Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuesday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, March 03, 2015, 09:04:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

returntoglory

I may be a bit behind but who is Willie Sykes? I haven't heard of him. 2015? 16? Fill me in guys.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: returntoglory on March 03, 2015, 09:40:24 am
I may be a bit behind but who is Willie Sykes? I haven't heard of him. 2015? 16? Fill me in guys.

Came on board the week before signing day, kind of out of nowhere.

But looking at that 100 time, we may have found us a safety with true SEC speed!!

BTW, the word on him when he committed was that he LOVED to hit!!

Good combination, huh? Great speed with a desire to crunch folks.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

HOGINTENNESSEE

2015 flipped from Nebraska night before signing day. We offered the weekend before signing day. Friends with Nate Dalton.

Like the post above mentioned. His name came out of nowhere.

justmakeit2thebcs

"Arkansas safety signee Willie Sykes, 6-0, 175, 4.46 of Spring, Texas had a personal best in the 100 meters with time of 10.63 seconds last week. He also runs the 200, 4x100 and the 4x200."
Somebody had to do it   :D

Wildhog

Really want to see Crockett be a Hog.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on March 03, 2015, 10:52:32 am

Really wish these kids at smaller schools could play against better competition, has he looked at NLR??

bigdaddyhawg

In person analysis, or via highlight roll?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

The_Boot_stops_here

Have to believe he'll get the offer...I don't see him continuing to add solid offers w/o Arkansas giving one as well.  Let's go get an out of state stud (such as Whaley) and then add Crockett and call it good

PennHOG

Oliver Twist - 1837   ;)
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Wildhog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 03, 2015, 10:58:04 am
In person analysis, or via highlight roll?

Offers, highlights, and I always pull for Camden kids.

Actually haven't seen him in person.
1909/1964/1965/1977

zane

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on March 03, 2015, 11:01:03 am
Have to believe he'll get the offer...I don't see him continuing to add solid offers w/o Arkansas giving one as well.  Let's go get an out of state stud (such as Whaley) and then add Crockett and call it good

Can't disagree with this
RIP LSUfan

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Wildhog on March 03, 2015, 11:11:19 am
Offers, highlights, and I always pull for Camden kids.

I know things have changed to an extent, but back in the time I was going to high school SWArk, and specifically Camden, produced tons and tons of  talented players. 

Their economic down trending since really changed all that.

I guess you could say the same thing for Hot Springs.  They produced a pile of studs over the years, but not so much anymore.

DoggtownHog

Quote from: ricepig on March 03, 2015, 10:56:43 am
Really wish these kids at smaller schools could play against better competition, has he looked at NLR??
I'll make sure coach gets his tape. Once Bolding is fired/rehired we'll get a place for him to stay lined up.
How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on March 03, 2015, 10:56:43 am
I have a feeling your comments might be made with some sarcasm. LR Christian was the same school our ole buddy Michael Dyer attended. Not a bad league and certainly enough competition to give us a legitimate gauge as to whether or not he can play along with some of the "big boys".

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 03, 2015, 04:20:27 pm
I have a feeling your comments might be made with some sarcasm. LR Christian was the same school our ole buddy Michael Dyer attended. Not a bad league and certainly enough competition to give us a legitimate gauge as to whether or not he can play along with some of the "big boys".

Yeah, but Dyer was as old as a college sophomore......

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 03, 2015, 11:50:01 am
I know things have changed to an extent, but back in the time I was going to high school SWArk, and specifically Camden, produced tons and tons of  talented players. 

Their economic down trending since really changed all that.

I guess you could say the same thing for Hot Springs.  They produced a pile of studs over the years, but not so much anymore.
I know very well about ole Hot Springs. Born and raised and played at HSHS way "back in the day". From time-to-time the Spa City has produced some "horses"; over the years; however, over the past 30 years or so not so much. I know there were several kids who played for the Trojans back around 1969-70 and got schollies from the Hill. One, Jim Brawner, was a pretty decent player who played some limited time with the Hogs. Other than that, however, there haven't been that many. Every once and a while you'll see a kid from Lake Hamilton-I know the young man who played QB at ASU-Phillip Butterworth (?)-several years ago was from the Wolves.

Since the real emergence of Lake Hamilton in the early 70s Hot Springs High has been for the most part pretty much a non factor in football. Same with Lakeside who's never seemed to put many kids out that would be good enough to play even at DII level, much less with the "big boys" in D1. Same goes for Fountain Lake although they've had some pretty "salty" teams over the past ten + years.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on March 03, 2015, 04:23:17 pm
Yeah, but Dyer was as old as a college sophomore......
I certainly realize that, however, he still "attended" (benefit of the doubt) classes at LRC. Heck, some claim he even graduated from there!!  ???

Birminghog

Quote from: PennHOG on March 03, 2015, 11:09:12 am
Oliver Twist - 1837   ;)

Well-played.  Literacy is a good thing.

snoot hoggy hog

http://bit.ly/1BSq4Tn

deedster84

Isn't Kristian Fulton from the same HS as Tolliver?

PaintballHog

Even if we have a good shot at White and Whaley?

Wildhog

Quote from: PaintballHog on March 04, 2015, 06:34:09 am
Even if we have a good shot at White and Whaley?

Very doubtful that we get both of them. 

Crockett's going to have a great offer list before it's all said and done, anyway.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 03, 2015, 04:31:56 pm
I know very well about ole Hot Springs. Born and raised and played at HSHS way "back in the day". From time-to-time the Spa City has produced some "horses"; over the years; however, over the past 30 years or so not so much. I know there were several kids who played for the Trojans back around 1969-70 and got schollies from the Hill. One, Jim Brawner, was a pretty decent player who played some limited time with the Hogs. Other than that, however, there haven't been that many. Every once and a while you'll see a kid from Lake Hamilton-I know the young man who played QB at ASU-Phillip Butterworth (?)-several years ago was from the Wolves.

Since the real emergence of Lake Hamilton in the early 70s Hot Springs High has been for the most part pretty much a non factor in football. Same with Lakeside who's never seemed to put many kids out that would be good enough to play even at DII level, much less with the "big boys" in D1. Same goes for Fountain Lake although they've had some pretty "salty" teams over the past ten + years.

I know a stud OL that came out of Hot Springs years ago, he may very well be reading this thread.... Rumored to have perfected to ol Skipper leg whip.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

rlamb

K Fulton is the one that interest me. Any DB with a 11 interception needs to be a Razorback

PonderinHog