Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas A & M Kickoff

Started by CalicoHog, August 18, 2017, 03:24:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CalicoHog

I know no one will know for sure till closer to time, but looking at the 4th week's schedule, what are the odds of an 11 a.m. kickoff in your opinion?  Trying to figure out if I can fly the day of the game or not....

Headhog32

Quote from: CalicoHog on August 18, 2017, 03:24:32 pm
I know no one will know for sure till closer to time, but looking at the 4th week's schedule, what are the odds of an 11 a.m. kickoff in your opinion?  Trying to figure out if I can fly the day of the game or not....
I would have to guess that this game would be no earlier than 2;30. this is almost always a night game

HotlantaHog

There are not a lot of great SEC games that day ... Arkansas Texas A&M and Georgia Mississippi State are probably the best games ... I would guess CBS would pick one of them as the afternoon game and the other would go to ESPN at night ... along with maybe Florida Kentucky at night on SEC Network ... I don't see much likelihood it would be a morning start.

Next1_04

Who are we kidding, College Gameday will be there 6:30 Prime Time of course.

Sed76

Just hope it isn't the really late kick off like it was last year. Didn't start til almost 9.

rhames

Zero

If we take care if business against TCU and A&M does against ucla if will be the 2:30 CBS game IMO.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Tusks

They've played this game...what 12 times in Dallas?  Has it ever been earlier than 2:30 central?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

Quote from: tusked on August 21, 2017, 01:43:20 pm
They've played this game...what 12 times in Dallas?  Has it ever been earlier than 2:30 central?

Half that many.

rhames

Quote from: tusked on August 21, 2017, 01:43:20 pm

Yes. 2011

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on August 21, 2017, 01:39:34 pm
Zero

If we take care if business against TCU and A&M does against ucla if will be the 2:30 CBS game IMO.

Since CBS usually picks up the Arkansas-Alabama game and the Missouri-Arkansas game, I doubt they'll pick up the A&M game. My guess is it will be a night game on one of the ESPN channels.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Stewhog 11

Quote from: GuvHog on August 21, 2017, 02:36:54 pm
Since CBS usually picks up the Arkansas-Alabama game and the Missouri-Arkansas game, I doubt they'll pick up the A&M game. My guess is it will be a night game on one of the ESPN channels.

Arkansas-Alabama hasn't been on CBS since 2012

ricepig

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on August 21, 2017, 05:35:30 pm
Arkansas-Alabama hasn't been on CBS since 2012

Don't confuse Guv with facts.....

Beantown Razahback

Quote from: rhames on August 21, 2017, 01:50:54 pm

Yes. 2011

2012 was also 11am, but that was the year in College Station. We got the morning game after we lost to ULM.

rhames

Oh Guv

Locutus_of_Boar

I'm guessing late night 8 PM or 9 PM following either the UGa. MSU or SU-LSU on ESPN networks.

9/23 - TBD   (17) Florida   Kentucky - CBS 2:30

9/23 - TBD   Syracuse   (13) LSU - ESPN 5PM
9/23 - TBD   Miss St   (15) Georgia ESPN2/U 6:00
9/23 - TBD   Arkansas   Texas A&M   - ESPN/U 8/9PM

9/23 - TBD   (1) Alabama   Vanderbilt   - SECN 7:00
9/23 - TBD   (12) Auburn   Missouri   - SECN 4:00
9/23 - TBD   UMass   (25) Tennessee   - SECN Alt 3:00
9/23 - TBD   LA Tech   South Carolina - SECN 11:00

Tusks

Quote from: ricepig on August 21, 2017, 01:45:58 pm
Half that many.

Has it ever been at 11?

I forgot about the 2 played on campus in the middle of the latest streak of playing.  At my age 8 is close enough for 12.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

rhames

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on August 21, 2017, 09:30:15 pm
I'm guessing late night 8 PM or 9 PM following either the UGa. MSU or SU-LSU on ESPN networks.

9/23 - TBD   (17) Florida   Kentucky - CBS 2:30

9/23 - TBD   Syracuse   (13) LSU - ESPN 5PM
9/23 - TBD   Miss St   (15) Georgia ESPN2/U 6:00
9/23 - TBD   Arkansas   Texas A&M   - ESPN/U 8/9PM

9/23 - TBD   (1) Alabama   Vanderbilt   - SECN 7:00
9/23 - TBD   (12) Auburn   Missouri   - SECN 4:00
9/23 - TBD   UMass   (25) Tennessee   - SECN Alt 3:00
9/23 - TBD   LA Tech   South Carolina - SECN 11:00

Florida Kentucky won't be the CBS game

Highly unlikely cbs has Florida 2 weeks in a row. They play Tennessee the week before.

The most likely cbs game will be:

Ark vs A&m (divisional game. If Both teams are undefeated this will get the nod)
Bama vs vandy (cbs can showcase Vandy and get bama too)
Georgia vs Miss State (to me, in my opinion it is the least likely of the 3)

rhames

Quote from: tusked on August 21, 2017, 09:40:23 pm
Has it ever been at 11?

I forgot about the 2 played on campus in the middle of the latest streak of playing.  At my age 8 is close enough for 12.

In 2011 it was an 11am kick off in jerry's world

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on August 22, 2017, 07:23:06 am

Highly unlikely cbs has Florida 2 weeks in a row. They play Tennessee the week before.

Ark vs A&m (divisional game. If Both teams are undefeated this will get the nod)

Has CBS ever picked up the Arkansas-A&M game??

HotlantaHog

Quote from: GuvHog on August 22, 2017, 09:16:00 am

I kind of vaguely recall attending it as a 2:30 game but that may have been when A&M was in the Big 12 and it could have been an ABC game...

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on August 22, 2017, 09:16:00 am

Yes. 2014.

And a totally pointless question for 2017.

Pig Power

Quote from: rhames on August 22, 2017, 07:23:06 am

Agree with you Rhames.....

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on August 22, 2017, 09:32:40 am

Yes. 2014.

And a totally pointless question for 2017.

Like I said, CBS is picking up the TCU-Arkansas game on the 9th. do you honestly see them picking up the A&M-Arkansas game 2 weeks later too?? I don't, I see CBS waiting to see if the Hogs are undefeated going into the Bama game in Tuscaloosa.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on August 22, 2017, 09:44:04 am
Like I said, CBS is picking up the TCU-Arkansas game on the 9th. do you honestly see them picking up the A&M-Arkansas game 2 weeks later too?? I don't, I see CBS waiting to see if the Hogs are undefeated going into the Bama game in Tuscaloosa.

Yes. Yes I do. The fact that you say it won't happen pretty much makes  it a given.

CBS couldn't give 2 craps on waiting to see if arkansas is undefeated for the Alabama game. It doesn't work that way.

Auburn LSU will be the likely cbs game on Oct 14th btw

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on August 22, 2017, 09:48:36 am
Yes. Yes I do. The fact that you say it won't happen pretty much makes  it a given.

CBS couldn't give 2 craps on waiting to see if arkansas is undefeated for the Alabama game. It doesn't work that way.

Auburn LSU will be the likely cbs game on Oct 14th btw

It actually does work that way. The reason CBS hasn't picked up the Arkansas-Bama game in several years is because the Hogs haven't been undefeated going into that game. I believe the last time the Hogs were undefeated when they took the field to play Bama was in 2011.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on August 22, 2017, 09:57:12 am
It actually does work that way. The reason CBS hasn't picked up the Arkansas-Bama game in several years is because the Hogs haven't been undefeated going into that game. I believe the last time the Hogs were undefeated when they took the field to play Bama was in 2011.

Lol. Bama also was the razorbacks first or second sec game. Early in the season and sec games were slim Pickens. Now it's midway through with a lot of other games to pick from.

And no it doesn't work that way. CBS doesn't maneuver their picking of games with the thought of Arkansas being undefeated. Hate to break that to you. CBS probably would prefer to go with a game where one team isn't on a 10 game losing streak against the other team.

People all the time present you with facts and logic but God bless you for still being you Guv.

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on August 22, 2017, 10:03:23 am

Lol. Bama also was the razorbacks first or second sec game. Early in the season and sec games were slim Pickens. Now it's midway through with a lot of other games to pick from.

And no it doesn't work that way. CBS doesn't maneuver their picking of games with the thought of Arkansas being undefeated. Hate to break that to you. CBS probably would prefer to go with a game where one team isn't on a 10 game losing streak against the other team.

People all the time present you with facts and logic but God bless you for still being you Guv.

That's silly. CBS goes for games that bring the high ratings and high TV viewership. That means if Alabama is undefeated and playing an SEC opponent that's also undefeated and ranked in the top 25, there is a 90+% possibility that CBS will pick up that game. Both A&M and Arkansas are currently unranked and even with a win over TCU, the Hogs may not jump into the top 25 by the time they play A&M. However if the Hogs are undefeated when they take the field to play Bama, they will very likely be a ranked team making that game more attractive to CBS.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on August 22, 2017, 10:30:24 am
That's silly. CBS goes for games that bring the high ratings and high TV viewership. That means if Alabama is undefeated and playing an SEC opponent that's also undefeated and ranked in the top 25, there is a 90+% possibility that CBS will pick up that game. Both A&M and Arkansas are currently unranked and even with a win over TCU, the Hogs may not jump into the top 25 by the time they play A&M. However if the Hogs are undefeated when they take the field to play Bama, they will very likely be a ranked team making that game more attractive to CBS.

No one is saying that won't happen if the hogs are undefeated. We are talking about the date of September 23rd correct? The picking of that game has no bearing on what the hogs record will be on October 14th.

I'm saying that CBS isn't going to pass on the aggie vs hog game because of the possibility the razorbacks may be undefeated when they play bama which is what you are saying. It's the argument you went to when you were first proven wrong.

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on August 22, 2017, 10:35:00 am

No one is saying that won't happen if the hogs are undefeated. We are talking about the date of September 23rd correct? The picking of that game has no bearing on what the hogs record will be on October 14th.

I'm saying that CBS isn't going to pass on the aggie vs hog game because of the possibility the razorbacks may be undefeated when they play bama which is what you are saying.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Since CBS is already picking up the TCU-Arkansas game and the Missouri-Arkansas game, they'll be picky about televising a 3rd Hog game and who the Hogs are playing.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on August 22, 2017, 10:44:18 am
That's exactly what I'm saying. Since CBS is already picking up the TCU-Arkansas game and the Missouri-Arkansas game, they'll be picky about televising a 3rd Hog game and who the Hogs are playing.

That isn't what you have been saying at all.

You've literally changed your argument everytime someone said you were wrong.

First it was cbs won't because they always get the bama game. Then it was well cbs never picks the a&m game. Then it was well they wont pick it up because they will wait to see if arkansas is undefeated for the bama game. Now it's because they play tcu 2 weeks before and Missouri the last game and won't want to feature arkansas that many times

So three eyed raven, what game will cbs pick for September 23?

HotlantaHog

Hint: CBS will pick the game it thinks will generate the highest ratings.

rhames

Quote from: HotlantaHog on August 22, 2017, 01:48:58 pm
Hint: CBS will pick the game it thinks will generate the highest ratings.

A big part of it. There are also guidelines they have to follow through out the year to prevent them from showing the same team all the time.

Hoggish1

Agreed.  Florida-KY will be the other at night.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: rhames on August 22, 2017, 02:05:35 pm

A big part of it. There are also guidelines they have to follow through out the year to prevent them from showing the same team all the time.

True, there is a limit on the number of times a single team can be on and a requirement that every team be on once. This probably pushes Alabama Vanderbilt out of consideration because there are a ton more interesting Bama games to choose from during the season.

rhames

Quote from: HotlantaHog on August 22, 2017, 03:23:15 pm
True, there is a limit on the number of times a single team can be on and a requirement that every team be on once. This probably pushes Alabama Vanderbilt out of consideration because there are a ton more interesting Bama games to choose from during the season.

Yeap unless they see it as an oppurintiy to show Vandy. Both miss State and Georgia will most likely have a lose a piece, even if they don't the ARk A&m game has more appeal since it is a divisional game. Especially being at AT&t stadium.

Missouri vs Auburn (sec network imo) and Florida vs Kentucky (ESPN/espn 2/ espn u)  will be night games.

Now if ark loses to TCU our chances go down tremendously.

GuvHog

Exactly. I just don't see CBS televising a 3rd Arkansas game during the regular season unless it's Arkansas-Alabama and both teams are undefeated. I could be wrong though, we'll see.

hogfanmd

There are way too many moving pieces to make a prediction but for the what if I'll play.

Assuming teams undefeated week 4
CBS picks
1. Georgia vs m state.   (UG wound have beaten Notre Dame And Msu would have beaten Lsu
2. If above teams are not undefeated the Florida vs Kentucky
    Florida wound have beaten Michigan.
3.  Arkansas vs T A M if undefeated and the above teams not

HOWEVER very unlikely UF beats Michigan and unlikely that UG and MSU both undefeated.  I think most likely that Arkansas and T A M undefeated of the 3 possibilities.

So highly possible that we get cbs.  If all matchups above have poor records then cbs picks Bama vs vandy.

Week 7

If all teams undefeated cbs will pick
Lsu vs auburn over Alabama vs Arkansas
Most college experts outside the state of Arkansas would anticipate the auburn and lsu game to be the most likely to be close / even match

If Arkansas and Bama undefeated and other teams not then Cbs picks it

With all that said.  I would just like to beat tcu and Then have 2 weeks to pontificate on it.

hawganatic

To answer your question, I don't think I'd take the chance on flying in the same day.  Don't know where you are flying from, but even with a 2:30 game you run the risk of flight delays.  Would hate for you to miss the game because you are sitting in an airport somewhere.

hawganatic

Quote from: HotlantaHog on August 22, 2017, 09:22:46 am
I kind of vaguely recall attending it as a 2:30 game but that may have been when A&M was in the Big 12 and it could have been an ABC game...

Seems like 2010 A&M was the home team and we played under the Big 12 TV package, afternoon ABC game.

We played pretty bad in that game, if I remember correctly.

rzrbkman

I just found an article online from 2014 that states CBS is allowed to select the same team up to 5 times per season.

rhames

Quote from: rzrbkman on August 23, 2017, 01:00:26 pm
I just found an article online from 2014 that states CBS is allowed to select the same team up to 5 times per season.

They are also able to get a 6th time with permission. They did this one year with Bama I believe. Not that arkansas has to worry about that hahaha

woodhog14

Quote from: hawganatic on August 23, 2017, 12:49:59 pm
Seems like 2010 A&M was the home team and we played under the Big 12 TV package, afternoon ABC game.

The 2014 aTm game was a 2:30 CBS game.

hogsanity

Quote from: hawganatic on August 23, 2017, 12:49:59 pm

Hogs won the 2010 game 24-17. I think it was played under the big12 tv deal. The 2009 game was played at night on ESPN. I think the 2011 game was a 11am kickoff, that was the big comeback for the Hogs in the game were JW had a then school record for receiving yards.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawganatic

Quote from: hogsanity on August 23, 2017, 01:30:57 pm
Hogs won the 2010 game 24-17. I think it was played under the big12 tv deal. The 2009 game was played at night on ESPN. I think the 2011 game was a 11am kickoff, that was the big comeback for the Hogs in the game were JW had a then school record for receiving yards.

Yeah, we won in 2010, but we all thought we were going to blow them out.  Seems like I remember us playing really sluggish all game and just not looking very good. 

2011 was definitely a morning game.  I know that because I had to pull a "puke and rally" in a Cowboys port-a-potty at 9:00 that morning.  Stayed out way too late and drank way too much the night before. 

hawganatic

Quote from: woodhog14 on August 23, 2017, 01:23:40 pm
The 2014 aTm game was a 2:30 CBS game.

You're right about 2014.  I was on a plane to Las Vegas that afternoon.  Everybody on the plane was watching the game on their devices.  Entire plane went from cheering and high fiving each other, to dead silence pretty quick.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: rhames on August 22, 2017, 10:49:09 am

That isn't what you have been saying at all.

You've literally changed your argument everytime someone said you were wrong.

First it was cbs won't because they always get the bama game. Then it was well cbs never picks the a&m game. Then it was well they wont pick it up because they will wait to see if arkansas is undefeated for the bama game. Now it's because they play tcu 2 weeks before and Missouri the last game and won't want to feature arkansas that many times

So three eyed raven, what game will cbs pick for September 23?

Guv down.!!! Guv Down.!!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hogsanity

Quote from: GuvHog on August 22, 2017, 04:04:21 pm
Exactly. I just don't see CBS televising a 3rd Arkansas game during the regular season unless it's Arkansas-Alabama and both teams are undefeated. I could be wrong though, we'll see.

Arkansas was on cbs 3 times in 2012 and 2014. In 2014 they were on 3 times coming off a 309 2013 season, and were on back to back weeks against old misses and mizzu. Often a team gets a 3rd or 4th game because of who they are playing not who they are.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

1highhog

Depends on where you live and of course when the game starts, but if it starts at 2:30PM or later and you are close to HS then fly out of there for $69.00 per person taxes included.
HOT-to-DFW
09:45 am - 11:35 am (01 hrs. 50 min) 
Southern Airway Express
Flight: 2229

GuvHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on August 23, 2017, 01:53:39 pm
Guv down.!!! Guv Down.!!!

rhames tends to get a little carried away. I never said CBS never picks the A&M game, I only asked when was the last time it happened and woodhog14 gave me the answer which I appreciate.

Another thing I said, which he totally ignored, is that I could very well be wrong.

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 23, 2017, 02:06:39 pm
Arkansas was on cbs 3 times in 2012 and 2014. In 2014 they were on 3 times coming off a 309 2013 season, and were on back to back weeks against old misses and mizzu. Often a team gets a 3rd or 4th game because of who they are playing not who they are.

I know Alabama-Arkansas was one of the 3 Hog games televised by CBS in 2012 but I'm not sure about 2014.