Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would you take Houston Nutt back if he was your only choice?

Started by WalHog2018, November 08, 2017, 02:40:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Helmet Hog

no

Not sure what twisted mind could even come up with this.

jkstock04

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 08, 2017, 04:59:33 pm
no

Not sure what twisted mind could even come up with this.
1998-2008 were a hell of a lot better than 2012-present. Houston Nutt would've easily won more games in this span than Bret Bielema.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 08, 2017, 05:06:15 pm
1998-2008 were a hell of a lot better than 2012-present. Houston Nutt would've easily won more games in this span than Bret Bielema.

well, that's not really the point

Ironhawg

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 08, 2017, 02:40:59 pm
We have never won games like this with Brett.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1gAALT5S_i8

Did you not see what he did to Ole Miss in his last coaching job?  If he was named either AD or anything at Arkansas I believe I would have to become an OU fan.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

swineology

rude1

Of course, Nutt by far is the better football coach, the fatman has lost any sort of identity as a football coach. All three phases of the game under his leadership stinks.

HoggyCat

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 08, 2017, 05:06:15 pm

And JLS was equal to this season, actually better with two conference wins, so......
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 08, 2017, 03:52:28 pm
Its called recruiting. He didnt inherit DMAC

DMAC would have come here if if Bielema was the coach. 
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

rude1

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 08, 2017, 05:58:27 pm
DMAC would have come here if if Bielema was the coach. 
Then would have probably found himself in the ole Bret dog house and not seen the field except of course when Bret's back was against the wall.

davglo35

Let's not forget he is a Moron of The Highest Order. He would meddle in the coaching decisions if he was AD and would cause more harm than good. We need a fresh start with a new face.

longtimeHogfan

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Hogvillage Idiot

"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

TebowHater

November 08, 2017, 06:17:50 pm #65 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 06:48:19 pm by TebowHater
The question is not whether this would be good. The question is do you prefer Bret or Nutt. I'll take wins any day and thus Nutt. I'd rather get laughed at nationally for our coach saying "i called that play" than get laughed at for nearly losing to a 1-7 former FCS school that has 4 freshmen and 1 SO on the o-line any day of the week.

Hoggie17

Let's be honest, everyone knows Nutt would be an improvement over BB. As I remember back I can not recall a time that I had no hope like now.

I will be glad when the J Long  BB period ends. .

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: GuvHog on November 08, 2017, 02:52:54 pm
As the AD cheerleader??  Possibly

As the head coach??   No way.

Nutt's chief advantage over Bielema is that instead of a speechless stare when his team did something really stupid Hootie always knew just the right thing to say that convinced everyone the stupidity originated with him.

bob slydell

Wouldn't having no other choice by definition mean that you had to take HDN back?
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

longtimeHogfan

Bobby Petrino or Nutt?  Petrino
Lane Kiffin or Nutt?  Kiffin
Les Miles or Nutt?  Les
Paul Rhoads or Nutt?  Rhoads
Dan Enos or Nutt?  Enos
Johnelle or Nutt?  Johnelle
Insert name here or Nutt?  Insert name here.....
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

WalHog2018

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 08, 2017, 07:01:30 pm
Bobby Petrino or Nutt?  Petrino
Lane Kiffin or Nutt?  Kiffin
Les Miles or Nutt?  Les
Paul Rhoads or Nutt?  Rhoads
Dan Enos or Nutt?  Enos
Johnelle or Nutt?  Johnelle
Insert name here or Nutt?  Insert name here.....

Bret or Nutt? NUTT

ricepig

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 08, 2017, 06:43:02 pm
Nutt's chief advantage over Bielema is that instead of a speechless stare when his team did something really stupid Hootie always knew just the right thing to say that convinced everyone the stupidity originated with him.

I thought he just chewed his fingernails.

1highhog

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

Hoggie17

cj_sez

Rudy Baylor

"Re: Would you take Houston Nutt back if he was your only choice?"

if he was our only choice...

If we walked off of Noah's Ark, and there was no one around except the giraffes and the turkeys, et al?

Yes, we'd be hiring Nutt at that point

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I would take a cardboard box with a wig attached to it and a marker that drew the face over Nutt.

Many of you seem to have forgotten that it wasn't the coaching that created the vitriol.  That only got him exasperation and people being fed up.

It was his lack of integrity, his treatment of the student athletes, his complete mishandling of the Springdale 5 and GM, and his idiotic comments that made people eventually be driven to not being able to stand him.

BB can't be accused of those things.  By all accounts, he takes care of his guys and plays above board.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

secfan30

No... There is a reason he hasn't found a job since Ole Miss

Lady Razorback

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on November 08, 2017, 07:46:27 pm
I would take a cardboard box with a wig attached to it and a marker that drew the face over Nutt.

Many of you seem to have forgotten that it wasn't the coaching that created the vitriol.  That only got him exasperation and people being fed up.

It was his lack of integrity, his treatment of the student athletes, his complete mishandling of the Springdale 5 and GM, and his idiotic comments that made people eventually be driven to not being able to stand him.

BB can't be accused of those things.  By all accounts, he takes care of his guys and plays above board.

Although BB does regularly throw his players under the bus.  Plays favorites, leaving better quality players on the bench for whatever reason you want to claim.  They are both in the same category as far as I am concerned. 

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Lady Razorback on November 08, 2017, 07:49:05 pm
Although BB does regularly throw his players under the bus.  Plays favorites, leaving better quality players on the bench for whatever reason you want to claim.  They are both in the same category as far as I am concerned. 

To each their own.

For every time I see an accusation like yours, I see an explanation from someone else......Many times from people who should know the real situation.

As to throwing players under the bus, when he first arrived, that was motivation and accountability.
Now, bus time.

Don't get me wrong, until last Saturday,  I was all for him staying if MAJOR changes took place, especially along the OL
Now, I don't even want that.  I wish him well, but it simply didn't work out.  Time for all to move on.

However, to compare BB to King Clown outside of W/L is sheer ridiculousness.
Historical revision.

People are also forgetting how the West was much weaker then.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

woodhog14

Lady Razorback

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on November 08, 2017, 07:53:23 pm
To each their own.

For every time I see an accusation like yours, I see an explanation from someone else......Many times from people who should know the real situation.

Yes, to my own.  I have personally heard him throw various players under the bus, including Cole Hedlund, his punter, his offensive line.  I don't hear other coaches talking like that.  I also say that TJ Hammonds is excellent example of someone riding the bench while various other players played ahead of him. 
And, I don't know how you could possibly know who I know.  I promise you I get closer to the field than you. 

JackSalmon

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Lady Razorback on November 08, 2017, 07:58:16 pm
Yes, to my own.  I have personally heard him throw various players under the bus, including Cole Hedlund, his punter, his offensive line.  I don't hear other coaches talking like that.  I also say that TJ Hammonds is excellent example of someone riding the bench while various other players played ahead of him. 
And, I don't know how you could possibly know who I know.  I promise you I get closer to the field than you. 

LOL.
You're delusional.
You have no idea who I am nor I you.

Continue with your jackassery to your hearts desire.
I won't be responding to you any further regarding this subject.
His response to me:

Lady Razorback

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on November 08, 2017, 08:04:19 pm
LOL.
You're delusional.
You have no idea who I am nor I you.

Continue with your jackassery to your hearts desire.
I won't be responding to you any further regarding this subject.

I have not criticized you once in this exchange nor called you names.  I promise you that I am not delusional.  I gave you examples of why I said what I did.  I enjoy talking to you, sorry you don't want to talk back.  And, if a mod wants to PM me on who I am or whom I know, I am happy to answer.  Otherwise I guess we will just have to wonder. 

I may not know who I want for  the HC of the Hogs but I do know who I don't want, Nutt or Bret.  If those are the only choices, please close the doors, shuter down.

Sivad

Not one school in the country will hire Houston Dale Nutt.
They know.
He and his "Nutt Family Posse" need to stay far, far away from our program.
And keep completely away from the geographical borders of the state would be preferable.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: TebowHater on November 08, 2017, 06:17:50 pm
The question is not whether this would be good. The question is do you prefer Bret or Nutt. I'll take wins any day and thus Nutt. I'd rather get laughed at nationally for our coach saying "i called that play" than get laughed at for nearly losing to a 1-7 former FCS school that has 4 freshmen and 1 SO on the o-line any day of the week.

Did you not see what nutt did to ole miss?  He's bout the same as bielema. No thanks to either. Be better off to not have a coach and just let the kids play playground ball.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

JONAS

KennyForAD

KennyForAD

Quote from: GuvHog on November 08, 2017, 02:52:54 pm
As the AD??  Possibly

As the head coach??   No way.

Good one, Guv.  I spewed my drink.   ;D

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 08, 2017, 03:52:28 pm
Its called recruiting. He didnt inherit DMAC

Wait...Nutt had to work hard to bring in the Arkansas boy with "Arkansas Bred", "LR", and "501 Boy" tattoos all over him? Yeah, he probably had to really twist his arm...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Hogimus Prime

Nutt would get killed in the SEC west during CBB's time period.  Nutt coached when the West was weak.  Look at how Ole Miss was his last couple of seasons and that is how Nutt would've done here during this time period.

This reminds me of when people think kindly back upon an ex.  You forget the fact she wrecked your car, hiked up her skirt a couple times, caused you a bunch of drama, blamed you for her problems and took a bunch of your money when she left, but no she looked good with make up on.

KennyForAD

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 08, 2017, 09:21:46 pm
Wait...Nutt had to work hard to bring in the Arkansas boy with "Arkansas Bred", "LR", and "501 Boy" tattoos all over him? Yeah, he probably had to really twist his arm...

No.  McFadden just couldn't get through the fence.

Unnamed Source

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on November 08, 2017, 09:24:33 pm
Nutt would get killed in the SEC west during CBB's time period.  Nutt coached when the West was weak.  Look at how Ole Miss was his last couple of seasons and that is how Nutt would've done here during this time period.

This reminds me of when people think kindly back upon an ex.  You forget the fact she wrecked your car, hiked up her skirt a couple times, caused you a bunch of drama, blamed you for her problems and took a bunch of your money when she left, but no she looked good with make up on.

Nutt sans Matt Jones and DMac would've equated to a worse record than CBB's...IMO of course...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?