Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Now you wanna start Brian Wallace

Started by Youngsta71701, October 17, 2017, 02:51:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

???...I'm starting to think that some of us actually do know how to evaluate talent better than some of the coaches on this staff :-\. Just saying...The eyes never lie.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Oklahawg

What also changed last week? New QB.

Do not overlook the likelihood that the veteran QB had comfort issues (ie, yips) with BWall at RT. CK does not and we are now moving forward.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

island hog

Guess you forgot the part of the interview where it was said that Wallace was improving ... maybe he got to the point where he can be counted on.  Another flaming arrow sent from the cheap seats towards the staff...

Roaringboar

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 17, 2017, 02:51:54 pm
???...I'm starting to think that some of us actually do know how to evaluate talent better than some of the coaches on this staff :-\. Just saying...The eyes never lie.

But if you listen to the Bielemers.....they'll tell you Bret has been changing the O-Line and starting new players all year long.........it would be laughable if it wasn't so ridiculous.....
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

onebadrubi

Quote from: island hog on October 17, 2017, 02:53:48 pm
Guess you forgot the part of the interview where it was said that Wallace was improving ... maybe he got to the point where he can be counted on.  Another flaming arrow sent from the cheap seats towards the staff...

Of course he said that, to try and fill in to all the peole wondering WTH he's been doing.  But keep falling for that crap...

DoctorSusscrofa

I really, really wish there was a way to test posters actual real time coaching ability with D1 athletes. It would be facinating to see how quickly they'd start giving excuses for their results.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Oklahawg

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 17, 2017, 03:01:16 pm
I really, really wish there was a way to test posters actual real time coaching ability with D1 athletes. It would be facinating to see how quickly they'd start giving excuses for their results.

Litmus test:

HV account - no college coaching experience. Maybe an overstatement, as there might be someone, but not many.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

island hog

Hope they don't find a loose thread in their sweaters...

thebignasty

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 17, 2017, 03:02:58 pm
Litmus test:

HV account - no college coaching experience. Maybe an overstatement, as there might be someone, but not many.

I was real good at ncaa 08

solitons

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 17, 2017, 02:51:54 pm
+1

twistitup

He started 10 games last year
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 17, 2017, 02:54:57 pm
But if you listen to the Bielemers.....they'll tell you Bret has been changing the O-Line and starting new players all year long.........it would be laughable if it wasn't so ridiculous.....
No no no...Brian Wallace started in game 6 because he has been getting better all year although he started 10 games last year. Yeah yeah yeah, that's it ::).

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 17, 2017, 03:02:58 pm
Litmus test:

How do you know which hogvillians have college coaching experience?

The_Iceman

Two of our 5 best offensive linemen have been on the bench all season: Rogers and Wallace. Trey Biddy has been urging for the Rogers/Ragnow move all season, and looks like he was right. And everyone has wanted Wallace in there. These coaches are incompetent.

Youngsta71701

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 17, 2017, 03:14:52 pm
Two of our 5 best offensive linemen have been on the bench all season: Rogers and Wallace. Trey Biddy has been urging for the Rogers/Ragnow move all season, and looks like he was right. And everyone has wanted Wallace in there. These coaches are incompetent.
Now I would like to see Ragnow at LT and Gibson back at RG.

DeltaBoy

Wallace started 10 games last year and all of sudden he forgot how to play Football.  Bull Hockey He did something to get in Do Right Brets dog house.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Roaringboar

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 17, 2017, 03:13:25 pm
No no no...Brian Wallace started in game 6 because he has been getting better all year although he started 10 games last year. Yeah yeah yeah, that's it ::).

I know.....you've got these guys out there going "But Bert is trying, didn't you see how he's tried everything to improve the O-line"......when this line-up might've been the ideal line-up from day one......It makes NO SENSE that it took Wallace six games to ever see the field......it would be almost, not quite, like Sosa seeing only half the snaps he's seing now........

PorkRinds

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 17, 2017, 03:19:47 pm
Wallace started 10 games last year and all of sudden he forgot how to play Football.  Bull Hockey He did something to get in Do Right Brets dog house.

Sure did. Played like crap.

Roaringboar

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 17, 2017, 03:19:47 pm

Maybe he just didn't suck up to ole Bert enough.......it's clear he plays favorites or Cantrell would see alot less time playing time because he is totally under-performing as our #1 TE right now......

Roaringboar

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 17, 2017, 03:21:53 pm

HAHA, THAT'S FUNNY........You say that like we aren't crap right now......HAHAHAHA

AlmaHog2011

Did you watch any games last year?

AlmaHog2011

Played a lot better than anybody has played there this year? You going to argue that?

Youngsta71701

Played better than any of the linemen have played this year outside of Ragnow.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on October 17, 2017, 03:39:42 pm
Played a lot better than anybody has played there this year? You going to argue that?
Don't worry, he's drunk from drinking the coaches Kool-Aid.

Roaringboar

He won't, neither will the other Bielemers because in their mind Bert is still trying to fix this team.....I just saw one guy in another thread say that our 2-4 team "isn't an awful team"......"they played well enough they could win every game except Bama"......"we're actually a pretty good team"........that's just how blind the Bielemers are to their head hog.......

Seebs

Word is he is moving to Tight End or OLB. You know, the word.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

woodrow hog call

Wait a minute I think I'm behind a little.
Am I supposed to be mad that BW wasn't starting before, or that he is starting now?
I get so confused about what to be upset about.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

onebadrubi

Quote from: Seebs on October 17, 2017, 03:43:27 pm
Word is he is moving to Tight End or OLB. You know, the word.

When did this board change over from moving everyone to MLB?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 17, 2017, 02:53:37 pm
What also changed last week? New QB.

Do not overlook the likelihood that the veteran QB had comfort issues (ie, yips) with BWall at RT. CK does not and we are now moving forward.

I had the yips once. Damn things itch like crazy................went to the doctor and now no problem.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

farmhawg

PR will do anything for brettt.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

onebadrubi

Quote from: farmhawg on October 17, 2017, 04:16:38 pm
PR will do anything for brettt.

You are going to need a bigger yard sign for that brettt

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

al_pigcino

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 17, 2017, 03:41:07 pm
Played better than any of the linemen have played this year outside of Ragnow.
I think people forget we have a pretty good left guard. 

His last season can be summed up like Skipper's.  Skipper could have graded out at 99.99% for his career on blocking but people will always bring up "he has a habit of tripping people".  Habit? How often did it happen? 

ChitownHawg

I'm sorry but it is game 6 of the season. They are still looking for the best five.

You recruited and coached these players. You are shuffling olinemen as if this were game two and you were tweaking the line up.

Problem is this is game 6. Call this a flaming arrow from the cheap seats if you like. I don't have to be a coach to know, if you are still looking for your starting 5 and your QBs are getting killed - the possibility that YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE is very high.

And you don't have to be a coach to know this. Something isn't right with this coaching staff.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 17, 2017, 03:42:36 pm
He won't, neither will the other Bielemers because in their mind Bert is still trying to fix this team.....I just saw one guy in another thread say that our 2-4 team "isn't an awful team"......"they played well enough they could win every game except Bama"......"we're actually a pretty good team"........that's just how blind the Bielemers are to their head hog.......

Is that axe you've been grinding still not sharp? It's comical you just can't bear the thought that...

1) CBB is still liked as a person, and...
2) not EVERY detail of CBBs existence is wrong.

And....queue the...."SUNSHINE PUMPER!!!! Aaaaaauughhhh! Bert sucks and you love him! Aaaaaaaaaaauggghh!!!

#RealisticIsntAlwaysNegative
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

PorkRinds

He did better this game, for sure. I was talking about his overall performance. He wasn't playing in games becuase he wasn't playing in practice. Evidently he's improved.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 17, 2017, 05:16:15 pm
He did better this game, for sure. I was talking about his overall performance. He wasn't playing in games becuase he wasn't playing in practice. Evidently he's improved.

How did he improve if he wasn't playing in practice?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 17, 2017, 05:15:30 pm
Is that axe you've been grinding still not sharp? It's comical you just can't bear the thought that...

1) CBB is still liked as a person, and...
2) not EVERY detail of CBBs existence is wrong.

And....queue the...."SUNSHINE PUMPER!!!! Aaaaaauughhhh! Bert sucks and you love him! Aaaaaaaaaaauggghh!!!

#RealisticIsntAlwaysNegative

I want CBB to leave at the end of the season. I think he is a good man. He gave it his best shot but could not get it done. It happens and this doesn't make him a bad coach. It just means he is not SEC level.

He put out the fire and built a good foundation for us. Just as I was happy with CBP for the wins, I am happy for CBB for stabilizing everything. Whoever takes over will inherit a lot better program than the one CBP left.

It is now time to let someone else take this program to the next level.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: ChitownHawg on October 17, 2017, 05:27:11 pm
I want CBB to leave at the end of the season. I think he is a good man. He gave it his best shot but could not get it done. It happens and this doesn't make him a bad coach. It just means he is not SEC level.

He put out the fire and built a good foundation for us. Just as I was happy with CBP for the wins, I am happy for CBB for stabilizing everything. Whoever takes over will inherit a lot better program than the one CBP left.

It is now time to let someone else take this program to the next level.

I agree. It's time for him to move along. I appreciate his efforts, but he isn't cutting it. "Some" people only come to HV to whine about CBB and yell at those who don't.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 17, 2017, 05:35:16 pm
I agree. It's time for him to move along. I appreciate his efforts, but he isn't cutting it. "Some" people only come to HV to whine about CBB and yell at those who don't.

They think they are cool with their name calling, but it only makes them look classless. We can move into the next phase with some class.

Or as some are doing - be a classless fool.  ;D

Letsroll1200

This staff would rather be right than to win. It didnt take long to see that Clary did not have the strength to compete in the SEC, that Ramirez was not ready, and Gibson is not a tackle. You don't have to be a head coach to see that.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 17, 2017, 05:39:34 pm
How ironic.

Well here is the first dog to yelp. And your avatar makes my point perfectly. Have some class son.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 17, 2017, 05:36:48 pm
FTFY

Perfect timing. Yes, HV is just FILLED with the non-CBB haters who flood every thread negativity is mentioned, right...? Lol

Or is it just ok when y'all do it?

WaltonCollege

Wallace is mediocre, average at best. At times he got manhandled last year, at times he was serviceable.  Either way he can at least get a hand on a defender, C Jackson barely breaks out of his stance and the D-End he was supposed to block is already eating AA for lunch.  Wallace is not perfect but he's the best we have and should have started day one.  The Dutchman is not getting it done either, just seems lost out there, struggles in pass pro, can't perform a simple combo block with Ragnow.  Can't pick up a stunt to save his or AAs life.  Should be:
LT-Ragnow
LG-Merrick/Gibson
C-Rogers
RG-Merrick/Gibson
RT-Wallace

WaltonCollege

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 17, 2017, 05:46:41 pm
My avatar is lacking in class? 
lol

Wait till you see the next one.

your avatar is money dude don't worry about the haters, its hilarious

Bonehog

Did he get fired from NBC news? He is a bit old but hey, SC has that old guy playing for them. He needs to hit the gym first.
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

ChitownHawg

lol

Sad. Try enjoying life son. Go outside and play. Soak in the sun.

There is more to it than a basement, computer, and bag of Cheetos.  ;)

elksnort

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 17, 2017, 03:01:16 pm
So This means that no one should ever criticize congressmen?

MuskogeeHogFan

lol

It isn't classless, but it is typical. And not of you, just typical of everyone that wants Bielema gone and has a different way of expressing that.

I'm done with Bielema in terms of being a HC that will produce a team that can compete on the field with lesser talent, against greater talent. He's a good man and a good person and I like the way he runs the program off the field, but he doesn't seem to be able to get it done on the field. Nothing personal, it's just business. I won't take personal shots at him because aside from on-field production, he hasn't done anything to embarrass the school or the program. But I think that he has been given plenty of time to prove that he can get it done on the field, and he just hasn't excelled at that part of the job.
Go Hogs Go!