Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When Pigs Fly

Started by TexArkHogFan, December 09, 2017, 12:49:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TexArkHogFan

There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

26.2Hog

Man, that's really good. Thank you.

DLUXHOG

GREAT article!   WPS!!!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

CattleCorn

Calvin Swine

Good read.  I also find the basketball analogy interesting.  Arkansas has always loved "40 Minutes of Hell"/"Fastest 40 Minutes", why not have the same philosophy in Football?  Arkansas fans have found a relation with speed and athleticism on the BB court, which in turn brought us exciting times and success.  Why has it taken us so long long to adopt that same exciting philosophy in Football?

I think it'll take a couple years before we start seeing #Hammerdown at it's finest but, at that point, even the skeptics will all be on board when success strikes (as it did for Nolan starting in his 2nd year).  After all, we're Arkansas.  It's become our way.  #FullTiltBoogie

pigbacon

Good read. Remember when Bilemna was criticizing this style of play due to player safety?

hogfansince79

Excellent read.

The goal isn't to control the ball, it's to score as much and as quickly as possible.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

KCRazorbackfan

A great read; am really looking forward to what next fall brings with the Hogs.
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

RazorNick

I'm excited to watch all of this play out. WPS!!

razCzar

Gonna love it When Pigs Fly!
The more I learn about all this, the more exciting it gets.
WPS!

HawgwildinMI

HawgTide

Quote from: hogfansince79 on December 09, 2017, 02:56:23 pm
Excellent read.

The goal isn’t to control the ball, it’s to score as much and as quickly as possible.

"You either have speed or you're chasing speed"

Love it. I don't think CBB ever really got this

hawginbigd1

Color me skeptical I don't like the HUNH, and probably won't ever. I see too many times these type teams can't adjust and hold leads. If you want to use it to change pace, I am ok with it, but to make it your main tempo is not sound or team football IMO. It is exciting but I would rather win than lose excitingly. I want my team to be able to let the air out of the ball when needed, and I haven't seen these teams be able to do that effectively to this point. 2014 and 15 with just a bit more success is solid team football to me. Cowboys last season, give me that style offense every time and I am in hog heaven. I love ball control balanced offense, it is the absolute best defense in football.

hawgmasta

Quote from: hogfansince79 on December 09, 2017, 02:56:23 pm
Excellent read.

The goal isn't to control the ball, it's to score as much and as quickly as possible.

This. That sentence made me smile and feel all warm and giddy. Can't wait to have an explosive offense.

AHiD

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 09, 2017, 04:09:19 pm
Color me skeptical I don't like the HUNH, and probably won't ever. I see too many times these type teams our style can't adjust and hold leads. If you want to use it to change pace, I am ok with it, but to make it your main tempo is not sound or team football IMO. It is exciting but I would rather win than lose excitingly. I want my team to be able to let the air out of the ball when needed, and I haven't seen these teams be able to do that effectively to this point. 2014 and 15 with just a bit more success is solid team football to me. Cowboys last season, give me that style offense every time and I am in hog heaven. I love ball control balanced offense, it is the absolute best defense in football.
My name...is Jerruh

Bash

I love ball control balanced offense, it is the absolute best defense in football.

I remember a coach we use to have that believed in that too.
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

jvanhorn

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on December 09, 2017, 04:17:26 pm

Well it will definitely be exciting and fun to watch but, eventually, the defenses will catch up because football is ever changing and the name of the game is continually adjusting.  Remember when the wishbone came out.  It was fun and exciting to watch and everyone said there is no way in hell to stop that.  Well, turns out there was,  The real question is can Morris continually adjust to circumstances and stay ahead of the curve.

007 License To Squeal

Color me skeptical I don't like the HUNH, and probably won't ever. I see too many times these type teams can't adjust and hold leads. If you want to use it to change pace, I am ok with it, but to make it your main tempo is not sound or team football IMO. It is exciting but I would rather win than lose excitingly. I want my team to be able to let the air out of the ball when needed, and I haven't seen these teams be able to do that effectively to this point. 2014 and 15 with just a bit more success is solid team football to me. Cowboys last season, give me that style offense every time and I am in hog heaven. I love ball control balanced offense, it is the absolute best defense in football.

It seems to me that a solid defense will relieve your worries. 
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

FutureMan

Very informative and very encouraging.  Thanks for sharing!
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Hogwop

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on December 09, 2017, 04:39:52 pm
It seems to me that a solid defense will relieve your worries.
We have one of those?
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Hog N Bama

I think CCM understands the importance of EFFECTIVELY running the ball

NorthDallas40

You all missed the key part of this article which is the key for college offenses. As you read this, think of all of those sacs Allen took this year as he seemingly held the ball again and again for too long.

This is also a simpler system for a QB to use in attacking the defense as there are limited calls and often he's going through simple progressions or fakes before throwing receivers open rather than trying to step through multiple progressions and then having deliver a perfect ball within the narrow window of time and space when the right read presents itself.

Sivad

WhenPigsFly

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Pig Worshipper

This is a good article. Thank you for posting.
We tried Bielema and Big Ten football in the SEC.
It didn't work at Arkansas.
Now we will try Morris and Big 12 / AAC football in the SEC.
Hope it works at Arkansas. I have my doubts.
I would be much more excited if Venables had been named Head Coach and was bringing Chad Morris in as OC.

Broadway Rob

I tend to agree. 

However, one of defensive coaches for Clemson, when Chad Morris was the OC, told about a game against Auburn I think.  He said that his defense had done all it could do and Clemson had the lead with 6 or 7 minutes left. 

The defensive coach was worried to death that Coach Morris would run down and score quickly and his Defense, who was gassed, would have to go back out there. 

He did the exact opposite.  He slowed it down and methodically inched down the field.  Ended up running the entire clock out and the defense never saw the field again. 

I disagreed with the hire, but I'm coming around the more I read articles like this.  I think he'll do well.  How well, remains to be seen. 
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

Hawgzinbowlz

"...The goal isn't to control the ball, it's to score as much and as quickly as possible..."L

Interesting times are in store for DWRRS.

" GO HOGS "

wachhog

Quote from: razCzar on December 09, 2017, 03:16:43 pm
Gonna love it When Pigs Fly!
The more I learn about all this, the more exciting it gets.
WPS!
Maybe Arkansas can put that motto on his helicopter!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Calvin Swine on December 09, 2017, 02:06:53 pm
Good read.  I also find the basketball analogy interesting.  Arkansas has always loved "40 Minutes of Hell"/"Fastest 40 Minutes", why not have the same philosophy in Football?  Arkansas fans have found a relation with speed and athleticism on the BB court, which in turn brought us exciting times and success.  Why has it taken us so long long to adopt that same exciting philosophy in Football?

I think it'll take a couple years before we start seeing #Hammerdown at it's finest but, at that point, even the skeptics will all be on board when success strikes (as it did for Nolan starting in his 2nd year).  After all, we're Arkansas.  It's become our way.  #FullTiltBoogie
I mean, it's Arkansas.. We are known for our speed. Half our fans are Walter White clients .
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

farmhawg

You mean hold those leads like Bret did? I'll take this style, fits our talent better.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!