Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking for latest list of Hogs players that have announced they are moving on..

Started by rzrbkman, February 11, 2018, 05:48:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbkman

since seasons end. I'm just asking about those that had eligibility remaining. Thanks!

ricepig

rzrbkman

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

ricepig

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 11, 2018, 07:25:15 pm
We are going to be pretty thin at O-line huh?

Maybe. I think you ideally need 17-18 guys over there for depth, redshirting, development, etc. Returning from last season we have 13. We added 3 in this signing class to bring us to 16 and I wouldn't be surprised to see Dylan Hays moved back to the O-Line. Also, after having watched his film, speed and agility, I'd love to see Nick Fulwider (6-7, 249) moved to the O-Line, R/S him, put some weight on him and groom him as a LT. I think he could be a great blind side tackle in this offense. That would bring us to a total of 18 on the O-Line, but only 6 who have any playing experience.
Go Hogs Go!

oldfart

if fulwider would look into a possible future as an nfl left tackle he should jump at the chance.

Oklahawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 11, 2018, 08:00:43 pm
Maybe. I think you ideally need 17-18 guys over there for depth, redshirting, development, etc. Returning from last season we have 13. We added 3 in this signing class to bring us to 16 and I wouldn't be surprised to see Dylan Hays moved back to the O-Line. Also, after having watched his film, speed and agility, I'd love to see Nick Fulwider (6-7, 249) moved to the O-Line, R/S him, put some weight on him and groom him as a LT. I think he could be a great blind side tackle in this offense. That would bring us to a total of 18 on the O-Line, but only 6 who have any playing experience.

Several on here are hip to the notion of Cantrell bulking into a LT. He has a nasty streak and good feet and hands.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 11, 2018, 07:25:15 pm
We are going to be pretty thin at O-line huh?

Heck no...we are "O-line U"....or is it "Running back U"? Sorry..I can't remember from year to year.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 11, 2018, 09:07:59 pm
Several on here are hip to the notion of Cantrell bulking into a LT. He has a nasty streak and good feet and hands.

I think Cantrell is very athletic but with just 2 years of eligibility remaining a move to LT would require adding another 20-30 lbs and learning new technique for a new position. That's a pretty short time period for him to make a switch and learn to play that particular position at an SEC level. That's one of the reasons that I thought that if you were going to make a position switch with a kid, Fulwider might be the perfect choice. Just based on film and his measurables, along with starting out as Freshman, he has the time and seems to possess the skills, to successfully make the conversion.

If they were going to move Cantrell to anything, I would think it would be an easier and quicker transition to move him to a position like DE that he has already played. There wouldn't be a need for any kind of physical transformation to make that move. Or maybe to LB, though he might need to drop 20-25 lbs to be more effective at that position. But again, it is a position that he has already played at one point so the learning curve might be shorter. JMO
Go Hogs Go!

stahawg

I'm sure there are a few more players to leave for various reasons but I know of a TE that is leaving our roster that hasn't been announced yet.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: stahawg on February 12, 2018, 07:16:37 am
I'm sure there are a few more players to leave for various reasons but I know of a TE that is leaving our roster that hasn't been announced yet.

I can confirm this. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

KlubhouseKonnected

I have been afraid of this.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Expect more names to be released during the spring. This is a new staff with sew schemes. Players are chomping at the bits for an opportunity to prove themselves, especially those that haven't gotten on the field as much as they thought they would. As they work their way through the spring, it will become evident that some players just don't fit what the new regime is wanting. That's just the way it goes
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

carolinahogger

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 11, 2018, 09:11:16 pm
Heck no...we are "O-line U"....or is it "Running back U"? Sorry..I can't remember from year to year.

For the last 1 1/2 seasons we have been Second Half U.

Cotton

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: carolinahogger on February 12, 2018, 11:56:57 am
For the last 1 1/2 seasons we have been Second Half U.
Slight correction....don't you mean Second Half "Swoon" U?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Cotton on February 12, 2018, 11:58:27 am
FOTH's son left to focus on Law School. Cooper.

Yep, the On-The-Hill family seems to have raised a pretty focused young man. I think I hope to never cross swords with him in the future.

hawg1221

I'm thinking Will Gragg.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hawg1221

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 12, 2018, 03:28:08 pm
I hope not!

My first thought is how well does he fit CCM's high speed system. I can't remember, but they were talking about the strengths and weaknesses of the TE's last year. I do not recall what they said, but I was thinking he was one of the slower TE's.

Tusks

With CM having the 2011 Mackey Award winner while at Clemson, if I were a TE I'd at least go through spring ball and see what's what.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

MORAZOR

D Hayes moved back to O end of last season

OneTuskOverTheLine™

With that Winkle kid being a genetically gifted left tackle (left Handed) I wouldn't suggest that. Besides. We signed 3 OT's. I think we're going to see enough improvement with off-season workouts and coaching to feel safe about it, but that's just me obviously.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

AirWarren

Cinco de Hogo

Speaking of Cantrell at left LT and needing more weight, doesn't LT's get matched up with DE and LBer most of the time?  Cantrell has plenty of experience going against those players as a blocking TE.  I think he would do fine his last two years and that gives a youngster a chance to develop naturally instead of being rushed into service.  Jackson better want a starting spot or he might lose it!

swineology

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 12, 2018, 06:10:07 am
I think Cantrell is very athletic but with just 2 years of eligibility remaining a move to LT would require adding another 20-30 lbs and learning new technique for a new position. That's a pretty short time period for him to make a switch and learn to play that particular position at an SEC level. That's one of the reasons that I thought that if you were going to make a position switch with a kid, Fulwider might be the perfect choice. Just based on film and his measurables, along with starting out as Freshman, he has the time and seems to possess the skills, to successfully make the conversion.

If they were going to move Cantrell to anything, I would think it would be an easier and quicker transition to move him to a position like DE that he has already played. There wouldn't be a need for any kind of physical transformation to make that move. Or maybe to LB, though he might need to drop 20-25 lbs to be more effective at that position. But again, it is a position that he has already played at one point so the learning curve might be shorter. JMO

Austin was 270 @TE in 2016, putting on weight isn't a problem for the farm boy

oldfart

austin has been a pretty effective blocker at TE and H back so might not be a big challence to transfer to LT. and then get fulwider to RS to build some muscle and learn the position. for cantrell that might also be a pathway to NFL a la jason peters

texas tush hog

HognotinMemphis

There are going to be at least 4 or 5 more leave because as it stands now, there are 89 or 90 on scholarship. Someone feel free to correct if that number is not current.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ricepig

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 13, 2018, 10:28:07 am
There are going to be at least 4 or 5 more leave because as it stands now, there are 89 or 90 on scholarship. Someone feel free to correct if that number is not current.

That appears to be the best guesstimate by those guessing. My guess, 1 QB, 1 LB, 1-2 WR, possibly 1 S.

Virgil

It's my understanding that he signed with us strictly as a DE and he doesn't want to play on the offensive side of the ball.  Now that's not set in stone but my understanding.   
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

ballinhog

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 12, 2018, 01:35:16 pm
I'm thinking Will Gragg.

Well in the latest video of the team working out, Gragg was in the very front when CCM was talking to the team. Usually when u choose to be up front it seems you're interested. I hope it's not Gragg, O'grady, or Patton. That's the 3 that would be bad to lose

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hawgphat

I don't mean to be insensitive, so I'm not going to ask which of the current roster players may be encouraged to transfer; but do a number of you have definite suspicions as to which ones might be deemed to be "more expendable" in a mandatory paring down of the roster?

Again, I'm NOT asking for names here; I'm reasonably sure that some Hogs players follow HV.  I'm simply wondering how many of you with sharp, incisive insight into the program believe that you already know - beyond any reasonable degree of doubt - which current roster players will end up leaving us in order to reconcile our 85 member roster limitation.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hawgphat on February 16, 2018, 11:43:37 pm
I don't mean to be insensitive, so I'm not going to ask which of the current roster players may be encouraged to transfer; but do a number of you have definite suspicions as to which ones might be deemed to be "more expendable" in a mandatory paring down of the roster?

Again, I'm NOT asking for names here; I'm reasonably sure that some Hogs players follow HV.  I'm simply wondering how many of you with sharp, incisive insight into the program believe that you already know - beyond any reasonable degree of doubt - which current roster players will end up leaving us in order to reconcile our 85 member roster limitation.

The ONLY speculation I care to make is that the ones that don't start fall camp for reasons other than injuries have probably/maybe transferred or quit football for personal reasons.  Other than that there are a couple posters that could say there are _ players that are gone and I would believe them to be close within +/- _ players.

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgphat on February 16, 2018, 11:43:37 pm

I don't know about expendable, but you would think 1 QB, 1 WR, 1 LB, and maybe 1 S would look to move on after spring practice due to their position on the depth chart. It's been stated above that 1 TE has obviously told his feelings on potentially leaving, there's 5 for you.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 11, 2018, 09:07:59 pm

Not a criticism but Cantrell is probably short (6'3) for the LT position, isn't he, which generally requires length to enable the LT to get hands on his opposition first.  Don't know about the length of his arms.

Goes without saying that the edge rushers in today's game that can get their hands on their opponent first, shuck them with ease most of the time.

Snouty

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 11, 2018, 09:11:16 pm
Heck no...we are “O-line U”....or is it “Running back U”? Sorry..I can’t remember from year to year.

I thought we were "Tight End" U under Bielema.  Not going to be under Morris.

hawginbigd1

With the #s crunch there's at least one secondary player that should be helped to find a new home commensurate with his skill level

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: ricepig on February 17, 2018, 09:26:12 am
I don't know about expendable, but you would think 1 QB, 1 WR, 1 LB, and maybe 1 S would look to move on after spring practice due to their position on the depth chart. It's been stated above that 1 TE has obviously told his feelings on potentially leaving, there's 5 for you.

Rice, I can't disagree with your assessment, because I don't know of one name or a specific position where we may see departures.  But I certainly think there will be some, maybe more than a handful.

I played the game and went through more than a few summer practices (against the rules I might add) to understand when the activity is for the betterment of the participants and when the coaches intentions were aimed at gauging the participants commitment to the program.

With that bit of knowledge, the video I've seen of the (winter/spring) workouts the Razorbacks are being put through now appear to have a two-fold purpose.  Certainly to get into better shape, but possibly to see who is committed.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on February 17, 2018, 11:17:36 am
Not a criticism but Cantrell is probably short (6'3) for the LT position, isn't he, which generally requires length to enable the LT to get hands on his opposition first.  Don't know about the length of his arms.

Goes without saying that the edge rushers in today's game that can get their hands on their opponent first, shuck them with ease most of the time.

We have had such a problem at LT, I just want to see the best player there regardless of size.  If 6' 3" gets the job done then so be it.  If 6' 7" proves he is Best then so be it, you play your best players period and don't worry about Prototypical NFL size.

Hawgphat

May I confidently presume that we may not know the final, distilled composition of the Arkansas Razorbacks 2018 football roster until next August?  Will roster adjustments pertinent to the personnel decision making process likely remain in a state of flux until fall camp?