Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tonight's Game - Does Anyone Else

Started by The NewEra, February 20, 2018, 10:06:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The NewEra

feel the vibe I'm getting about tonight's game?  A packed house on a Tuesday night against our most hated rival in the conference.  The game has a lot on the line and we are actually favored to win.  This has the feel of the mid 90's.  Makes you want to go out and get chicken wings and be ready with an adult beverage.  I'm really looking forward to this game and hope we win by 20.

HognotinMemphis

I am scheduled to be at tonight's game but weather is an issue now. I am flying up and back with a friend but bad weather in LR on return looks likely. May have to watch it from home. Anyone know of a website that gives you flight weather by points of trip?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

The NewEra

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 20, 2018, 10:13:03 am
I am scheduled to be at tonight's game but weather is an issue now. I am flying up and back with a friend but bad weather in LR on return looks likely. May have to watch it from home. Anyone know of a website that gives you flight weather by points of trip?

I hope the weather allows you to make it to the game.  I know you have to be ramped up to be there.

Sorry that I can't help with the flight weather info.

HawgTrough

I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time
WPS

hogfan4lifebaby

Where do people park for free? Is the Baum lot open? It has been years since I've attended a basketball game!

razorback1829

Quote from: hogfan4lifebaby on February 20, 2018, 10:22:21 am
Where do people park for free? Is the Baum lot open? It has been years since I've attended a basketball game!

Best bang for your buck: FHS high school parking lot. $10, a lot of parking.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: The NewEra on February 20, 2018, 10:15:45 am
I hope the weather allows you to make it to the game.  I know you have to be ramped up to be there.

Lol.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

rogersvillemohog

If you have a handicapped sticker you can park in 56 just south of the gardens. Not sure if it's completely open to public or handicapped/lot pass, but that's where I park.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

SemperHawg

HashbrownHumbleFriendsWithPrivateJetsBrag

HognotinMemphis

USChog

I am hyped and will be there with my lady. However, I don't have the warm and fuzzies about the outcome. I think we lose a close one, but that is because Arkansas athletics has conditioned me to think this way.

jgphillips3

Quote from: USChog on February 20, 2018, 01:09:55 pm
I am hyped and will be there with my lady. However, I don't have the warm and fuzzies about the outcome. I think we lose a close one, but that is because Arkansas athletics has conditioned me to think this way.

Being a Razorback fan does sort of induce a mild form of PTSD.

factchecker

non-priority/public parking = free
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogsbeattexas

Driving in from Tulsa here in a few hours.  Don't care if the roads are completely frozen, I will be there.
#WPS

USChog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 20, 2018, 01:15:54 pm
Being a Razorback fan does sort of induce a mild form of PTSD.

That it does...and a mild drinking problem.

HamIAm

You may be looking for something more detailed but this is from the National Weather Service Forecast Discussion

Area Forecast Discussion...UPDATED
National Weather Service Little Rock AR
1142 AM CST Tue Feb 20 2018

.AVIATION...
In the northwest, MVFR conditions will deteriorate to IFR or lower
later today as a slow-moving cold front approaches the region.
Over the central and south, it will vary between MVFR and VFR into
the evening hours, going downhill late tonight as the front moves
in to Arkansas, high moisture streams in ahead of it, and showers
and thunderstorms develop. By sunrise, most areas should see IFR
prevailing.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=LZK&issuedby=LZK&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1

jabber71

You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

ADavisTheGOAT

I'm getting a bad vibe about this game. I think we get blown out at home.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

razobak

Interesting to note: Only twice in the past 16 years (as far back as the archives on ESPN.com go) have we gotten a home game vs. Kentucky during years where we have "good" teams (self-defined as a year where we make the NCAA or NIT tournaments). Those were the '13-'14 seasons (Qualls' dunk) and the '06-'07 season when we had a 14 point lead before UK made a second-half run behind Jodie Meeks and Ramel Bradley to win by 8. We've had home wins vs. UK in other seasons, where we've had a down year but pulled off the upset at home. But marquee games against the Cats at Bud Walton have been few and far between. Looking forward to a rocking BWA tonight!
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

bvillepig

daprospecta

Quote from: razobak on February 20, 2018, 02:22:23 pm
Interesting to note: Only twice in the past 16 years (as far back as the archives on ESPN.com go) have we gotten a home game vs. Kentucky during years where we have "good" teams (self-defined as a year where we make the NCAA or NIT tournaments). Those were the '13-'14 seasons (Qualls' dunk) and the '06-'07 season when we had a 14 point lead before UK made a second-half run behind Jodie Meeks and Ramel Bradley to win by 8. We've had home wins vs. UK in other seasons, where we've had a down year but pulled off the upset at home. But marquee games against the Cats at Bud Walton have been few and far between. Looking forward to a rocking BWA tonight!
I remember that game. I think Meeks put up like 50 points that game.

Polecat

1995 was an awesome game against UK at home on Super Bowl Sunday and Reggie Garrett hit a half court shot just before halftime. I think Scotty hit a long 2 to clinch it in the final seconds of that one as well. Good times
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

razobak

Quote from: daprospecta on February 20, 2018, 03:08:03 pm
I remember that game. I think Meeks put up like 50 points that game.

The game I was referring to, Meeks had like 16 or something. In '09 he scored 45 on us, but we were awful that year.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

99toLife

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on February 20, 2018, 02:12:52 pm
I'm getting a bad vibe about this game. I think we get blown out at home.

Probably are due for a let down, just don't think this is the game to stumble and fall down..

Go Hogs

KlubhouseKonnected

I just can't shake this bad feeling that, after I have read a couple articles mentioning Kentucky's poor 3 pointing shooting %, that they are going to somehow catch fire from range.

Hopefully it's just the trauma of I have accrued being a lifelong Arkansas fan.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

99toLife

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 20, 2018, 03:21:14 pm
I just can't shake this bad feeling that, after I have read a couple articles mentioning Kentucky's poor 3 pointing shooting %, that they are going to somehow catch fire from range.

At least you recognize the potential damage you may have suffered as a life long Hog Fan.  That's a start to recovery.  ;)

hogsmash12

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 20, 2018, 03:21:14 pm

I'm ready with an adult beverage and my spirit is with the Hogs and Hog Nation.  I've been around awhile and I just never get tired of a big game with relevance.  LETS GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!! WOO PIG!!!!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: USChog on February 20, 2018, 01:09:55 pm
How did M'Lady like it?

HognotinMemphis

Nice flight up even though a bit stormy. Fun time and good meal at Hugo's. Showed up at BWA at 6:15 and got to stroll around until almost 8:00. Took our seats and watched an enjoyable 1st half. Wish I had left at halftime.

The 2nd half ruined the entire trip. Will never waste the time and effort to attend another Razorback basketball game as long as Anderson is head coach. Cannot believe that is all we have in year 7 of Anderson.

Flight back to LR that evening was roughest I have ever been on. If it had been another level up of rough, I would have puked. Got home at 12:30.