Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unified wins the Peter Pan @ Belmont...BUT----------

Started by HogFanInBryant, May 15, 2016, 08:42:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanInBryant

His tongue was hanging out as he just held off a few closers in deep stretch.  Even the announcers on TVG said they weren't sure he needed to run past a mile or so again.  No Tonalist coming from this group.  If Nyquist can win the Preakness, I am gonna have to say I am over 50/50 confident that his breeding won't be his downfall in the Belmont.  Here is the question...is Exaggerator going to be the 2nd coming of Victory Gallop to ruin the party for Nyquist per Real Quiet's heartbreaker?  Regardless of breeding and the 1 1/2 mile distance...something about Belmont is always working against the deep closers, that isn't my opinion, just take a look at history...

jdelo77

I had the 6 horse in the Peter Pan ( wild about Deb ? ) was closing nicely and I almost thought he would get there ...but nope , my question was would he get the distance as well ..this crap with breed and he's not bred to go that far , it's not what it use to be !!! Hell I saw a smoke glacken colt once go wire to wire at Tampa in a 1 1/16 ...

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: jdelo77 on May 16, 2016, 07:16:52 am
I had the 6 horse in the Peter Pan ( wild about Deb ? ) was closing nicely and I almost thought he would get there ...but nope , my question was would he get the distance as well ..this crap with breed and he's not bred to go that far , it's not what it use to be !!! Hell I saw a smoke glacken colt once go wire to wire at Tampa in a 1 1/16 ...

Yes sir, those who still use the DI for their wagers in TC races are scratching a broke a$$ haha!  How about the sprinter out of Kingmambo who was deadly at 7 furlongs or less but ran last every single time he tried to run beyond lol...ugggg can't remember his name.  Any horse with Kingmambo should suck at sprinting and love going long on any surface haha!

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelo77 on May 16, 2016, 07:16:52 am

On Fire Baby says hello

cbhawg03

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on May 15, 2016, 08:42:54 pm
His tongue was hanging out as he just held off a few closers in deep stretch.  Even the announcers on TVG said they weren't sure he needed to run past a mile or so again.  No Tonalist coming from this group.  If Nyquist can win the Preakness, I am gonna have to say I am over 50/50 confident that his breeding won't be his downfall in the Belmont.  Here is the question...is Exaggerator going to be the 2nd coming of Victory Gallop to ruin the party for Nyquist per Real Quiet's heartbreaker?  Regardless of breeding and the 1 1/2 mile distance...something about Belmont is always working against the deep closers, that isn't my opinion, just take a look at history...

Do believe he was going from 7F to 9F in only 3rd career start? Not saying he is going to win any marathon events, but could provide some explanation as to why was struggling at the end.