopelessness and despair that I have not seen since November of 1998.  I am distraught, and words cannot express the sorrow I feel for a kicker who must surely feel worse than I do.  Nor can words express the hate I feel for the striped demons who haunt my existence.

There is but one way to ease the suffering that I feel.  And that chance is this.  Beat Ole Miss.  It is the only thing that will assuage my grief.  I have faith, I have hope, now let's roll.

BEAT OLE MISS
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Pecos Hog

It's pent up and we're mad.  Lets UNLEASH it on them!!!   No mercy!     RMF!!

earlenehawg

You summed it up,  kill the Rebels!!!!! +1

CowHog

more power to you!!! it is time to move on and destroy HDN and Ole Piss!!!!!!!

happyhawgal

WPS!!
NewDay
NewAttitude
NewIdentity
NewYear

Reaganite

There's a reckoning about to be uncorked on a dork this weekend.

hawgeathawg

Last thing I'm gonna say about the gators.

At first, I bought into the argument that Arkansas had every opportunity to win...(we did, and when this team develops that killer instinct, they will be hard to handle), but we let the game "slip" by.

The common argument is "Well Arkansas got 4 turnovers and didn't score when they had the opportunity, so they don't deserve to win."

So someone please tell me, what did the gators do to deserve a win?

Why should we have to play a perfect game to deserve to win against the gators?

They certainly didn't play the perfect game...multiple turnovers and sacks...we owned the gator offense...

Our team deserved a level playing field and they didn't get it...end of story.

That being said, I'm gonna turn my hate inward for a day or so...then unleash it against the Rebs and TCTWF...

I hope our team is doing the same.

WPS!

Hog Waller

Quote from: Reaganite on October 18, 2009, 09:04:06 pm

+1 for that picture of meyer talking to, or coaching(?), the ref wearing the Gaytor helmet.

stronguard

Quote from: Reaganite on October 18, 2009, 09:04:06 pm

I'd say thats photoshopped, but I really don't think it is.

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

phadedhawg

I'm ready to see our boys run the Rebels out of the stadium.  We gotta unleash the beast in this game!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I bet either Nutty doesn't show, or Ole Miss has the worst outbreak of swine flu in the nation; Either way I think Nutt is working on an out. He's probably got Sexton on the phone with Murray State right now.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

DukeOfPork

I just have a feeling that our guys are going to embarrass Ole Miss on their home field.  We are high in confidence and we've got a chip on our shoulder.

Jevan Snead is going to crap his pants on national TV when our D-line comes after him.  It's going to be a complete trainwreck.

Blinkhog

Lets get drunk yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaa.

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: Blinkhog on October 19, 2009, 02:03:30 am
Lets get drunk yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaa.

Just please don't drive.

My son was hit this morning by a drunk. He's okay but the truck was totaled. The other driver stole his parents car and hit my sons truck head on not 1 minute from his parents house as he was going home.

The scariest phone call I ever did receive. I thank God for being there and keeping them safe from life threatening injuries. He's in the hospital overnight for observation purposes with his mother at his side. Emotional day to say the least. Thank you God for everything. Sorry I didn't want to say anything but my emotions are high. Life can halt in an instant.

Blinkhog

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on October 19, 2009, 02:15:00 am
Just please don't drive.

My son was hit this morning by a drunk. He's okay but the truck was totaled. The other driver stole his parents car and hit my sons truck head on not 1 minute from his parents house as he was going home.

The scariest phone call I ever did receive. I thank God for being there and keeping them safe from life threatening injuries. He's in the hospital overnight for observation purposes with his mother at his side. Emotional day to say the least. Thank you God for everything. Sorry I didn't want to say anything but my emotions are high. Life can halt in an instant.
Never do and never will, its hit home before.

TomasPistola

Quote from: stronguard on October 18, 2009, 08:55:06 pm
I've held it in long enough.  I've stewed and steamed.  I've cried, cussed, and complained.  I've watched and watched again and the game always ends the same.  Nothing I can do will alter what has been done.  I am a victim of circumstances beyond my control.  I have reached a depth of hopelessness and despair that I have not seen since November of 1998.  I am distraught, and words cannot express the sorrow I feel for a kicker who must surely feel worse than I do.  Nor can words express the hate I feel for the striped demons who haunt my existence.

There is but one way to ease the suffering that I feel.  And that chance is this.  Beat Ole Miss.  It is the only thing that will assuage my grief.  I have faith, I have hope, now let's roll.

BEAT OLE MISS

+1 for every person that had to look up the word "Catharsis"
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

HogFansReunited

I already thought we would beat Ole Piss but after the Florida game OM should probably just forfeit.  They are in for a long night because I am sure the Razorbacks will come out with a vengeance and totally dominate them.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

kitshicker

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on October 19, 2009, 02:15:00 am
Just please don't drive.

So very, very happy that your son is ok. Can't imagine getting a phone call like that.

HamShank

I want to bring up one thing I'm not sure anyone has mentioned (I'm working through my catharsis too).

WHY THE HELL DOES TEBOW NEVER GET AN EXCESSIVE CELEBRATION PENALTY CALLED ON HIM?

And I'm not just talking about our game; I'm talking about ALL of their close games where I've seen him as starter.  He will make a 6 yard run for a first down and get up and scream and yell to the crowd and his teammates, pumping his arms.  AJ Green gets called for "looking at the fans," but Tebow gets a first down past mid-field and goes nuts and no flags are EVER thrown.

FATBACKHAWG

You used to many big words for 95% of the posters here.....

GolfnHog

After Saturday my wife is angrier with 7 other individuals than with me. ;D I can live with that.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

DukeOfPork

Quote from: kitshicker on October 19, 2009, 03:36:13 am
So very, very happy that your son is ok. Can't imagine getting a phone call like that.

Yeah, especially since your child is an infant.  That would be REALLY crazy.  ;D

revolution

Run it up, Herman!  Leave no doubt!

kitshicker

Quote from: PorkPariah on October 19, 2009, 09:09:53 am
Yeah, especially since your child is an infant.  That would be REALLY crazy.  ;D

ha....that's actually my granddaughter in the pic. Yeah I'm an old fart... :)

hoggeek

Quote from: TomasPistola on October 19, 2009, 03:12:22 am
+1 for every person that had to look up the word "Catharsis"

Smite away, baby ;)

Pigsknuckles

My guess is that when the OM staff saw the replay, they collectively mumbled "Oh #$&@ (in deference to Lanny  ;)), they will be coming to our house with malice on their mind". I can't wait.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

stronguard

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on October 19, 2009, 04:07:58 pm
My guess is that when the OM staff saw the replay, they collectively mumbled "Oh #$&@ (in deference to Lanny  ;)), they will be coming to our house with malice on their mind". I can't wait.

I'm remeinded of my favorite Tombstone quote.

"Make no mistake, It's not revenge he's after....It's a reckoning"

I need this victory for my soul.