Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rachael at Card Services

Started by HawgWild, October 21, 2016, 04:56:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

October 21, 2016, 04:56:02 pm Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 12:24:44 pm by HawgWild
What makes "Rachael at Card Services" think that I would do any business with her after they spoofed my caller ID?

hog.goblin

ricepig

HawgWild

Spoof: hiding one's identity or faking the identity of another caller.

My caller ID said the call was from "Kirklands". I don't answer any call that comes in as "caller unknown" so they make up names to spoof my caller ID. Heck, I've even gotten a call giving my name. My point is who would want to do business with someone that starts out this way?

ricepig

Quote from: HawgWild on October 24, 2016, 12:28:57 pm

My caller ID said the call was from "Kirklands". I don't answer any call that comes in as "caller unknown" so they make up names to spoof my caller ID. Heck, I've even gotten a call giving my name. My point is who would want to do business with someone that starts out this way?

No one, seems rather simple.

HawgWild

Then what's the purpose? To annoy?

cosmodrum

One time I got a call from myself. It was that whore, Rachel.
Go away, batin'

ricepig

Quote from: HawgWild on October 24, 2016, 12:56:21 pm
Then what's the purpose? To annoy?

Why do people get hundreds of spam emails looking for someone to be their "agent" in the USA? Simple, there's a fool born every minute, or so they say.

HawgWild

Dropkick

Quote from: HawgWild on October 24, 2016, 03:07:33 pm
Rachael would never do that!
Well apparently you don't know Rachel like I know Rachel.

HawgWild

I can't vouch for Heather though. She'd rob you blind in a minute!

hog.goblin

Quote from: HawgWild on October 24, 2016, 12:28:57 pm

Ah, the edit helped. 

Yes, I agree.  I don't answer the phone if it's not someone in my contacts already.  And that phone call from your own name?  That really bugs me.  It seems like the phone company should prevent that from happening.

HawgWild

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 24, 2016, 04:19:03 pm
Yes, I agree.  I don't answer the phone if it's not someone in my contacts already.  And that phone call from your own name?  That really bugs me.  It seems like the phone company should prevent that from happening.

I guess it's like those fake links that look legit until you place your cursor and right click on it showing a different web address.

hog.goblin

Quote from: HawgWild on October 24, 2016, 04:23:25 pm
I guess it's like those fake links that look legit until you place your cursor and right click on it showing a different web address.

It amazes me how much time people waste creating some of the email viruses.  I get the money attempts.  I get ransomware (emails that can lead to money).  But so much of it is just garbage viruses.

And yes, Rachel is a whore.

And that IRS guy, "Adam" who sounds eerily Indian threatened to sue me if I didn't pay back taxes.  I told him to "bring it on sucker" and he hung up on me.  How rude.

HawgWild

Adam hung up on me after I told him I was an attorney and looked forward to our meeting at the courthouse. I told the guy that called to say my Windows pc had a virus and offered to fix it for me that I had a Mac. He hung up.

The OTR

hog.goblin