Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Football Signees (24)

Started by Tomhog™, February 13, 2013, 12:05:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 15, 2013, 11:30:36 am
Ahh gotcha so their class is almost finished
Yep. Tennessee also has 33 commits so they are going to lose a few of those and I think right now they have 3 that are going to grey shirt. Two are Eric Berry's(Saftey for the Chiefs) twin little brothers. So they will also move down the rankings a little bit once other schools start finishing out their class.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

PorkRinds

Someone please add 3* Cody Hollister to the list!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

WooPig90

BornaHog

Need to add Jared C back too.    WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

VirginiaHog

Dominicanhog

Interesting that we will probably not sign a single player out of Central Arkansas, wonder when the last time that happened was?  Also, only 1 from Florida so far, I expected 4-5 a year, and only 2 from Texas.. times have really changed with this staff when it comes to traditional Arkansas recruiting.

grumpypenguin

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on December 15, 2013, 02:26:43 pm
Yep. Tennessee also has 33 commits so they are going to lose a few of those and I think right now they have 3 that are going to grey shirt. Two are Eric Berry's(Saftey for the Chiefs) twin little brothers. So they will also move down the rankings a little bit once other schools start finishing out their class.

Nah. UT is actually about to exploit some loop holes so they can keep all of those commits.

ldfergu

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 19, 2013, 08:24:53 am
Interesting that we will probably not sign a single player out of Central Arkansas, wonder when the last time that happened was?  Also, only 1 from Florida so far, I expected 4-5 a year, and only 2 from Texas.. times have really changed with this staff when it comes to traditional Arkansas recruiting.

Juan Day you'll understand

HogWildBison2011

VirginiaHog

But look at all the LA recruits. We are doing well down there. wps  :razorback:

Dominicanhog

WooPig90

PorkRinds

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 19, 2013, 08:24:53 am

Since we've never really been a recruiting powerhouse, that may actually be a good thing.

hawgbawb

More commits from Louisiana than Arkansas. That seems odd.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Tim Harris

Quote from: hawgbawb on December 20, 2013, 07:33:19 am
More commits from Louisiana than Arkansas. That seems odd.

This years in state class has less SEC players than normal.

razorsharptusk

We have only one OLB on the list...it seems we need to be signing more than one. What gives?
GO HOGS!!

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: razorsharptusk on December 21, 2013, 09:43:01 am
We have only one OLB on the list...it seems we need to be signing more than one. What gives?
Eugene and Hackett are both OLB. They are both around 215 to 220 now.
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

tophawg19

WHat position is Ravian Pierce set to play ? His size is more geared to WR than TE  . he is only 215 lbs .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 21, 2013, 08:03:42 pm
WHat position is Ravian Pierce set to play ? His size is more geared to WR than TE  . he is only 215 lbs .
TE. That weight is wrong. He is around 230.

welchog

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

grayhawg

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on December 23, 2013, 09:16:45 pm
He hasn't signed yet.
Signed a financial aid letter and enrolls in Jan. All he can do until National signing day.

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: grayhawg on December 23, 2013, 09:21:36 pm
Signed a financial aid letter and enrolls in Jan. All he can do until National signing day.

Right.  Hence, he hasn't signed yet.  Hence, he's only listed as a commitment.

welchog

Arkamedes

Quote from: welchog on December 24, 2013, 02:18:24 am
Is the statement he "signed" binding?

The school is bound by the financial aid agreement but the player is still free to change his mind until the day he actually enrolls.
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: welchog on December 24, 2013, 02:18:24 am
Is the statement he "signed" binding? 

Not to him.  He could still sign elsewhere.

ldfergu

Pretty cool that Rafe has been committed for a year and a half (6/11/12). Rivals (I know, I know) has his 40 at 4.5 which seems pretty solid for a QB. Also benching 290 and squatting 405 which is also impressive for an 18 yo kid.  Glad he enrolls in January. I hope he's the next great hog QB. I think he has it between the ears and he learns the system quicker than most think.

I just hope our coaches can teach the QB position quicker than it appears they can.  Otherwise, we'll be just Hootieing it along with a QB who plays from memory of what he learned in High School.

Tim Harris

Dudley E. Dawson ‏@Dedsports 56s
Arkansas 4-star OL commit Jovan Pruitt has confirmed that he will take no other visits and is solidly pledged to the Razorbacks.

tophawg19

our two lowest rated may turn out to be our most important . both Cody Hollister And Cole Hedlund are 2 star and both have a chance to win starting roles . Cole gives us a chance to keep going without let down from hockers graduation. Hollister gives us a big presence at WR
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

PorkRinds

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 12, 2014, 02:47:17 pm
our two lowest rated may turn out to be our most important . both Cody Hollister And Cole Hedlund are 2 star and both have a chance to win starting roles . Cole gives us a chance to keep going without let down from hockers graduation. Hollister gives us a big presence at WR

Having Hedlund for 4 years could prove to be a very wise investment.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 12, 2014, 02:47:17 pm

To be fair, kickers are usually 2 stars.  The top rated kicker this year, according to Rivals, is a 3 star. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hawginbigd1

Now shouldn't Peavey go to the signed category?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 14, 2014, 01:16:55 pm
Yes I have several to move over.  Will do so this evening.

Good  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hawginbigd1

ldfergu

Looks like we can add K Edwards.  Hearing (on HV) that we could possibly lose two.  Gives us 20 so who will fill the remaining spots?  Will we sign a full class?

Im hoping for:

Cornelius Floyd
Jojo Robinson
Solomon Thomas
Demetrius Jackson
Zack Wary
Best Available..

pigture perfect

Tom, I appreciate your work on here. great job as always.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on January 27, 2014, 10:21:19 am
Looks like we can add K Edwards.  Hearing (on HV) that we could possibly lose two.  Gives us 20 so who will fill the remaining spots?  Will we sign a full class?

Im hoping for:

Cornelius Floyd
Jojo Robinson
Solomon Thomas
Demetrius Jackson
Zack Wary
Best Available..
Who would be the two to loose?

ldfergu

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on January 27, 2014, 03:06:37 pm
Who would be the two to loose?

ahhh the famous loose  :D

On another note, lets get our new guys up there!  Been a great day for RazorbackNation!!!!!!!!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

TNhawgfan

Call me Mr. Obvious, but I notice a lot of LA and FLA kids which really excites me. If BB can somehow get a stronger foothold in TX we will be rolling
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Dropkick

ldfergu

Quote from: Dropkick on January 28, 2014, 09:20:31 am
3 slots left?

3 possibly 4.  Depending if one current commit makes it or not.

Im gonna hope for:  Jojo Robinson, Solomon Thomas, Demetrius Jackson

Would love to get Kenny Young but not sure we're in the cards

ImHogginIt

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on January 28, 2014, 09:34:37 am
3 possibly 4.  Depending if one current commit makes it or not.

Im gonna hope for:  Jojo Robinson, Solomon Thomas, Demetrius Jackson

Would love to get Kenny Young but not sure we're in the cards

Give me the two OL, Thomas and Robinson