Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Oaklawn trip

Started by Big Boi, April 06, 2016, 08:17:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Boi

What does one need to know/experience around Hot Springs.thx

cbhawg03

Corned beef or Reuben at the track, I prefer Reuben but can't go wrong either way.

Tamale spread at McClards also, all I ever get and think ribs not as good as they use to be.

kingoftherapids

If a woman is with you, Garvan Gardens. Thank me later

A stroll downtown is always a nice time. Pancake Shop is a must, but be prepared to wait if you try on a saturday morning.

If kids with you, Mid America Science Museum.

I have a lot more suggestions but i dont know how long you are staying and all of these things can be done in a morning before the track in the afternoon.

Big Boi

Many thanks for the responses. I will be taking my wife no kids. Will downtown pretty much be where we need to go Friday night?

kingoftherapids

Quote from: Big Boi on April 07, 2016, 08:31:33 pm
Many thanks for the responses. I will be taking my wife no kids. Will downtown pretty much be where we need to go Friday night?
Ohio Club is a must friday night. The brewery is pretty chill. the arlington lobby is cool to go and sit at as well.

kingoftherapids

a trip on top of one the mtns at sunset is pretty awesome too.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Big Boi on April 06, 2016, 08:17:52 pm
What does one need to know/experience around Hot Springs.thx

Enjoy the trip? Not too many things I enjoy more than a day at the track.

Big Boi

It was a great time and thanks to everyone who gave me tips! We went to Ohio club Friday night, it was awesome. Saturday morning we tried to eat at Pancake shop but wait was to long. Oaklawn was a great experience and we will be going back.

userpick

Quote from: Big Boi on April 10, 2016, 10:22:13 pm
It was a great time and thanks to everyone who gave me tips! We went to Ohio club Friday night, it was awesome. Saturday morning we tried to eat at Pancake shop but wait was to long. Oaklawn was a great experience and we will be going back.

Next weekend is a great time to go back!

Lanny

Stop by Mason's coin shop at 2038 central ave and say hello
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy