HogFanInBryant

#8 Koala Queen
***Leparoux on the turf
***1st time lasix
***blinkers off
WATCH THE HELL OUT AT 10-1

Any thoughts?

cbhawg03

Don't think the price holds, seen some rumblings about this horse.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: cbhawg03 on May 20, 2016, 09:20:03 am
Don't think the price holds, seen some rumblings about this horse.

I listened to a handicapping special and neither Beyer or Watchmaker even gave the horse a mention.  Not sure if I like that or hate that lol?

cbhawg03

Porked Tongue

HogFanInBryant

What a strange race!  Did you see the pace horse...rider lost the irons and just let him go all out for nearly a mile then everyone had to dodge the horse like he was tied to a boulder!

cbhawg03

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on May 20, 2016, 05:12:06 pm
What a strange race!  Did you see the pace horse...rider lost the irons and just let him go all out for nearly a mile then everyone had to dodge the horse like he was tied to a boulder!

Think just difference of opinion, heard lot of people say he did good to get out of the way. Did he lose irons or the break?

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: cbhawg03 on May 20, 2016, 09:49:02 pm
Think just difference of opinion, heard lot of people say he did good to get out of the way. Did he lose irons or the break?

The stirrups broke off some leather strap right out of the gate.  The horse was running wide open until he just pooped out and stopped like a ton of bricks.  One of the guys said they were shocked at how far the horse went before he quit running and that it was actually kind of impressive.  Nonetheless it totally f'd up how the race unfolded...not just saying that because the one I liked didn't win.  I don't think the rider had the control of the horse enough to pull it up so he basically just had to hold on for dear life and might as well do it when you have a huge lead lol.  I know the 1/2 clipped around 46 which is crazy on the turf.

cbhawg03

Damn, that is impressive. I thought they broke turning for home or in the stretch, that horse was flying for a long time. It did die big time tho, but impressive sprint for that distance.

Mike Smith rode Pletcher horse in Derby couple years ago at Oaklawn, reins broke while in the infield. Had to go back to paddock for new reins, can't remember name of the horse tho.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: cbhawg03 on May 20, 2016, 11:38:08 pm
Damn, that is impressive. I thought they broke turning for home or in the stretch, that horse was flying for a long time. It did die big time tho, but impressive sprint for that distance.

Mike Smith rode Pletcher horse in Derby couple years ago at Oaklawn, reins broke while in the infield. Had to go back to paddock for new reins, can't remember name of the horse tho.

Seems like I remember that happening too!