Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dusty Hannahs

Started by Modsquad24, July 04, 2015, 10:00:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Modsquad24

I was just curious what you guys that have seen him play think his role on this team is going to be? I know he can shoot really good, but is he a starter/play a ton of minutes type or a Al Dillard spark plug that averages about 10 min per game type? Thanks.

Deep Shoat

My opinion is that he will not get much playing time because he is a poor defender.  Not quick enough to keep up in the full court.  Probably not quick enough to create his own shot on O, and we aren't likely to run sets to get him open.
All Gas, No Brakes!

jackflash

I seen him play once. In Jonesboro I'm not sure he will start but think he will play more than 10 minutes. Will have to see how good on defense he is.

lefty08

Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 04, 2015, 10:56:46 am
My opinion is that he will not get much playing time because he is a poor defender.  Not quick enough to keep up in the full court.  Probably not quick enough to create his own shot on O, and we aren't likely to run sets to get him open.

Have you seen this kid play?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

sloot

Probably will average about 15 mpg this upcoming season.

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

Hawg Red

I don't think Bell is any better defensively, and is not as good of an all-around shooter, and he certainly played.

Dusty will play. How much? We'll have to see. More than 10 MPG, IMO.

Nipsey Mussle

He might have played 10 mpg or less on last year's team but there is an availability of playing time on this year's squad.

I hope Hannahs can be a consistent 3 point shooter, we are going to need that. I think he will be vital for spacing the floor when Witt/Beard are driving. Our defense and rebounding will be a struggle regardless of whether Hannahs get major minutes or not.

mhuff

choppedporkextrasauce

July 04, 2015, 07:49:56 pm #9 Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 09:25:03 pm by choppedporkextrasauce
Par Bradley says Dusty is far more athletic than he was and Pat is the all time leader in 3pt shots at Arkansas. He believes he will fit in.

Granny

From what I have read I foresee a Davor Rimac role. (no I haven't seen him play but like everyone else have an opinion.  LOL)

popcornhog

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 04, 2015, 03:51:36 pm
I don't think Bell is any better defensively, and is not as good of an all-around shooter, and he certainly played.

Dusty will play. How much? We'll have to see. More than 10 MPG, IMO.

Bell's perimeter D has improved dramatically.
WPS

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: popcornhog on July 04, 2015, 10:49:06 pm
Definitely better than his freshman year. He was completely lost on D that year, our fans never understood his lack of playing time but it should've been crystal clear.

My issue with Bell is that he was wildly inconsistent last season and doesn't have the all around game to make up for his shot not falling.

Hawg Red

Cannot co-sign on "dramatically." Nope. A dramatic improvement on defense would be James Harden this year compared to last.

My point still stands that he and Hannahs are similar defensively, so that won't be a reason why Hannahs doesn't play.

gmarv

well from what I,m reading here,it looks like it gives us another 3 point shooter who can replace bell when hes not on.i don,t see how that can be a bad thing.

k.c.hawg

I see 10-12 minutes per game and 6.5 ppg. I think his ppg will be a result of 12-15 point games along with 3 point games. If Hannahs and Bell can put together some games with 8 3's between them and then one be hot when the other is off I see effective production from them on the perimeter.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

gmarv

Quote from: k.c.hawg on July 05, 2015, 12:31:58 pm
I see 10-12 minutes per game and 6.5 ppg. I think his ppg will be a result of 12-15 point games along with 3 point games. If Hannahs and Bell can put together some games with 8 3's between them and then one be hot when the other is off I see effective production from them on the perimeter.
that's kindof what I,m thinking and if bell should hit upon being consistent game in and game out so much the better.

Lanny

I've seen him play.  Good size for a guard and excellent release and will play as much as he wants.  Will be one of the leading scorers
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

ricepig

Quote from: Lanny on July 05, 2015, 02:48:37 pm
I've seen him play.  Good size for a guard and excellent release and will play as much as he wants.  Will be one of the leading scorers

I'd say that he'll play as much as his defense allows, although he won't be the only one in that category.

poloprince

Quote from: Lanny on July 05, 2015, 02:48:37 pm
$PoLoPrInCe$

Big Nasty 34

I agree with Lanny. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he's a 10+PPG scorer for us. I was impressed with his handles in the red white game last year. I look forward to seeing him play.

TexArkHogFan

I am really looking forward to watching this team play.  With Hannahs, Whitt, Bell and Beard all capable of filling it up on any given night, I don't think we'll see much zone against us and in the past that has been our downfall.  This may well be one of the highest scoring teams we've had in recent history.  Of course, our defense may give up a ton of points also, but I think we'll see some exciting games. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

HoopS

I keep reading doubts about his defense. So what is it that you've seen that he does poorly? Slow feet? Gets caught out of position? Lazy? Just curious because clearly some have doubts and I haven't seen him as much as many of you.

bigred223

He's white, so people assume he's not athletic.

Hogimus Prime

I think DH will come off the bench and get as many or more minutes as Bell.  If MA is going to play a 3 guard lineup then someone outside of Beard and Whitt is going to have to step and be more than a one trick pony, which Bell has been his first three years, so I could see Hannahs being that third guard.

Biggus Piggus

Arkansas's coaches do not view Hannahs as a poor defender, and they believe he is a versatile player who can score from anywhere and play as a combo guard on both ends. They have had him for a year. I bet he comes out looking like a different player.
[CENSORED]!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 06, 2015, 08:06:23 am
Arkansas's coaches do not view Hannahs as a poor defender, and they believe he is a versatile player who can score from anywhere and play as a combo guard on both ends. They have had him for a year. I bet he comes out looking like a different player.
I hope so.  We need some different players.
All Gas, No Brakes!

nwahogfan1

July 06, 2015, 10:06:25 am #27 Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:14:29 am by nwahogfan1
I saw Dusty on TV while at TT and in HS and he will have a role here for sure.  He shoots well and is athletic enough to play in our system.    He will have to play smart which I think that is his strong suit. I hope he doesn't think he is only a 3 pt. shooter and comes off the bench firing but lets the game come to him.  I would love for him to shoot somewhere around 38% from behind the arc and score around 10 PPG.  That would be huge for our team.   We will need to set some picks for him sometimes to get him a good look because he will not be able to create all of his shots particularly if they guard him with a long  and athletic kid.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: k.c.hawg on July 05, 2015, 12:31:58 pm

Now you've gone and done it.  10-12?  Really!   ;)

theFlyingHog

He'll be an important contributor. Not a main producer but a steady producer

Big Nasty 34

I may be wrong, but with our lack of true offensive play makers, I can't see how he's not a main contributor.

lefty08

Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 04, 2015, 02:58:39 pm
Yes, have you?

No I haven't, that's why I asked you. Relax.....
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Mike Irwin

People with real names who don't post on message boards and are known to possess good skills at evaluating basketball talent have told me that Hannahs is much more than just a three point shooter. The notion that he can't play defense and can't create his own shot is bogus according to them. We will find out soon enough.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 10, 2015, 04:43:51 am
People with real names who don't post on message boards and are known to possess good skills at evaluating basketball talent have told me that Hannahs is much more than just a three point shooter. The notion that he can't play defense and can't create his own shot is bogus according to them. We will find out soon enough.

Apparently not soon enough for some. We must know now!
[CENSORED]!

OnTheHillHogFan

Dusty has shown in the last few scrimmages that he is more than just a shooter
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on July 10, 2015, 01:01:57 pm

Good to know. 

bigdaddyhawg

Yeah, I see Bell getting frequently ragged for his weak D, but IMO he didn't stick out more than anybody else that was playing last year at G.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on July 10, 2015, 01:01:57 pm

At this point, we had better hope he's a LOT more than just a shooter!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Arazorbackguy1

I think he'll score 10-12 points.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on July 28, 2015, 02:48:00 pm
I think he'll score 10-12 points.

You guys way, way underestimate Mr. Hannahs.

Mike is going to create an unstoppable offensive juggernaut with Hannahs, Bell, and Whitt firing up threes at near record rates!!

And Moses and (fill in the blank) will be there to mop up the rare misses!!

Now, we will probably need to score 85 or so a game to win games, but we're going to have the shooters to do it.

And they're probably going to have to play 35+ minutes a game, but since we won't be playing much defense, that could work.

BigSexyHog

Let me know when someone just Dusty Hannah.  Until then I am not interested in the young man.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 28, 2015, 02:52:47 pm
You guys way, way underestimate Mr. Hannahs.

Mike is going to create an unstoppable offensive juggernaut with Hannahs, Bell, and Whitt firing up threes at near record rates!!

And Moses and (fill in the blank) will be there to mop up the rare misses!!

Now, we will probably need to score 85 or so a game to win games, but we're going to have the shooters to do it.

And they're probably going to have to play 35+ minutes a game, but since we won't be playing much defense, that could work.

this is close to the best case scenario and who knows maybe it'll workout that way. 

Big Nasty 34

Before the downfall of the team, I thought he would get 8-10 a game. Now, it wouldn't surprise me if he got 14+. He's gonna have plenty of opportunities.

razorhog52

At this rate we may only have 4 players. As Gene Hackman said in Hoosiers, "my teams on the floor."

WarPig88

Biggus Piggus

You ... are wrong across the board. Shock.
[CENSORED]!

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 29, 2015, 11:17:10 am
You ... are wrong across the board. Shock.
"Wrong across the board" means he is actually making progress from his past stupidity opinions. I'm glad he's taking baby steps.

HF#1

I hope he has all the ability some are boasting about in this thread.  We will need it.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

TomBigBeeHog

I was excited to get him. He can possibly earn a starting spot. I certainly expect 15 to 20 min a game and 7 - 10 points. Should be balanced scoring this year. Dusty will get some shots.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Big Nasty 34

This would be a year we wouldn't actually mind teams zoning us with Whitt bell and hannahs out there to bust it