Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Long is out

Started by OtterHog, November 15, 2017, 08:13:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OtterHog

November 15, 2017, 08:13:00 am Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:40:22 am by Scott Marshall
From a source within athletic dept. I don't ever post this kind of crap, so I hope I'm not immediately flamed, but I expect it.

Presser should be imminent.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/jeff-long-out-as-ua-athletics-director/857890374

duckman

PharmacistHog

Quote from: OtterHog™ on November 15, 2017, 08:13:00 am
From a source within athletic dept. I don't ever post this kind of crap, so I hope I'm not immediately flamed, but I expect it.

If you are full of crap somebody really oughta whoop your ass.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

OtterHog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 15, 2017, 08:14:20 am

If I was lied to, I will accept said ass whooping and pass it on to him.

Ex-Trumpet

Hope this is true.

And, I hope it isn't for renovations.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

TrueBlue

He is moving his office to WMS in anticipation of the new renovations.

The NewEra

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 15, 2017, 08:14:20 am

I like that reply :)

OtterHog

Although not shocking, I was also told Bret currently has an alcohol problem that would drop the jaw of even his biggest detractor. This would be as much of a reason for his demise as any win-loss record.

The OTR

Beware of false prophets. 

I don't know this for sure but he may be moving into the bowels of Barnhill arena to (his idea of a bunker) and staying a while with Tom Penders.  There's enough tanning beds over there that he can hide out in those for the foreseeable future and if they can't find him they can't fire him.  All this may blow over when the Hogs beat Mississippi State and Missouri the next two weeks. He's going to come out of that bunker tanned, refreshed, and in need of a shower and some aloe but otherwise no worse for wear and ready to lead the hogs into 2018 and beyond.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: OtterHog™ on November 15, 2017, 08:14:42 am
If I was lied to, I will accept said ass whooping and pass it on to him.

I'll be sure and make it a good one for you to pass along.
Millennials suck...

Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

MissippHog

The fluidity of the situation is dynamic.

hawg1221

I just saw Jeff Long pass me in a Uhaul truck. It must be true.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on November 15, 2017, 08:19:47 am
Beware of false prophets. 

I don't know this for sure but he may be moving into the bowels of Barnhill arena to (his idea of a bunker) and staying a while with Tom Penders.  There's enough tanning beds over there that he can hide out in those for the foreseeable future and if they can't find him they can't fire him.  All this may blow over when the Hogs beat Mississippi State and Missouri the next two weeks. He's going to come out of that bunker tanned, refreshed, and in need of a shower and some aloe but otherwise no worse for wear and ready to lead the hogs into 2018 and beyond.

See, it's the insiders' views like Skandar's that keeps me reading here!  No where else can one get this kind of info!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

porque

Quote from: OtterHog™ on November 15, 2017, 08:19:06 am
Although not shocking, I was also told Bret currently has an alcohol problem that would drop the jaw of even his biggest detractor. This would be as much of a reason for his demise as any win-loss record.

He had that when he got here.

The NewEra

I have a tendency not to believe this solely based on the timing.  It's just a weird time to walk away from the AD job.  Now, if you're fired, that's a different story, since it wouldn't be a timing based on Jeff's choice.

PharmacistHog

Millennials suck...

The Hawg Marshal

Well this certainly has the potential to be a great thread either way.

jkstock04

The homers that have been beating the integrity drum the past few years are going to be brought back to earth when this comes in a wash.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Pork Ranger

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 15, 2017, 08:24:26 am
Well this certainly has the potential to be a great thread either way.

Yep, everyone can move on from Grant Hall now

OtterHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 15, 2017, 08:24:35 am
The homers that have been beating the integrity drum the past few years are going to be brought back to earth when this comes in a wash.

The quote I was given was "If he's not on the practice field, he's drinking" and many stories of "leaving the Ft Smith TD club meeting, stopping to get a fifth of Tito's, and it being gone before we hit Fayetteville"

Cotton

STOP PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS OTTER!!
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

southarkhog06

Not that I necessarily believe this hearsay, but wouldn't that be the most Arkansas thing ever? Make a surprise hire of a seated, winning coach then he goes and develops crippling alcoholism and tanks the team.

Could be that is going on at TAMU also.

ibad

I have heard this as well.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: OtterHog™ on November 15, 2017, 08:25:30 am
The quote I was given was "If he's not on the practice field, he's drinking" and many stories of "leaving the Ft Smith TD club meeting, stopping to get a fifth of Tito's, and it being gone before we hit Fayetteville"

Who is rumored to be driving?

OtterHog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 15, 2017, 08:23:50 am
This really needs to be true.

I've been on this board since the final Nutt days, I've seen enough. Many more posters longer than me for sure, but I've seen my fair share of BS.

I wouldn't start a thread if I wasn't sure. Any that know me off the board would know that. But I understand the sentiment considering all the crap we see here.

Mr. Porkleone

1st falls as long leaves. Opens the door for....

GUS

dfwalumdad

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 15, 2017, 08:31:22 am
1st falls as long leaves. Opens the door for....

GUS

I thought this was gonna be a poem about autumn at first.

OtterHog

OtterHog

I expect one hell of a Dilly Dilly from Delta

jjfmetal11

The Hawg Marshal

Let's take the high road and tread lightly on the alcohol stuff. Dogging the man for his coaching is fair game, but no need to pile on what might be a serious personal issue. We need to be better than that.

DeltaBoy

FYI Jeffery Long  Don't leave mad just, just go away!

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

onebadrubi

Quote from: OtterHog™ on November 15, 2017, 08:27:43 am
I've been on this board since the final Nutt days, I've seen enough. Many more posters longer than me for sure, but I've seen my fair share of BS.

I wouldn't start a thread if I wasn't sure. Any that know me off the board would know that. But I understand the sentiment considering all the crap we see here.

BigK_HogHeaven

I'm not saying he didn't pack up his office, but I don't think for the reason everyone is wishing for. I've heard from multiple people that he's here until January then gone for a job at the NCAA

Mr. Porkleone

MissippHog

Quote from: OtterHog™ on November 15, 2017, 08:27:43 am

Dang man, I hope you're right.  Not because I care if Long stays or goes, but you're going to catch nine kinds of hell if you're wrong.

OtterHog

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 15, 2017, 08:33:18 am
Let's take the high road and tread lightly on the alcohol stuff. Dogging the man for his coaching is fair game, but no need to pile on what might be a serious personal issue. We need to be better than that.

I didn't intend to "pile on" just saying that is as much of a problem to people in power as his losses.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 15, 2017, 08:24:35 am

How bout if this turns out to be true we just celebrate instead of trying to start crap with other posters? Bielema has to go but there were legit arguments both for and against long and some posters are dedicated hog fans and will support the hogs staff no matter what. But from what I've seen when change is made those some folks will get behind the new staff so oughta give them that chance.
Millennials suck...

twistitup

He's moving into a secret office behind a cigarette machine
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: OtterHog™ on November 15, 2017, 08:35:03 am
I didn't intend to "pile on" just saying that is as much of a problem to people in power as his losses.

If it's that much of a problem wouldn't that be cause for termination without a buyout?

dfwalumdad

wouldn't be the first coach brought down by booze at the uofa.

saw eddie sutton wheel into the cabaret on kavanuagh in little rock his last year. he nearly ran his 380sl loaner into the wall of the building, get out stumbling ran into the side of the wall brushing his shoulder nearly knocking himself over, said "excuse me" and walked into the bar and kept drinking.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

OtterHog

Quote from: MissippHog on November 15, 2017, 08:34:52 am
Dang man, I hope you're right.  Not because I care if Long stays or goes, but you're going to catch nine kinds of hell if you're wrong.

I threatened his family before starting this thread. I knew it would end my time here if false.

The_Iceman

Jeff Long to the Pit of Misery.   DILLY DILLY!!!

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: OtterHog™ on November 15, 2017, 08:35:03 am
No you didn't pile on. I'm just afraid how some on here like to take things and run with them. I have no issue with your post at all.

Hoggie17

I have thought that he has a drinking problem for a good while. He facial skin has a reddish color. That is a symptom of excess alcohol consumption.

onebadrubi

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 15, 2017, 08:36:17 am
If it's that much of a problem wouldn't that be cause for termination without a buyout?

Legal systems would probably require you to give them man a chance to get help unless you can prove he was drinking on the job, showing up drunk, or not meeting obligations.  Legal system isn't going to care about W-L record.

EastexHawg

Quote from: ibad on November 15, 2017, 08:27:09 am
I have heard this as well.

I've been hearing it for years.  Apparently it's not a secret around Fayetteville.