Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why not Destin?

Started by HogFanInBryant, April 24, 2016, 09:31:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanInBryant

Enough speed to ensure a clean trip...but not a speedball that will be done early if a suicidal pace erupts.  Being a son of Giant's Causeway should help any doubt of distance limitations.  Give me some feedback as I'm starting to really like this horse the more I dig into him.  His Tampa Derby link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nWDMAIIM58

cbhawg03

Two concerns, trainer (record in KY Derby) and layoff.

You ever think of how similar Pletcher and Lukas are? Horses with mysterious injuries, horses that disappear for long periods of time, horses that run a race or two then run an absolutely clunker to only be discovered to injury _______.

porkinsons disease

8 week layoff is concerning, but should be at very nice odds. Pletcher has had a couple of horses finish 2nd at huge odds (Bluegrass Cat, Invisible Ink). Could be a huge bomber
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

HogFanInBryant

I sure do like his running style for this particular KD.  Should sit close if they go fast up front...but seems talented enough to try and steal it if nobody wants the lead.  I'll wait and see what Danzing Candy has to say about the front end lol.

mckinneyhog5

Whatever you do, don't forget Tom's Ready  The last few years Dallas Stewart has managed to get his horse with long odds up into 2nd place.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

kingoftherapids

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 25, 2016, 11:44:01 pm
Whatever you do, don't forget Tom's Ready  The last few years Dallas Stewart has managed to get his horse with long odds up into 2nd place.

This is why I LOVED his mare in the apple blossom. :)

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on April 26, 2016, 11:10:14 am
This is why I LOVED his mare in the apple blossom. :)

Not cause Untapable doesn't know how to win anymore

kingoftherapids

she needs to head to the shed and change her name to tapable

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: kingoftherapids on April 26, 2016, 12:31:53 pm
she needs to head to the shed and change her name to tapable

Brilliant!  I'm jealous I didn't come up with this one before you lol!