Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thomas

Started by b-ball coach, February 06, 2018, 08:04:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

b-ball coach

February 06, 2018, 08:04:43 pm Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 09:19:57 pm by b-ball coach
He is not on the bench, is he dressed tonight?? I just tuned in the second half due to working late, and could have missed something... Gabe has looked great in the 2nd tonight. Correction he was on the bench.

hawgball40

Quote from: b-ball coach on February 06, 2018, 08:04:43 pm
He is not on the bench, is he dressed tonight?? I just tuned in the second half due to working late, and could have missed something... Gabe has looked great in the 2nd tonight.
They showed him on the bench earlier in the first half, he still had his blazer on. I don't think he played at all, but i wouldn't know for sure because i tuned in with about 7 minutes left in the first half.

sadhogfan

He was on the bench; I thought he was dressed out in warmups.

Thomas has had a couple of good games this season, but on the whole, the lack of development of Thomas and Cook as seniors has been a major blow to this team's potential success.

Nickle-Pig

Trying to wear them down why would you not use him at all?
Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

rljjr

We are 2-0 in conference games in which Thomas doesn't play. Just a stat. Don't freak out on it.

Dwight_K_Shrute

As far as Thomas not playing at all, why question it if the team ended up playing one of it's best and cleanest games of the season?

What we know is that while Thomas may not deserve to start based on his on court performance he most likely would still deserve some minutes, but that's just based on what we see watching games a small piece of the whole.  Whoever is questioning the decision is doing so with limited information.

What we don't know:  What is Thomas's hustle like in practice? What is his performance like in practice?  What are his interactions with his teammates like in practice and not during games?  What is his attitude toward coaching and his coaches?  What is his classroom performance and attendance like?  What were the conditions for Thomas's return to the court/team earlier in the year?  Is he still meeting those conditions? 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hobhog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 07, 2018, 08:01:35 am
As far as Thomas not playing at all, why question it if the team ended up playing one of it's best and cleanest games of the season?

What we know is that while Thomas may not deserve to start based on his on court performance he most likely would still deserve some minutes, but that's just based on what we see watching games a small piece of the whole.  Whoever is questioning the decision is doing so with limited information.

What we don't know:  What is Thomas's hustle like in practice? What is his performance like in practice?  What are his interactions with his teammates like in practice and not during games?  What is his attitude toward coaching and his coaches?  What is his classroom performance and attendance like?  What were the conditions for Thomas's return to the court/team earlier in the year?  Is he still meeting those conditions?

All true. But this is February of his senior year. Why all these questions this late in his career? It's also possible MA "just had a gut feeling". It's really hard to understand his substitution patterns.