Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Horse collar?

Started by bballjws2004, November 18, 2017, 02:46:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bballjws2004

Looked like the most clear horse collar on Nance to me. Surprising he didn't break his leg on that. Anyone else amazed that wasn't called?

Jeter_1

Quote from: bballjws2004 on November 18, 2017, 02:46:56 pm
Looked like the most clear horse collar on Nance to me. Surprising he didn't break his leg on that. Anyone else amazed that wasn't called?
Blatant.

Andrew Hogfan

Yes!  I haven't seen a replay but I thought it was.
WPS!!!

The Hawg Marshal

PORKULATOR

Curles crew did their job today.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

Y'all remember the targeting call on Randy. 😅😅😅🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂 oh that was a good one.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 18, 2017, 02:57:09 pm
Y'all remember the targeting call on Randy. 😅😅😅🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂 oh that was a good one.
It's almost like the line judge said 7 might have targeted, and curles said no we need to throw out one of their better players
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Tortfeasor

How about the pass that hit the ground with the receivers knee down and they call it a catch and give him the yards after? Or all the blatant holding by the MsSt OL? Or throwing a flag for 12 men when there were only 11? What else am I missing?

Worst crew in all of CFB.

b_stackhouse

I certainly thought it was. And there were 3 refs right there, I kept waiting for one of them to throw a flag. We lined up and went for it so quickly on 4th down, a replay was never shown. Then all the focus shifted to the dumb decision to go for it on 4th down.

BigHog396

It was not... I thought the same based on the way he went down, but slowing down the replay you can see that the defender had him by the back of his jersey/shoulder pads.

Hoggish1

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 18, 2017, 02:51:18 pm
Curles

Yes, and don't you love all the holding calls that weren't called.  Curles is always there when the other SEC team needs him.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Marc Curles should not be allowed to call an Arkansas game. Wasn't he at one time banned from calling our games?
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

b_stackhouse

Quote from: BigHog396 on November 18, 2017, 03:58:05 pm
It was not... I thought the same based on the way he went down, but slowing down the replay you can see that the defender had him by the back of his jersey/shoulder pads.

I know the NFL went to a more strict interpretation of the rule. You no longer have to go inside the back of the jersey for it to be a penalty. If you grad their nameplate on the back, it is now considered the same thing. I guess maybe college doesn't have the same rule?

BigHog396

Quote from: b_stackhouse on November 18, 2017, 04:01:54 pm
I know the NFL went to a more strict interpretation of the rule. You no longer have to go inside the back of the jersey for it to be a penalty. If you grad their nameplate on the back, it is now considered the same thing. I guess maybe college doesn't have the same rule?
Just looked at the rule, and it looks like they did make that change... in that case, it definitely could have been called a horse collar.

b_stackhouse

Quote from: BigHog396 on November 18, 2017, 04:21:27 pm
Just looked at the rule, and it looks like they did make that change... in that case, it definitely could have been called a horse collar.

Watching the Notre Dame/Navy game. They just talked about the rule change for the horse collar rule. It no longer has to be inside the jersey. Would still like the see the replay and get another look.

Captain Hogthrob

The line judge over didn't seem like he was even watching the game. That no catch knee down play was right in front of him and he was oblivious.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hoggish1

Quote from: Tortfeasor on November 18, 2017, 03:00:16 pm
How about the pass that hit the ground with the receivers knee down and they call it a catch and give him the yards after? Or all the blatant holding by the MsSt OL? Or throwing a flag for 12 men when there were only 11? What else am I missing?

Worst crew in all of CFB.

You missed the one that won the game for them that hit the ground and bounced up where the guy could hold it tight against his helmet.  That was a doosy...

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: b_stackhouse on November 18, 2017, 05:29:42 pm
Watching the Notre Dame/Navy game. They just talked about the rule change for the horse collar rule. It no longer has to be inside the jersey. Would still like the see the replay and get another look.

From Tusk Till Dawn

The minute I saw it I thought horsecollar, but they never showed a reverse angle so its a little hard to tell but Nance definitely went down awkwardly

Pigdiana Jones

Yeah he officiating in this game was absolutely terrible. Obvious holds not called, obvious horse collar tackles not called, obvious incomplete passes given to other team. Piss poor officiating at its finest.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

porkurina

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on November 18, 2017, 04:00:52 pm
Marc Curles should not be allowed to call an Arkansas game. Wasn't he at one time banned from calling our games?

I thought so. After what he did to us against Florida that time. I guess it was just a "time out"
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Bacons Rebellion

My thought in the split second heat of the moment was "Horse Collar! First Down! No! Curles!"

ShadowTheHedgehog

Next coach should push for a Curles ban from the get go.

DeltaBoy

The SEC got to can Crules!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogsanity

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 18, 2017, 07:12:11 pm

based on those screen shots it was definitely NOT a horse collar tackle.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: hogsanity on November 18, 2017, 09:55:42 pm
based on those screen shots it was definitely NOT a horse collar tackle.
Thats kinda where I landed, I was looking at it from a more traditional sense (grab the collar) but some mentioned a rules change and that its the name plate.  Its close if thats the case but probably a good no call.

hogsanity

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 18, 2017, 10:01:57 pm
Thats kinda where I landed, I was looking at it from a more traditional sense (grab the collar) but some mentioned a rules change and that its the name plate.  Its close if thats the case but probably a good no call.

you can grab the jersey name plate area as long as you do not pull them down by it. It looks like he grabbed there 1st but then his hand went lower and around the body. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

davglo35

Petrino had Curles banned from our games.