Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dortmund

Started by HogFanInBryant, August 20, 2016, 04:31:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanInBryant

$250 to win...come on you big goofy SOB!

HogFanInBryant

Ouch...never a shot at any horse in the country running with CC today...WOW!

jdelo77

I was on beholder, but I did hit the super twice ! But it only paid 30

HogFanInBryant

I liked Dortmund a LOT (as you can tell) because I thought he would be much fitter after his last race with CC after being off so long.  Plus BB said that he felt like this race would be something special like Frosted had put up.  I guess he didn't plan on CC putting on that kind of a show.  Dortmund has killed me in the wallet.  I am done!

ghostzapper

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on August 20, 2016, 08:23:47 pm
Ouch...never a shot at any horse in the country running with CC today...WOW!

Beyer fig was a 113.  Not overwhelming, and certainly within Dortmund's reach if he improved off of comeback race.  Guess the Ragozin boys will say he bounced.  I'll give CC credit.  He's running consistent numbers.

cbhawg03

Thought should have pushed Dortmund to the front. Think that was only real chance, once he took back was over.  Has Dortmund ever rated and won?

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: cbhawg03 on August 23, 2016, 08:01:17 am
Thought should have pushed Dortmund to the front. Think that was only real chance, once he took back was over.  Has Dortmund ever rated and won?

I agree...no idea why he didn't go to the front.  CC won the race after a mediocre 1/2 mile.  Dortmund is such a freaking underachiever but I can't question anything BB has done with him...he kinda knows what he is doing lol.  He will probably win the BCC now that I am officially not betting on him anymore haha!

holeinthewall

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on August 23, 2016, 08:53:44 pm
I agree...no idea why he didn't go to the front.  CC won the race after a mediocre 1/2 mile.  Dortmund is such a freaking underachiever but I can't question anything BB has done with him...he kinda knows what he is doing lol.  He will probably win the BCC now that I am officially not betting on him anymore haha!

Throw him on a pick 4 or pick 5 his odds will be good and if he beats frosted and CC it will make for a nice payout.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: holeinthewall on August 24, 2016, 06:31:27 am
Throw him on a pick 4 or pick 5 his odds will be good and if he beats frosted and CC it will make for a nice payout.

I have trouble hitting a double...much less a pick 4 or 5 on BC day lol.

cbhawg03

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on August 24, 2016, 04:46:46 pm
I have trouble hitting a double...much less a pick 4 or 5 on BC day lol.

Several pick 3s paid to 2 of 3 at Remington so might try Remington

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: cbhawg03 on August 24, 2016, 06:50:35 pm
Several pick 3s paid to 2 of 3 at Remington so might try Remington

Not a fan of Remington...tried it a few times but seems like a tough surface to handicap.

jdelo77

Tough wouldn't be the word ! Impossible more like it ...

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: jdelo77 on August 24, 2016, 09:30:30 pm
Tough wouldn't be the word ! Impossible more like it ...

agree...it's either recovering from 4 inches of rain in a downpour...or hard as a rock from baking in the sun

cbhawg03

Get lot of Oaklawn connections.  Also, you can play Villaframco/Caldwell/Vazquez horses, which have had couple really nice payoffs recently. Prices that you don't get at Oaklwn.

Diodoro has some at Remington as well.  Nothing gauranteed more than Diodoro in claiming route races at Oaklawn with Franco riding.  Late in the meet were hitting at like 80% +